PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Leeds into Administration
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Leeds into Administration  (Read 7490 times)

Jenga

« on: May 04, 2007, 04:46:32 PM »

Will this affect us or does it mean they lose 10 point this season and carry on as normal in div 1?

Altysmiffy

Re: Leeds into Administration
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 04:52:16 PM »

I heard a rumour that it means we stay in Conf National!

D'Oh! There I go again...... Easy to get confused between Leeds & Crawley!

T.A

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 04:59:59 PM »

the 10 points are being taken of them this seasoon

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »

It is so wrong that they are being allowed to do this! "Right lads, we're down anyway so let's wipe out the debt now!".

They should be starting next season on -10 points and consider themselves lucky at that. they are taking the f**king p*ss!

Altysmiffy

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 05:32:24 PM »

It is so wrong that they are being allowed to do this! "Right lads, we're down anyway so let's wipe out the debt now!".

They should be starting next season on -10 points and consider themselves lucky at that. they are taking the f**king p*ss!

Agreed.

The FA  have been a waste of space once more.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 05:36:12 PM »

To be fair Slade, every team would do the same in their position. We did it two years ago, and i remember Hughesy going overboard on confguide about it, almost damning us to hell.

man in the stand

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 05:44:08 PM »

No by going into adminstration they are saying they are going to meet part of the debt whcih a few years ago was £80m +.. still it all sounds a bit dodgy to me..

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 07:12:09 PM »

To be fair Slade, every team would do the same in their position. We did it two years ago, and i remember Hughesy going overboard on confguide about it, almost damning us to hell.

Not being funny Chris but it was wrong when you did it as well. Where is the punishment? The only thing that changes in real terms is that Leeds have got rid of their debt. Docking them 10 points has not penalised them in any way because they are already down.

It just makes a complete mockery of teams that live within their means and those who overspend yet choose to pay their way.

If the FA want to punish Leeds properly they should dock them points next season.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 07:25:15 PM »

With Leeds going into administration for a second time. The company should be liquidated. No club should be allowed to go into administration a second time. Once is careless. Twice is stupid. Have they formed a new company? If they have, wasn't it similar actions that got Northwich kicked out of the Conference.  In my opinion Leeds should be kicked out of the League and be made to start again in Unibond 1 or lower.

The FA is a joke.
Hope Soho Square goes up in smoke.
They really should be beating teams like us

man in the stand

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 07:56:11 PM »

The odd thing is the club hoping to be sold to a company in which Ken Bates has an interest.

The creditors have to approve this sale....one of the major creditors..Ken Bates!

lukealty12

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 08:23:55 PM »

nice to see em' down

Walsh No5

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 08:57:53 PM »

Leeds are complete idiots, who having just got texted off Gaz Warrington, stated that they won't get deducted the 10 points next year - t*ssers!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 10:17:57 PM »

they're still paying about 10,000 a week of Robbie Fowlers wages, and they're still paying some of David O'Learys wages as well. they've both been gone since 2002. its just a joke. apparently leeds was estimated at bein worth 5 million. can't see ken bates wanting to sell it for anythin less than 20, the T**t that he is.

baldrick

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »

I hate Leeds more than i hate bank holidays but Ken Bates has been very clever here. He has manipulated the rules and allowed himself to buy the club at a bargain price. Dennis Wise was always going to get them relegated. I think it was a conspiracy. Hopefully they will soon die completely. Just thinking about that horrible little ginger midget Billy Bremner makes me want to nut someone.

ChrisVessey CUFC

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 12:45:50 AM »

Not being funny Chris but it was wrong when you did it as well. Where is the punishment?

You may think it is wrong and yes... it probably is. But my point is everybody would do it, even yourselves if you're honest, so it does smack of a little hypocrisy to condemn others as 'wrong'. In fact you'd be plain daft for not doing it, a la Rotherham, and look what happened to them. It's upto the FA to change or tighten this rule asap, because clubs will keep doing it and the deduction becomes pointless ('scuse the pun!).

You also ask 'where's the punishment?'. Well, our punishment was a near corrupt board who financially mismanaged the club to near death, sold Dave Kitson for a paltry £150,000 and sold our stadium to property developers for £1.9million on land which is worth over £10million. We have to make near impossible rent payments of £200k a year which slashed our budget so much we could not compete and were relegated to the Conference. Whilst they walk away scot free, the new regime and supporters are left to pick up the pieces, which resulted in almost another relegation which would have more than likely finished us off.

I think thats 'punishment' enough, don't you?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team