Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?  (Read 8011 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »

Darren- Before i give my constructive critiscism you guys do an amazing job.

1. We needed more bar passes last night- considering we were expecting a huge crowd we were un prepard and lost money.
2. The issue with the turnstiles was not the amount open it was that there should have only been one concession/ Child one not just one adult one at each point which caused more queues.
3. The snack bar is far to slow which is a shame and has stopped me going there ( my life is too short) Not your fault Darren

Considering the pressure your guys were under last night they did a stunning job :D
ParkINson's red and white army

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 09:13:48 PM »

Wayne

There were two Adult only turnstiles at the opposite end of the Golf Road to the Catering facility in an attempt to speed up transit of spectators.

It was suggested during the run up to the match that access to the bar be from the inside only pre match. However, as Darren has said in an attempt to maximise potential income it was decided to allow access from the outside as well. In all honesty we could do with a bigger bar and more staff  too or at least more than one access point from within the ground or more than one bar maybe but these are all wishful thinking.

Speaking personally I think that the Catering facility at the Golf Road end is very badly designed in terms of size, access and congestion so I'll agree with you on that one

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 10:16:22 PM »

Now the dust has settled on one the club's most dramatic night's in it's long cup-fighting history I am glad we have landed on the one issue that matters most. The window on the new snack bar is too small!

Surely, as well as a bricklayer, a part-time club of the repute of Altrincham FC must have a window fitter, a plasterer and a painter and decorator who can make good this shocking lapse. And a little table at the side for the tomato sauce might help.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 10:21:43 PM »

on a different note to the stewerds, for big games in the bar why dont we just serve bottle lager instead of pints, alot quicker to serve an the club will probly make more money,im not saying just serve lager n not bitter n cider, for the time to pull 2 pints you could of handed five people 2 bottles of larger???

For people who like a decent pint that is a scandalous suggestion. I'd install a real ale or two like Grays and Woking. Bernard when bar manager was always on top of the pints at half time.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 10:32:33 PM »

I am a Building Control Surveyor and also have involvement with safety at sports grounds within my JD. I live miles away in Surrey but can happily give advice/guidance on these issues.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2008, 10:41:32 PM »

Just an addition to this thread and this is by no means a form of critisism, as ballers said, everyone who worked last night did very well.

In the exceptional circumstances such as last nights game and the occaisional big league game would it not be wise to not allow people who havnt paid to get in, into the bar before the game, or even vice versa - only let people from outside the ground in and once paid inside the ground you wouldnt be able to get a pre match drink.

The reason i say this is that it looked last night like there was a problem with the number of bar tickets due to the high demand (this wasnt the stewards fault to be fair). If there was only one access point then there wouldnt be a need to hand out bar passes and it would cut any mither out.

Not totally sure ive got what i was trying to say over that well but i know what i mean.  :) Just a thought anyway.

It was suggested but the club were trying to make as much money as possable and usually its your away fans on a midweek game that use the bar early i:e before 7pm

If that was the case Beez I think it would lead to a larger queue at the turnstiles as people would have to all come out of the bar 15mins b4 kick off and pay to get in. I think we do the small bar in the NWS as well as we realistically can, i.e. if it wasn't for halftime orders we'd have no chance, but a 3rd presence to complement Jenny and Helen has ben long overdue. On occasions in the past I know Hughesy, myself and one of the blokes on the mausoleum who I see all the time but don't actually know his name have stepped in but there must be loads of students/bar workers in the area who would do the occasional Saturday.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »

And a little table at the side for the tomato sauce might help.

Yeh, if we're going into greater detail, a table for sundries including forks and serviettes is necessary. At the mooment Dawn takes the order, relays to person behind who passes her the food, she takes your money and then take sthe time to give you the fork and the serviette. All the while, even when 3 people are in there the next person can't help.

Devil's in the detail I'm afraid.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2008, 10:46:35 PM »

I think the floodlights going out for twenty minutes followed by a distinct lack of pies in the catering lodge is something that should be investigated.

dawno

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

We Would have had more hot food. But the advice of the club was Not to turn the chip fryers and pie warmer back on. Only the water,fridge and frezzer.

RocketDan

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2008, 11:27:54 AM »

if we are getting into details, perhaps the club shop should stock chocolate bars and cans etc and just sell hot food from the snack bar.

Narcissist

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2008, 12:00:56 PM »

We Would have had more hot food. But the advice of the club was Not to turn the chip fryers and pie warmer back on. Only the water,fridge and frezzer.

No wonder there were no pies left if that fiend frezzer thorley was turned on in there. I bet he was passing out with balti sweats. He's a big teaser you know, watch your chins.

Jezza

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2008, 01:07:51 PM »

The ground is clearly geared up to comfortably cope with our usual gates of 1000-1500.

When the gate nearly doubles I think the club and all the volunteers cope admirably while lessons are learnt and suggestions always offered as to how to improve for next time.

I'm sure Manchester utd could do a lot better coping with the queues to get in and out.

I think the club needs to look at an away portakabin bar in the 20/20 end....could maybe double as a merchandise shop/snack bar.
Other good ideas suggested include the bottled beer sales and the club shop selling cans and chocolates and crisps (iobviously the snack bar can also sell these) but if you just want a can it may be quicker in the club shop and you could peruse the merchandise while buying your coke.

I think everyone expects queues when somewhere is busier than normal?

Narcissist

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2008, 01:21:24 PM »

Is there really an issue here or is it just that the more people you have in the ground the harder it is to please them all?

If we want bigger crowds we have to accept the consequences, if we start getting 2300 every week then some people will have to consider not trying to get in the ground 5 mins before kick off. Eventually we'll have more money to upgrade facilities to match the crowds etc and that will be that.

We'll get a massive crowd on new years day, and all the fans should be bothered about is getting in and giving the team the support they need. Any moaning about the bar and snack facilities is just pathetic. Try to remember the people that bring it together do it for free, we dont see them moaning.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2008, 02:24:33 PM »

Am I alone in not enjoying the big games where we have big crowds as much as your everyday standard league match, always seems  not quite live up to the hype and I worry about non alty fans causing bother.  I'm not saying bring back the unibond biut we have a set up that accomodates about 2000 really well above that we are overstretched
Bernard Taylors barmy army

fuertes

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2008, 02:46:39 PM »

Am I alone in not enjoying the big games where we have big crowds as much as your everyday standard league match, always seems  not quite live up to the hype and I worry about non alty fans causing bother.  I'm not saying bring back the unibond biut we have a set up that accomodates about 2000 really well above that we are overstretched

I don't know about everyone else, but personally I think 3,000 in for a game under floodlights is brilliant. 900 to watch Histon punt for an hour and a half isn't my idea of fun. Plus, if we improve and grow as a club we can develop an infrastructure to deal with bigger crowds. I don't want to fear success because matchdays require more preparation and planning.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?