PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bradford Park Avenue Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Bradford Park Avenue Match Thread  (Read 11237 times)

markecky

Re: Bradford Park Avenue Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »

would like to congratulate the team on another good result and Reeves on 2 more goals....but what happend in the second half???? it was dreadful! I have no idea what happend but it was dreadful. if bpa were any better up front we wouldve of lost today. but we won so cant complain too much :) good bit of confidence for next week aswell!!!

What happened in the second half was that a team very similar in standard to us had to go for it and two nil down and did so. Expected and dealt with.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 09:09:38 PM »

would like to congratulate the team on another good result and Reeves on 2 more goals....but what happend in the second half???? it was dreadful! I have no idea what happend but it was dreadful. if bpa were any better up front we wouldve of lost today. but we won so cant complain too much :) good bit of confidence for next week aswell!!!

Pop on the tram to Old Trafford if you can't cope seeing a team wanthing to get back in the game  ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:11:52 PM by Knutsford Alty »

York Alty

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »

Just got back from the game.

First half was ok, we had the ball and showed some invention with it.  2 - 0 was a bit flattering in a way but oddly I think we should have been three up.  BPA were a decent side, at no point n the first half did I feel comfortable about the win.  They didn't look too sharp up front but they passed the ball well, kept it well and were not afraid to be physical.

Second half was rubbish. Why we backed off and backed off beats me.  We couldn't keep the ball, some Unibond quality clearances right down their throats so the ball was just coming back at us. Need to do learn how to control a game.

We didn't win the first ball, not much better on the bits and bobs.  When they scored nobody was surprised, and from where I was on the Chequers End I could see the defence was not properly set-up.  We defended very poorly throughout the second 45 minutes.  We bagged the third simply because of the space they left us by pushing forward. 

Their keeper was a wally for pushing the Alty fan, absolute fool.  He'd not do that at Chester...

As for the ref, he was inconsistent but we've seen a damn sight worse than him.  I didn't hear too many complaints first half, certainly no more than any ref gets.  Nice assistant on the pop side too!

BUT, three points is three points - 4 games unbeaten now.  Take this up to Shildon and be professional.

Finally, the pitch.  It looks magnificent, an absolute credit to all the ground staff ~ well done.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:07 PM »

I don't think we were rubbish in the second half.  Bradford had to come back at us and were good enough to be a threat. We still had chances to kill them off which we ultimately did. 

joe

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »

I thought Bradford pushed us all the way today, and it's all very well T**tting the histons 5-0, today was a real battle and we did the job superbly, and a gate of 806 with united and county at home and city only at stoke and on tv all over the town was brilliant.Keep up the good work

What matches were on TV live all over the town at 3pm?

Over 50% of pubs in Trafford show live City/United games whether they're on sky or not on foreign channels.

York Alty

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »

If you'd come in at half time and didn't know who was at home with a 2 - 0 lead you'd have said BPA were at home.

I meant add that the BPA kit was great.  Loved it.  Can we have a design like that pleeease...

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2012, 09:33:08 PM »

Why was it (and is it consistently) that we were poor - second half today for example and Brackley game for another.

BPA in the second half were unrecognisable from the team who we were leading after 45 minutes.

Sadly teams are allowed to play well against us

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 09:35:50 PM »

Why was it (and is it consistently) that we were poor - second half today for example and Brackley game for another.

BPA in the second half were unrecognisable from the team who we were leading after 45 minutes.

They were two nil down as pointed out before and had a go in getting back into the game.

markecky

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 09:36:31 PM »

I meant to put in my post some credit to the BPA fans.

It was good to play against a team that brought a few (in relative terms), wore kits, sang a bit and generally looked arsed about the outcome.

The 70/80 they had was a great turnout.

York Alty

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 09:37:41 PM »

It was good to play against a team that brought a few (in relative terms), wore kits, sang a bit and generally looked arsed about the outcome.

seconded.

York Alty

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »

They were two nil down as pointed out before and had a go in getting back into the game.

True.  So at half time we knew there would be a reaction from BPA.  That does not explain why we let them have the initiative, why we repeatedly cleared the ball down their throats. 

I'm going to concentrate on the positives from the game tonight though.  There were enough positives to enjoy.  It was great being at Moss Lane, great to see us bag three, and bloody marvelous to get three points.  COME ON ALTY!

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 09:44:13 PM »

Bradford has a population of 300,000

Geoffrey Richmond ruined Bradford City, on the other hand always had a soft spot for Park Avenue.  Hope they make it back into league one day

taxi Phil

« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 10:25:47 PM »

Whilst I agree with those posters who point out that Bradford were forced to move forward, from my unusual spot on the Chequers End I wondered why Jake Moult seldom crossed the half way line in the second period.

Bury Alty was standing with me, and we wondered whether it was a tactical ploy from Lee - if so, I'm not in a rush to see a repeat.

Hugo

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 11:00:24 PM »

I thought they were a good side in the first half but didn't manage to create decent chances from their moves. We on the other hand had a lot of creativity in the front four and so crafted a couple of goals and in fairness could have been three maybe four. Second half they were always going to come out giving it a real go. Their goal was a well worked free kick and then we were under pressure.  Ok we werent the most composed after that but the pressure really was on. Then the beauty of having such a talent up front paid dividends and game set match the reds.

thegazelle

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2012, 11:31:53 PM »

ok a rare occassion iam able to give a considered opinion having actually watched a few games.
i walked out after the brackley debacle and honestly i have never  felt so down in my 38 years of watching Alty. i felt we were outplayed by a better team but what got to me was i felt like the players didnt really care. I even said to a mate that night a little part of me had died that day and i was becoming ambivalent about even watching alty any more.
So i dragged myself screaming and kicking to the Histon game . they were crap and we should have had 10 , i enjoyed it and enthusiasm was reignited .
Today i was very pleased to see us battle hard against a much better team ( better than histon not us) alot of commitment and at times in the first half some very good football. second half we switched off but we did keep ourselves in the game and a good finish from the new graham bennett closed the game up. really enjoyed the match, passion fully restored , scoreline flattered us but i feel there are some good times to come.

if i am here (and  wont know till monday) and there is a space on the booze bus i am sorely tempted should i be invited.......... we'll beat them geordies at pool even if we do lose at football
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bradford Park Avenue Match Thread