PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colwyn Bay Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Colwyn Bay Match Thread  (Read 27079 times)

Jenga

Re: Colwyn Bay Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 05:59:46 PM »

no reason today that we couldnt have played 3-1-4-2 against a bottom table side at home.

D 1             D 2           D 3

Rogers

Watmore     Richman    Moult    Clee

Reeves         Mills

Randy Konk

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 06:24:04 PM »

We were poor today for sure but not sure how much of that was down to tactics. Duncan was as innefective on the right as he was on the left. They were strong and never gave us a moment on the ball and we don't know what to do when we come up against teams like that.

Their keeper didn't have to deal with a single shot in the 2nd half.

The season is far from over yet though.

On a separate issue, their number 2 was terrific, can we buy him?

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 06:25:36 PM »

Woeful! :(

An old boy from Colwyn couldn't believe we were top 7.  One of the worst opponents he had seen, he said.  I had to agree...

Rogers and Hall sounds like a comedy double act and at times today they were.  Not good enough Lee!
Nicky's lost his mojo and what was all the hype about Ben Mills?  A poor man's Dale Johnson for me.
Stuart saved us from a very embarrassing reverse.

Improvement needed.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 06:34:58 PM »

Harrogate won comfortably at Gloucester today as did Halifax on Tuesday. I'm afraid if we don't get a win there Tuesday that may well be it( if it isn't already).

markecky

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »

Bit unfair to write Mills off just yet. I know it's what we do but he wasnt the worst. Could be a good foil for Reeves but you can't expect them to click after one session.

arnald

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 06:44:40 PM »

we had some good spels today but we aint going to compete against a good side
1 point out of 3 games  it aint good enough maybe  clee should have started who nos
we will just go through the motions now a huge shame it is

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 07:01:43 PM »

The season is far from over yet though.

Correct, the season ends in April - it's our play-off hopes that more than likely ended today
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

thegazelle

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »

not often i am negative but i reckon season over , time to regroup . I know i am thousands of miles away but why sign a new centre forward when we obviously need someone str ong and fiesty in midfield?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 07:23:05 PM »

Extremely disappointed today, especially seeing Halifax only drew. But season ended? Not a chance. It's 2 from 4 (Gainsborough, Halifax, us and Harrogate). Although Halifax and Harrogate have those games in hand, it's no guarantee of points. However, those games against Halifax if we are still in with a chance are HUGE.

Only positive I can put on today was we didn't lose, and hopefully we can start an 8/9 game unbeaten run, where we win most of them.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

taxi Phil

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 07:46:52 PM »

They were set up to do a job on us, and they did that job. I have to agree with Ecky about Sinclair, who was impressive. Still despise him though. And yes, their number 2 was very Impressive as well.

But as for us.....Mills started OK, but faded and is a whinger. Buzz was well below his best. Moult vanished for long periods. Reevesy needs a break.. Duncan tried hard, but not his day.

But the big question for me has to be why Lee persists with Danny Hall instead of Scott Leather, who was in great form until he was omitted.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »

This is in some senses a basic point, but our problem in the last three games has been that we aren't scoring enough goals, only 2 in out last 3 games.

Our defence has been as poor as it's been all season, it's the lack of goals that have made the difference.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

JDN

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »

Bit unfair to write Mills off just yet. I know it's what we do but he wasnt the worst. Could be a good foil for Reeves but you can't expect them to click after one session.
Garbage, he was poor and seemed more interested in having a go at the referee and his own team mates

He and Reeves will never be a partnership, and why the hell was Watmore out on the left where we all know (including Colwyn) he can't play

Total disgrace by the management today. This can not be allowed to continue

markecky

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »

Garbage, he was poor and seemed more interested in having a go at the referee and his own team mates

He and Reeves will never be a partnership, and why the hell was Watmore out on the left where we all know (including Colwyn) he can't play

Total disgrace by the management today. This can not be allowed to continue

Garbage, how can my opinion on something I have seen be garbage?

If its alright with you I'll form my own opinions.

Are you the only one who thinks they know anything about the game?

brian1925

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »

Can't stand Sinclair - horrid little man gesturing at fans including kids seriously lacked class. Having said that, i can't remember seeing such a well organised and motivated side at Moss Lane for a while, so the guy is doing something right. There number 2 was brilliant. But that's enough about them.
A number of our key players have lost form at the same time unfortunately - Moult and Denrmore being the worst offenders. Danny Hall needs a break, we need a creative midfielder not another forward and Duncan needs someone to put an arm round him and
tell him that he doesn't need to try and dribble round every player. Early doors yet with Mills, but i'd rather Lee had gone for a Craney type player. That's all really. It's hard to imagine that we played Harrogate off the.park recently and it looks like they may pip us for 5th. Got to remain hopeful though.

JDN

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »

Yes I think your opinion is garbage

I have listened to enough of this happy clapping sh*t

Wake up and see what's going on

No matter how you dress it up it isn't good enough

Shame to say, but the best thing that happened today was that the team got well and truely booed off - a message needs to be sent
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colwyn Bay Match Thread