PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colwyn Bay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Match Thread  (Read 26969 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Colwyn Bay Match Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2013, 07:38:50 PM »

Couburn did make some good saves but also dropped the corner that led to  their goal
very clear from the video his own player fouls him can't blame stuart
ParkINson's red and white army

JDN

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2013, 07:47:19 PM »

It was Reeves and Mills first game together, whatever you do please don't apply the vacant job of manager at Moss Lane, the club mean too much to my family  :-\
:D :D :D :D :D
fair point!!

JDN

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »

Couburn did make some good saves but also dropped the corner that led to  their goal

yeah that Danny Hall again!!!

taxi Phil

« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »

yeah that Danny Hall again!!!
That's at least one thing you and I agree on.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2013, 09:20:02 PM »

The more I watch it I keep wondering what he was thinking climbing onto Stuart ?
ParkINson's red and white army

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2013, 09:50:59 PM »

What is it about the Internet that brings people to say things they would never say to another's face?

Jimmy

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2013, 10:02:04 PM »

What does that mean jim you can't criticise a player or manager on a football forum probably better on here than shouting at them at the ground

Robins Retweet

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2013, 10:05:11 PM »

What is it about the Internet that brings people to say things they would never say to another's face?

people misunderstand your point on this forum too much, the differance between genuine and jovial is not clear, and also too many take calls to sack the manager as disruptive and negative....when in fact its wanting positive change.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »

Mark Ecky,
Jamie might have come across a bit strong but he has 2 good points:
1) You do come across a bit happy clappy at times, defending the club at the first excuse, probably not this time but you can do.  (I might have only posted a few times but I've read this forum for years.)  I know you are one of the clubs biggest supporters but we don't all have to be positive about Alty all the time like you try to be.

Right, hang on a minute here. You're missing a point here between real life and the forum. Ecky can fend for himself but if he'll allow me... If you were to ask what he thinks of things over a pint he'll tell you, whether positive negative or otherwise. However, on here, as moderator of the forum he's got to relatively make sure that things don't get out of hand - it gives an impression of the club.

Ecky moderates it very well imo. You need to understand what this forum used to be like (in the GH v BT era with no registration) - absolute hateful, spiteful, libellous stuff. He's got to make sure that the place functions relatively well.

Also, you two I haven't seen you fall out like this since Jamie spelt your name wrong in 1995...

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2013, 10:23:02 PM »

What does that mean jim you can't criticise a player or manager on a football forum probably better on here than shouting at them at the ground

No but this thread and others have ended up with personal remarks and outright abuse
This has been the case on all other forums I have taken part in but I assumed it was the anonymous nature of it that allowed behaviour that would be unacceptable In real life, but here most people know each other at least to look at

markecky

« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2013, 10:23:46 PM »

Mark Ecky,
Jamie might have come across a bit strong but he has 2 good points:
1) You do come across a bit happy clappy at times, defending the club at the first excuse, probably not this time but you can do.  (I might have only posted a few times but I've read this forum for years.)  I know you are one of the clubs biggest supporters but we don't all have to be positive about Alty all the time like you try to be.

Right, hang on a minute here. You're missing a point here between real life and the forum. Ecky can fend for himself but if he'll allow me... If you were to ask what he thinks of things over a pint he'll tell you, whether positive negative or otherwise. However, on here, as moderator of the forum he's got to relatively make sure that things don't get out of hand - it gives an impression of the club.

Ecky moderates it very well imo. You need to understand what this forum used to be like (in the GH v BT era with no registration) - absolute hateful, spiteful, libellous stuff. He's got to make sure that the place functions relatively well.

Also, you two I haven't seen you fall out like this since Jamie spelt your name wrong in 1995...

Thanks Ballers.  As you've seen it's quite important to me that people know that whilst I do try and be positive (or give some background to stuff if I know it) where I can be, I am not afraid to tell it how it is to whoever.

For the record I haven't fallen out with Jamie, I just took offence and told him so.  Perhaps on here wasn't the best place but what's done is done.

Jamie is entitled to his opinion and to express on it here and I am entitled to say if I think its extreme. It's done with now...I hope.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:03 PM »

And re Lee Sinnott. I would just say that 18 months is a long enough time for his abilities to be assessed.

That people are questioning after this time about whether he is good to enough for us to achieve what we want (promotion) probably tells you that he isn't.

For me I don't see enough genuine improvement to suggest that promotion will happen next season, never mind this. We actually seem to have had a season a bit like last, fairly shambolic pre season I think then hit a good run in September October, although with a small cup run this year, then struggling a bit when pitches aren't as good or whenever someone turns up and gets in our faces.

The defending has been a bit less shambolic than last season though.

markecky

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2013, 10:28:39 PM »

And re Lee Sinnott. I would just say that 18 months is a long enough time for his abilities to be assessed.

That people are questioning after this time about whether he is good to enough for us to achieve what we want (promotion) probably tells you that he isn't.

For me I don't see enough genuine improvement to suggest that promotion will happen next season, never mind this. We actually seem to have had a season a bit like last, fairly shambolic pre season I think then hit a good run in September October, although with a small cup run this year, then struggling a bit when pitches aren't as good or whenever someone turns up and gets in our faces.

The defending has been a bit less shambolic than last season though.

I believe that we have made some progress this season.  Is it enough progress though?  I think at the end of the season the answer may be no.

The players can turn this round of course, starting Tuesday. Whether they will is another matter or whether the team picked will allow them to is probably another post altogether.

To many Alty games have followed old style Alty scripts.  You know what will happen before it does.  Like yesterday, no one thought we would snatch a late winner around me, it was more a case of would their 30 yarder come and we could all watch a pile on in the corner and five people running down the Golf Road end.

Can accept it against Guisley, can't accept it against Colwyn Bay however much improved they are.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:31:29 PM by markecky »

taxi Phil

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2013, 10:39:08 PM »

In fairness, a point is an improvement on the corresponding fixture last year.

markecky

« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2013, 10:45:23 PM »

In fairness, a point is an improvement on the corresponding fixture last year.

It is Phil but you've got to beat bottom four sides at home if you are serious about going anywhere.

Admittedly, Colwyn Bay weren't cannon fodder by any means.   We get undone when we come up against grit and determination.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colwyn Bay Match Thread