News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics exodus continues...

Author Topic: Vics exodus continues...  (Read 2423 times)

Nonleaguer

Vics exodus continues...
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »

Mat Bailey & John  D'Lareya (sorry for spelling) have both signed contracts for Eastwood Town FC (Undisclosed fees in both cases). Eastwood are backed by Notts entrepreneur Rob Yong who's businesses include the Dawn til Dusk Poker Rooms. They are hoping to press for promotion to BSP as they have also captured highly rated winger Sam Duncum from local rivals Ilkeston Town.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics exodus continues...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:07:34 PM »

Eastwood are backed by Notts entrepreneur Rob Yong who's businesses include the Dawn til Dusk Poker Rooms. They are hoping to press for promotion to BSP as they have also captured highly rated winger Sam Duncum from local rivals Ilkeston Town.

Farsley Celtic.
Come on Alty!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »

Eastwood, Fleetwood, Gateshead, they can't all make it (or any of them at this rate)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jezza

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »

Fleetwood are at least drawing in surprisingly good crowds....however I doubt even the 2,000 mark is enough to pay for their current frivolous shopping spree and nobody should be surprised if it ends in tears.....their recent rise in interest has been too quick to generate a hardcore of loyalty....one dip in form, gates drop, a rise in betting tax and all of a sudden the inevitable "town isn't interested, we need gates of 4,000 cannot afford to fund this level of football myself"...............could be another Grays or indeed another Farsley or Canvey island the list is endless.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 09:37:14 PM »

Fleetwood are at least drawing in surprisingly good crowds....however I doubt even the 2,000 mark is enough to pay for their current frivolous shopping spree and nobody should be surprised if it ends in tears.....their recent rise in interest has been too quick to generate a hardcore of loyalty....one dip in form, gates drop, a rise in betting tax and all of a sudden the inevitable "town isn't interested, we need gates of 4,000 cannot afford to fund this level of football myself"...............could be another Grays or indeed another Farsley or Canvey island the list is endless.

They're being bankrolled atm, so until he throws the towel in they'll keep going. And having just invested £4m in another new stand i doubt it will be anytime soon.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 09:38:06 PM »

They're being bankrolled atm, so until he throws the towel in they'll keep going. And having just invested £4m in another new stand i doubt it will be anytime soon.
only took leigh genesis one season
Bernard Taylors barmy army

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 09:41:44 PM »

only took leigh genesis one season

I think he's been there 5 years or so already, so until the 'dream' is realised I think he'll stick aound

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 11:03:22 PM »

And we have signed Ryan Brown for the rest of the season! Welcome Ryan, what position does he play.

Jezza

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 07:53:19 AM »

You never know with these meglomaniacs and it their love of their new club always seems to falter when they get to the BSP and come up against other silly spending clubs and the fun suddenly goes out of it............or anytime when the meglomaniacs own business suddenly hits a glitch which is when you suddenly become aware that the £4m for the stand has the word "directors loan" against it on the balance sheet.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »

And we have signed Ryan Brown for the rest of the season! Welcome Ryan, what position does he play.

LEFT BACK
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics exodus continues...