PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The Facts and some Questions
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Facts and some Questions  (Read 5282 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: November 19, 2008, 05:26:25 PM »

FACTS :

There were 2,397  in the ground before the lights went out. The other 1,000 came in after (but we're not declaring them)

Someone was stood stood on my spot in the Golf Road End and I had to watch the game 3 yards from where I'm used to.

The performance didn't lack passion and the players didn't bottle it. We just need a creative mid-fielder who can put the quality ball through.

We're shocking at dead ball situations from throwins to corners.

In the 3.5 hours of open play  I've never seen so few shots on or off target.

Luton's  right back (the No 2) was the best player in both games. He won't be playing non-league next year.

Chris Vessay is a liar, he said we would win on pens. He should be run out of town on Saturday.

QUESTIONS

What was wrong with Little?

Why on earth did Senior get subbed?

Why did Danylyk or Elam not take a pen?

Full time and proud of it

Nonleaguer

Re: The Facts and some Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »

I believe that Danylyk was the 5th penalty taker but was not required as the result was already over at that stage. i.e. 4-2 to Luton with the 5th Alty penalty not required.

Alex

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »

i think he ment during the original 90 minuets (ie instead of payton)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:45:38 PM »

i think he ment during the original 90 minuets (ie instead of payton)

Both
Full time and proud of it

Alex

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »

in the shoot out it's who ever volunteers (i assume Elam didn't as he had his jumper back on at the end of play - not a knock at him as i know it takes bottle to step up and take a pen)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »

I believe (and please don't quote me on this) that Warren Peyton was the only player who volunteered to take the Penalty in normal time

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »

I believe (and please don't quote me on this ;)) that Warren Peyton was the only player who volunteered to take the Penalty in normal time

if this was the case (and to be fair I don't remember anyone attempting to take the ball off Warren);

Could it be that this is what GH is referring to when he says "lacked passion"? He would probably expect there to have been a number of players stepping forward (not just Warren) to take the penalty.
Just a thought. Instead of slagging Warren off (as seen in another post) he should be recognised for this and his efforts last night.

Anyway, proud of the all the lads and hope they can take the positives into Saturdays game where I look forward to another big crowd.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 10:03:00 PM by Loggerheads Robin »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »

I believe (and please don't quote me on this ;)) that Warren Peyton was the only player who volunteered to take the Penalty in normal time

if this was the case (and to be fair I don't remember anyone attempting to take the ball off Warren);

It looked, and obviously I don't know but it looked, like there was a slight delay in the penalty as Robbie Lawton tried to argue with Peyton to get the ball off him (I believe Lawton was pen taker at Vauxhall). I remember bemoaning at the time that such an interruption was only going to affect Peyton badly.

Again, I was surprised that he missed given his dead ball record.

Don't worry Warren, it's not like anybody will hold this against you for as long as you live or owt like that......

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 10:43:16 PM »

as for the takers at the end, i felt that the altrincham players were definitely up for it judging by the body language. at the end of both days, and and after a game of five halves it was ended in the fairest way possible, even if not in the way we might have liked.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 10:47:46 PM »

I don't think I could have managed another replay!

I worked out that(after being stood up teaching all day) I was stood outside the Brickies with the lads from 5pm, apart from 10 minutes b4 the game in the bar and 10 mins at half time I was actually stood/walking for near on 6 hours continuously to go with the previous 6 of the day. My legs were wrecked this morning.  :P

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 11:46:47 PM »

It looked, and obviously I don't know but it looked, like there was a slight delay in the penalty as Robbie Lawton tried to argue with Peyton to get the ball off him (I believe Lawton was pen taker at Vauxhall). I remember bemoaning at the time that such an interruption was only going to affect Peyton badly.

Don't worry Warren, it's not like anybody will hold this against you for as long as you live or owt like that......

Ballers,

Why were you surprised?

Peyton had spent the previous 67 minutes giving the ball away to Luton players, so wasn't it merely inevitable that he would remain consistent and simply pass the ball to the Luton keeper from the penalty spot?

Yes, I know that he can run all day but his distribution is just woeful.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RocketDan

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »

i was suprised Heathcote hasn't got a routine set piece planned for the penalty.
maybe a cheeky switch of the ball flicking it up and to the far post for a great diving header by robbie lawton.

or

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gi98iEziKQ
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 11:55:32 PM by RocketDan »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 01:11:43 AM »

Ballers,

Why were you surprised?

Peyton had spent the previous 67 minutes giving the ball away to Luton players, so wasn't it merely inevitable that he would remain consistent and simply pass the ball to the Luton keeper from the penalty spot?

Yes, I know that he can run all day but his distribution is just woeful.

His distribution was at the same level it always is, this doesn't detract from his dead ball shhoting (not crossing).

However, as nail hitting seems to be tonihgt/this mornings Cult speciality I must admit that the thought that flashed through my head as he grabbe d the ball was of Frank Lampard in the 2006 WC quarter final. He'd had an awful game but wanted to take the vital penalty (Great pen taker by the way) to show he had bottle. Well in fairness, I don't think it's a cosmetic thing as he and Warren both have a great deal of heart.

And we all know what happened.....

Although interestingly having been 1st choice penaltytaker in the 68th minute Warren had dropped to at least 6th by the 120th minute.

andrewflynn

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 08:35:47 PM »

Luton's  right back (the No 2) was the best player in both games. He won't be playing non-league next year.

Completely agree, he was ace. Do you know his name?

Altyant

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2008, 09:44:34 PM »

Completely agree, he was ace. Do you know his name?

Claude Gnapka???
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team