PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Wrexham Match Thread  (Read 10718 times)

altyusa

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2021, 10:23:16 AM »

I’d be happy if we could get to 15-20 minutes without conceding 😕🤷🏼‍♂️

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »

depends on which formation phil goes for today,just show we are not scared of them and get stuck in and get the result.
I'm scared of them  :-[
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2021, 10:53:02 AM »

I know Wrexham  are a totally different problem to Weymouth but the way the lads played against Weymouth was one of the best games I have seen Alty play this season. .. I would rather see us play like they did at Weymouth playing good attacking football rather than seeing us inviting teams like Wrexham on to us and getting  turned over,

Difficult fixtures v Stockport & Wrexham, if we are going to lose let us at least go down showing some passion..

Once we get these holiday games over against two of the better teams in this league, hopefully we can get back on track and start picking up some points again.

Would love to see us snatch a point today but fear the worst..

Alty 1 - 2 Wrexham

Att 3999.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 12:06:15 PM by distancetraveller »

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2021, 11:09:47 AM »

depends on which formation phil goes for today,just show we are not scared of them and get stuck in and get the result.
I'm scared of them  :-[

Thank goodness you're not in the team then! 🙄 😎😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2021, 05:43:28 PM »

Not a happy clapper either but I thought that was encouraging.

Couldn't fault any of the lads today. Tony T made some decent saves (especially in first half, didn't have a great deal to do as the game wore on). Kennedy D & Fitzpatrick were fine. Midfield did well and Furman also contributed well going forward after he came on. Hope Marriot is OK. Good to see Mooney back and lively. Coco got better as game wore on and looked to be getting his mojo back.

We won't be playing against bankrolled sides that much longer, keep playing like that and we'll be picking up points again. Deffo agree we need someone to stick any chances away though.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 05:46:41 PM by jhcorbett »

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2021, 05:52:07 PM »

Much better, still need a striker and to start taking the chances we create. If not we'll be in trouble.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2021, 08:12:52 PM »

The Ref yet again did his best to ruin that game, The Linesman on the Pop side was inept at best.

OK Wrexham took their foot off the Gas in the second half, but the way some of their lads go down as if a fkn sniper had taken them out,

As others have said elsewhere, we desperately need a Striker in the mould of Jordon H., Hancock is half the player he was when Jordon was about.

I too am of the belief that we can start getting back to winning ways (after next Monday).

Good to see all parts of the ground back in use, (does anyone know what the new official max attendance is nowadays)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2021, 09:26:35 PM »

An improvement on the previous game for sure, even though Wrexham weren’t a patch on Stockport. Thought we understandably started tentatively and there were too many long balls played but by the second half we looked more and more like a Phil Parkinson team there were some encouraging moments. Mooney gives us that direct attacking threat that we have been missing and hopefully he stays fit now for an extended period. We still desperately need a striker

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2021, 09:27:27 PM »

The Ref yet again did his best to ruin that game, The Linesman on the Pop side was inept at best.

OK Wrexham took their foot off the Gas in the second half, but the way some of their lads go down as if a fkn sniper had taken them out,

As others have said elsewhere, we desperately need a Striker in the mould of Jordon H., Hancock is half the player he was when Jordon was about.

I too am of the belief that we can start getting back to winning ways (after next Monday).

Good to see all parts of the ground back in use, (does anyone know what the new official max attendance is nowadays)

4k during covid restrictions 5k+ till summer with pop side work needed.
It's all my fault.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2021, 10:11:34 PM »

4k during covid restrictions 5k+ till summer with pop side work needed.

Cheers Jack..

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2021, 12:29:09 PM »

There were positives to take from the first half. Fitz, Porter and Thompson were miles better than on boxing day. Second half we really could have had them, they were nothing special considering the amount of money being thrown about. Their players constantly going down was so fkn boring, I'd hate to watch that every week. What happened with the tickets/capacity? We were told it would be 3900 so I assumed there would be plenty of tickets on the day, much to my surprise the club told it was sold out when I rung up, had to get a ticket directly through Bill. Surely this is unnecessarily turning supporters away?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2021, 12:40:59 PM »

There were positives to take from the first half. Fitz, Porter and Thompson were miles better than on boxing day. Second half we really could have had them, they were nothing special considering the amount of money being thrown about.

I thought Digie had his best game so far.
The right wing was underused until Mooney came on. Senior was often stood in loads of space but went unnoticed.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2021, 01:21:35 PM »

There were positives to take from the first half. Fitz, Porter and Thompson were miles better than on boxing day. Second half we really could have had them, they were nothing special considering the amount of money being thrown about.

I thought Digie had his best game so far.
The right wing was underused until Mooney came on. Senior was often stood in loads of space but went unnoticed.

Digie is not a bad signing but he shouldn't be used as a 3rd CB starting, either he fights his way in to the side like. MALLARKY did after Jones left or he earns it by being brought on as a 3rd CB to shut up shop.
It's all my fault.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2021, 01:28:44 PM »

I agree that Wrexham were nothing special, but tbh they really didn't need to be. I liked the fact their wide players could deliver inch-perfect crosses into our box, but there wasn't really a great deal else which stood out. Also, their gamesmanship was excessive and unnecessary. They won't go up, as I've seen plenty of teams better than them.

As for us, I'm not even convinced that the defence is the problem. As a Stockport fan pointed out, our midfield is pretty much non existent. Time and time again in the first half, they cut through Moult and Porter as if they weren't there. We really miss the energy of players like Pringle and Kirby.

If I were Parky, I'd be looking for another Ali Smith character (not easy I know, but he's done it before). A number 9 is obviously a no brainer.

We can stay up as I believe there are 7 other teams worse than us. I believe in the management, but there will need to be some personnel changes after the Stockport game.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »

I agree that Wrexham were nothing special, but tbh they really didn't need to be. I liked the fact their wide players could deliver inch-perfect crosses into our box, but there wasn't really a great deal else which stood out. Also, their gamesmanship was excessive and unnecessary. They won't go up, as I've seen plenty of teams better than them.

As for us, I'm not even convinced that the defence is the problem. As a Stockport fan pointed out, our midfield is pretty much non existent. Time and time again in the first half, they cut through Moult and Porter as if they weren't there. We really miss the energy of players like Pringle and Kirby.

If I were Parky, I'd be looking for another Ali Smith character (not easy I know, but he's done it before). A number 9 is obviously a no brainer.

We can stay up as I believe there are 7 other teams worse than us. I believe in the management, but there will need to be some personnel changes after the Stockport game.

Kirby was a big blow but Furman, Pringle and Whitehead all should. Start above. Porter.
It's all my fault.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham Match Thread