Marcus
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Marcus  (Read 6606 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2023, 09:10:49 AM »

Good Luck to Marcus, got far too much abuse from many Alty fans I believe, when he was basically trying to score goals for us.

No the worst striker we've ever had and not the best either. Onto a new chapter now.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2023, 09:35:34 AM »

Good Luck to Marcus, got far too much abuse from many Alty fans I believe, when he was basically trying to score goals for us.

No the worst striker we've ever had and not the best either. Onto a new chapter now.

Not even the worse strikee we've had since promotion
It's all my fault.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2023, 09:00:33 PM »

I didn't realise Danny Elliott had been recalled from Gateshead by Boreham Wood - good luck if they think Marcus is going to replace him.

Elliott linked with a move to York City - he's proven at this level, maybe York have more resources than us (you'd probably think so) as he'd be great here.

Danny Elliott has now signed for SC**thorpe.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2023, 09:52:00 PM »

I didn't realise Danny Elliott had been recalled from Gateshead by Boreham Wood - good luck if they think Marcus is going to replace him.

Elliott linked with a move to York City - he's proven at this level, maybe York have more resources than us (you'd probably think so) as he'd be great here.

Danny Elliott has now signed for SC**thorpe.

sh*t.or bust from them. Need wins and fast
It's all my fault.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2023, 10:20:53 PM »

Taking personal feelings out of it 10 goals in 33 isn't that bad a ratio is it?

Firstly, it's ten from nearer fifty if you count sub appearances.
Secondly, how many were tap ins?
Thirdly, how many glaring misses has he had?
Fourthly, chances to goals scored ratio probably 6 or 7 to 1 when it needs to be, at the outside, 3 or 4 to 1.

As has been said elsewhere, not NL quality sadly however nice a lad and however hard he tried.

Couldn’t care less how many were tap ins!!

It’s not quite worked out but whether it’s a lockdown/bcd thing or not I don’t know but Marcus Dinanga is comfortably better than at least half a dozen of the strikers who preceded him in the season before.

To talk of him as on a par with the all time great Alty duffers is really odd to be honest?
Not odd at all. He couldn't do the basic things required by a footballer. Never tackled anyone, never beat anyone, never won a header (it's debatable if he ever actually jumped for one), and couldn't hit a barn door.
He's right up.there with the worst.

If I gave you a list of the dozen or so strikers we had the season before he signed, where would you put him?

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2023, 11:22:51 PM »

If people think he's worse than the likes of Byron Harrison - who has been on the books this season - then I'm afraid they're talking absolute bollocks.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2023, 08:35:05 AM »

If Byron Harrison has ever tackled someone, beaten someone, won a header or shown the vaguest ability to finish, he's better than Dinanga.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2023, 08:52:18 AM »

this said also probably got the most songs sung to him over any other player as well to encourage him
ParkINson's red and white army

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2023, 09:23:40 AM »

this said also probably got the most songs sung to him over any other player as well to encourage him

It took us 18 months to have a song, every mistake was berated.
It's all my fault.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2023, 11:09:28 AM »

I didn't rate Marcus at our level from a very early stage, and it's a relief to me that we've finally given up on him. Comparisons with the likes of Harrison, Blyth, or Adariboyo are futile - they merely passed through - but Marcus was given a 2 year contract and we were saddled with him. If he'd been non-contractual I seriously believe he'd have been shown the door last season instead of going out on loan.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2023, 11:29:15 AM »

I agree. That's a significant point, OFITG.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2023, 12:25:09 PM »

I didn't rate Marcus at our level from a very early stage, and it's a relief to me that we've finally given up on him. Comparisons with the likes of Harrison, Blyth, or Adariboyo are futile - they merely passed through - but Marcus was given a 2 year contract and we were saddled with him. If he'd been non-contractual I seriously believe he'd have been shown the door last season instead of going out on loan.

Sensible post.  I observed that he always had to take a touch upon receiving the ball and this nearly always led to it bobbling away from him or for the ball to be lost in a tackle.

He did a good job for Dartford (National League South) when we sent him there on loan scoring 13 times in 16 appearances.  It seems likely that he has a reasonable future at that level and I wish him good luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Marcus