Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?  (Read 8020 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 19, 2008, 07:25:33 PM »

In another thread on here it was suggested Altrincham  would not be able to handle a bigger crowd.

Now here's the question Why?

Not enough turnstiles 12 out of 13 were open last night and that became 13 to get every one for the delayed k.o. The turnstile operaters did a excellent job ensuring every one was in before kick off.
Not enough stewards i managed to have 22 on duty last night who all did an excellent job in difficult circumstances they even stayed to you lot were on your way home. Didn't cost the club a penny compare that to what i was told last night that just to open there ground Luton had to have 103 stewards on duty.

Please let us have your views so we can try and put things right.
@AltyDaz

markecky

Re: Altrincham wouldn.t be able to handle a big crowd?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »

I think the point was not personnel Darren, more where they would stand.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:33:36 PM »

Stewards did a good job as they always do, at just gone 8pm it looked like there were hundreds at each turnstyle but once they opened it flowed pretty quickly. Think what was suggested was the bar and snack bar couldn’t handle that sort of crowd which is true unless you think its acceptable for people to be waiting 15+ mins  ??? No ones having a go at any of the steward or volunteers who do an excellent job! Just pointing out a few problems with bigger crowds which could lead to future solutions.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 07:34:19 PM »

I think the point was not personnel Darren, more where they would stand.

Not having a dig here just want to know what or if we can do better for the future games. I think it looked more because most people stayed in the golf road and mauserleam area when we attacked the 20/20 there was plenty of room where the fans normally move round too.

@AltyDaz

alty28

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 07:37:53 PM »

on a different note to the stewerds, for big games in the bar why dont we just serve bottle lager instead of pints, alot quicker to serve an the club will probly make more money,im not saying just serve lager n not bitter n cider, for the time to pull 2 pints you could of handed five people 2 bottles of larger???

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 07:41:11 PM »

Good idea that i have heard mentioned a few times, maybe set a corner up for bottles only at £2.50 each you could get them out very quickly.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 07:44:16 PM »

on a different note to the stewerds, for big games in the bar why dont we just serve bottle lager instead of pints, alot quicker to serve an the club will probly make more money,im not saying just serve lager n not bitter n cider, for the time to pull 2 pints you could of handed five people 2 bottles of larger???

Err we don't run the bar i will let you suggest that to the excellnt Jenny Heslop and her staff
@AltyDaz

alty28

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 07:45:48 PM »

you could use the corner to the left of the bar, 3 quid a bottle n have an offer of buy 2 for a fiver, if the club bought a big amount of bottled larger bet they could get bottles for 1.00 each ;)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 07:46:40 PM »

Well, it was me who sort of raised the initial point Darren and I was thinking of 2 things in particular.

But first of all I thought those involved who worked for the club yesterday did really well, it was obviously difficult. I saw Ian Cox for example manning the door at half time and wouldn't have doing his job. And the whole floodlight failure was taken in everyone's stride.

It just looks like a couple of things are problematic. One is these stupid gantries which are put up on the popular side thereby denying about 2 quarters od that stand unviewable as well as making segregation issues somewaht daft. i.e. If we were to play a bigger club we'd have to give them part of the pop side and more or less use the middle third as a sterile area, not ideal.

The snack bars - I'm sorry but these aren't quick enough, the serving facilities are too small, in effect only one person can order at a time, leading to huge queues. These queues then tail round immediately in front of where last night approxiamately 800 people were trying to get in late (and the emergency exits). Is there a case on occasions like this to let a burger fan pay to us to set up perhaps at the other end of the golf road? I can't believe that even if their had been one we wouldn't have sold all our food

I don't think it ideal having all the crowd having to congregate in that area for food toilets etc.

The Noel White Suite - again problematic. Obviously Jenny and Helen worked their socks off after being there during the day but 2 bar staff is  not quick enough. It leads to a large crush in the bar and creates problems for people getting in (note- at half time perhaps open both doors?). Obviously last night was exceptional but it is often the case that we have the same problem at home games.

Whilst clearly the ideal solution would be a keen volunteer is there again not the case for advertising for bar staff for these games or ones where we expect slightly bigger crowds like Oxford? I can't believe that an extra bar hand paid about £40 for 5 hours work wouldn't have been able to make that back up in beer sales.

I think my point s that last night we had an extra 1000 or so people on top of our normal attendance and we made about as much money if there was only 1200 there. I would expect that for a number of them, their experience last night would've been a case of couldn't get in the bar, no chance of getting served and couldn't get owt to eat.

Also logistically, I'm not quite sure why we segregate fans and then let away supporters coaches drop of on the Golf Rd/Threshers bus stop (I know WE don't but you know what I mean).

I'm sure that if we were to draw say Stockport at home say, we'd hire lots and lots more of this stuff and again, it's no reflection on the people who worked last night who did superbly well but I think that we're mising out on income, making life a bit uncomfortable and at times dangerous.

Would you say that's fair?

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »

Thanks Ballers i say thats fare and will take your views on board. We have no say in where away coaches drop off there fans (Unless on police instructions) to be fare most clubs we play in the league know how are ground is set up.
@AltyDaz

Alex

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »

just a side note while were at it, can we please take the fences on the popular side down? we have played wrexham at home now and as has been stated the sh*tanta gantries (which i know have to be there) prevent people filling up right down to the end of the stand and there is somwhat of a crush for space when attacking the 20/20 end (more so on bigger games - oxford was really bad for this). just a thought....

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 08:29:31 PM »

just a side note while were at it, can we please take the fences on the popular side down? we have played wrexham at home now and as has been stated the sh*tanta gantries (which i know have to be there) prevent people filling up right down to the end of the stand and there is somwhat of a crush for space when attacking the 20/20 end (more so on bigger games - oxford was really bad for this). just a thought....
I will ask the club can't see irt being a problem may have to leave one up near the 20/20 in case of adverse weather to give away fans cover (Only if we like them  ;D)
@AltyDaz

Beez

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »

Just an addition to this thread and this is by no means a form of critisism, as ballers said, everyone who worked last night did very well.

In the exceptional circumstances such as last nights game and the occaisional big league game would it not be wise to not allow people who havnt paid to get in, into the bar before the game, or even vice versa - only let people from outside the ground in and once paid inside the ground you wouldnt be able to get a pre match drink.

The reason i say this is that it looked last night like there was a problem with the number of bar tickets due to the high demand (this wasnt the stewards fault to be fair). If there was only one access point then there wouldnt be a need to hand out bar passes and it would cut any mither out.

Not totally sure ive got what i was trying to say over that well but i know what i mean.  :) Just a thought anyway.

Alex

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 08:50:13 PM »

I will ask the club can't see irt being a problem may have to leave one up near the 20/20 in case of adverse weather to give away fans cover (Only if we like them  ;D)

thats the one causing the problems, and in truth we have managed for years without it (even letting the kidderminster fans into the golf road last year  :o)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »

Just an addition to this thread and this is by no means a form of critisism, as ballers said, everyone who worked last night did very well.

In the exceptional circumstances such as last nights game and the occaisional big league game would it not be wise to not allow people who havnt paid to get in, into the bar before the game, or even vice versa - only let people from outside the ground in and once paid inside the ground you wouldnt be able to get a pre match drink.

The reason i say this is that it looked last night like there was a problem with the number of bar tickets due to the high demand (this wasnt the stewards fault to be fair). If there was only one access point then there wouldnt be a need to hand out bar passes and it would cut any mither out.

Not totally sure ive got what i was trying to say over that well but i know what i mean.  :) Just a thought anyway.

It was suggested but the club were trying to make as much money as possable and usually its your away fans on a midweek game that use the bar early i:e before 7pm
@AltyDaz
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team