PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Signing
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Signing  (Read 6797 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Signing
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2023, 08:33:09 AM »

I know it's hard for us not to get hysterical when we see players go out of the exit door, but I hope everyone has calmed down a little bit now.

If it's true we've got him for £10k, that's an absolute steal given his stock in non-league circles and also consodering what we've taken in player sales this month.

This board have shown time and time again that they negotiate a hard bargain - and whilst the loanee situation might look a bit ridiculous at the moment, I'm confident it might lead to a quieter summer of recruiting.

Someone mentined that Toby might be the next JJ; the sacrificial lamb to keep us moving forward at his own potential expense. Being frank, it's not our problem.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2023, 08:47:45 AM »

There's a LOT of love for him from FCUM fans...

https://twitter.com/FCUnitedMcr/status/1621478631812829184?t=ZaFdM6BNxNI9ZFgvVveOPw&s=19

"u will live on forever. Cant believe it.  I wanna run to you. Really cant believe this."  :o

There’s loads more along those lines on their forum (I would post a link but you have to register to read it first). They are absolutely deflated that he’s gone & basically think that’s their play off hopes for this season done for. He was their Ryan Colclough in a nutshell.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2023, 10:21:14 AM »

does this mean we might have seen the end of Jordan and Direnanga
Harold

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2023, 10:35:54 AM »

I came across the January standings for the NPL Golden Boot and our new boy was top with 20.

Callum Dolan has 14 for Warrington Rylands in the same league.

Interestingly, the NPL (West) has James Berry leading with 19 for Macc and Mason Fawns in 2nd with 14 for Mossley.

Have we missed a trick?

I suspect the gulf between the NL and their league is probably too much for Berry and Fawns but as for Dolan?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 10:48:11 AM by Ukrainian Alty »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2023, 10:42:18 AM »

It’s already been suggested on this thread & elsewhere. Jordan IMO will almost certainly be off in the summer. Dinanga given he’s about 5 years younger I’m not entirely sure but if he gets anywhere near replicating his FCUM form no doubt Linney will soon be the main man up top for us.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2023, 11:02:34 AM »

Dinanga gone

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2023, 11:15:46 AM »

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2023, 11:19:50 AM »

Regan sounds an interesting prospect but he's jumping up two leagues and going full time. It might take him a little while to get up to speed. Remember how many goals Jordan and Josh were banging in in the NPL, not so many in the NL.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2023, 11:23:34 AM »

Dinanga gone

SOLD to Gateshead!
If they weren't knocking favourites for the drop before then they must be absolutely nailed on now!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyNotFaulty

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2023, 11:44:35 AM »

Watch him become their top scorer and earn a move to Rochdale

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2023, 11:49:50 AM »

Regan sounds an interesting prospect but he's jumping up two leagues and going full time. It might take him a little while to get up to speed. Remember how many goals Jordan and Josh were banging in in the NPL, not so many in the NL.

This is why I think Hugill will start (although I seem to be in the minority).

Given he's only a kid, I suspect United will want us to manage his minutes - I reckon we might initially give Hugill an hour and Linney the last 30.

Linney is also cup tied, so I'm sure Parky might also be thinking about playing the XI that will start at Bracknell.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 11:54:18 AM by MarpleAlty »

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2023, 12:20:50 PM »

It’s already been suggested on this thread & elsewhere. Jordan IMO will almost certainly be off in the summer. Dinanga given he’s about 5 years younger I’m not entirely sure but if he gets anywhere near replicating his FCUM form no doubt Linney will soon be the main man up top for us.

No-one was more delighted than me when Jordan returned to Alty.  Some others took a more cautious view and it pains me to admit that they have since  been proved to be right. However, no-one will dispute what a pleasure it has been to watch him during our recent times in the NPL and Conference North.  He has earned his place in Alty folklore and I will say no more except to record the fact that before he first signed for Alty he was well known to us and virtually everyone else in Non-League football as a prolific goalscorer and a real personality.

Had anyone even heard of Dinanga before he came to Alty?  I am trying to think of a way to record my observations of him without being too rude. Unfortunately, it has to be said that he is hopeless beyond any sense of reason and should not have been allowed anywhere near the team.  I don't remember him scoring any noteworthy goals and the very few that he did manage to put away were mainly tap-ins.  He missed a multitude of easy chances and he has even managed to interfere and prevent other goal-bound chances from counting.

I only remember one forward who played for Alty who was worse than Dinanga and that was Dave Furnivall who was signed by Les Rigby in the 1970's and whom my Dad and his mates coined the nickname "Rising Damp"

I am sorry to be so harsh but it was well beyond time for Marcus to move on.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2023, 03:12:37 PM »

On a different not I see that Duncan Watmore has joined Millwall

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2023, 03:14:00 PM »

I take it we all want Millwall to get in the play-offs and get promotion! 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2023, 08:42:56 PM »

I take it we all want Millwall to get in the play-offs and get promotion! 😉

He may have created a record by coming off the bench against his former club in successive matches, but for two different teams !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Signing