PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Borehamwood Match Thread  (Read 11224 times)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Borehamwood Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 09:26:14 AM »

I am genuinely confused as to how anyone can state that Dinanga should be in this Altrincham side
What do people see in him as a player. He could well be the worst Alty player I've ever seen and I've seen some bad ones in my time.
sadly I have to agree . He brings nothing. He is lazy . He has zero composure in front of goal. Many times I have seen him barley celebrates when others score. He is the luckiest forward I have ever seen at this club to be given such a run in the team for such little return
So Harsh that, not surprised he hardly celebrates the way he's berated. He needs to play as he has scored more goals as a forward than any other forward we have. The more he plays the better he should get. I agree we need more alternatives up front so place is not guaranteed. But now, he is the best we have in my opinion

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 09:40:55 AM »

It's easy to score goals when you are two yards out. In the light of criticism on here I've been watching him carefully. He runs around a lot, which slows down the opposition's defensive clearances and thats it.

He doesn't win any high balls whatsoever and is never on the scene to pick up second balls. When he does have the ball he has made one or two decent passes but when it comes to goal scoring opportunities he's woefull. I can't remember seeing him make a tackle.

It feels like we are playing every game with 10 1/2 men.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 09:46:28 AM »

He scored 6 goals in 6 games for the first time an Altrincham players done that whilst Ive watched them (at this level)

He is very much a confidence player. Look at Landgstaff. Before the Gateshead season, his record was borderline average. Im noy saying Marcus is the same standard, but he did score 13 in 15 at the level below.

It's all my fault.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 09:47:38 AM »

CC you need to be in the position to score from 2 yards out. That's poaching. It's still a skill. The service he needs is different to say Hulme. Jennings never got in those positions. but was better in other aspects of his game. I agreed Dinanga needs to improve, his first touch is awful at times, but does get involved in assisting other goals.

Look forward to getting better forwards in, but clearly were struggling to recruit one or more.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 11:13:35 AM »

I agree re. Dinanga but the fact is (and it is a fact) he has scored more goals than Jordan.

If only he scored more often than once in every 5 or 6 genuine opportunities he's presented with. He's a total waste of space at this level.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2023, 12:12:16 PM »

I agree re. Dinanga but the fact is (and it is a fact) he has scored more goals than Jordan.

If only he scored more often than once in every 5 or 6 genuine opportunities he's presented with. He's a total waste of space at this level.

It's 1 in 3.

Which in fairness is better than a lot of others.
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2023, 12:53:59 PM »

Dinanga is not the long term answer but he’s the best option we’ve currently got for that position and we should get behind him. The reaction some fans make to his slightest mistake is absurd and really poor form, I’ve got to say. I’ve never ever experienced the sort of stick he’s had with any other player in my time.

Very lazy to call him lazy, would love to see his running stats vs. Jennings who left with our good graces despite offering nothing but a decent first touch (which Dinanga has, by the way.) Say what you want about his finishing but he is absolutely not a lazy footballer and I’ll back that all day. Amazed people think our management would accept that.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 01:18:42 PM »

Dinanga is not the long term answer but he’s the best option we’ve currently got for that position and we should get behind him. The reaction some fans make to his slightest mistake is absurd and really poor form, I’ve got to say. I’ve never ever experienced the sort of stick he’s had with any other player in my time.

Very lazy to call him lazy, would love to see his running stats vs. Jennings who left with our good graces despite offering nothing but a decent first touch (which Dinanga has, by the way.) Say what you want about his finishing but he is absolutely not a lazy footballer and I’ll back that all day. Amazed people think our management would accept that.

I couldn't agree more. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of players, to rate them or think they're useless, but I find the depth of the hatred for Dinanga from some quarters slightly disturbing.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 01:26:26 PM »

I obviously can't speak for others, but in my case, it's certainly not hatred but rather utter despair that he's our best option at number nine.
Having said that, as long as he's with us I'll applaud him when he does well.
Which isn't very often.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 01:45:20 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2023, 02:01:45 PM »

There is certainly no hatred....he trys his best in my opinion and that 'best' proves not to be good enough at our level during 4 matches out of five.
It is not his fault he is selected. The club has failed miserably again to recruit a Conference  National level number 9. He and Hulme are our best sub-standard options at the moment.

To point out also that both Hulme and Dinanga would be considered to be top class in the division below. It is all about levels and we seem to have gambled on players stepping up and in this case it has not worked as well as hoped
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 02:03:51 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2023, 02:30:04 PM »

He could well be the worst Alty player I've ever seen and I've seen some bad ones in my time.

This is clearly absolute nonsense.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2023, 02:42:43 PM »

There is certainly no hatred....he trys his best in my opinion and that 'best' proves not to be good enough at our level during 4 matches out of five.
It is not his fault he is selected. The club has failed miserably again to recruit a Conference  National level number 9. He and Hulme are our best sub-standard options at the moment.

To point out also that both Hulme and Dinanga would be considered to be top class in the division below. It is all about levels and we seem to have gambled on players stepping up and in this case it has not worked as well as hoped

In fairness I dont think its a gamble. If Dinanga hadnt plaued for us last year and we signed a young Conference South striker with a 13 in 15 record, you'd think we'd unearthed a gem, same way Notts County had.

Hulme I have to believe from IOM trio alone offfers the younger players far more than just a subpar weekly run out.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2023, 02:45:29 PM »

The worst one I ever saw was that (very) old ex Welsh 'international'. Can't remember his name (perhaps someone else on here with a better memory can help) but it must be at least 20 to 30 years ago.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2023, 03:47:25 PM »

Don't hate him, he's probably a very nice person. He's just not a good enough footballer.

PaulClementsLaments

• Regular First Team
  • I wish I was a spaceman...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2023, 03:52:27 PM »

I certainly wouldn't describe Marcus as lazy or a bad player but we've had better strikers certainly. I would say he lacks a bit of bravery and his goal to chance ratio isn't great but I don't generally have a problem with his all round play. We've had much worse, Darren Royle anyone?  :o
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Borehamwood Match Thread