PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Updates from the meeting
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Updates from the meeting  (Read 12602 times)

markecky

Re: Updates from the meeting
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 12:56:21 PM »

I don't think Gary made it...signal failure at Birmingham New Street

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »

Goeff Goodwin annouced that anyone who is a Alty season ticket holder next season can use his 285/286 Hale barns circular bus service free of charge on match days to and from the ground.
@AltyDaz

Cheshire Terrier

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 09:24:35 PM »

In reply to Uncle Globnasty, I partially agree with the GH defensive policy against the very good sides, near the top. They are full time and fitter than us, we have lost to quite a few late goals last season on fitness grounds, being tired or losing consentration.I thinks GH is trying to avoid the 4-0 and 5-0 drubbings of  a couple of seasons back. We do however have to attack against a bottom 6 side on either ground. 

altyf

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 09:39:32 PM »

In reply to Uncle Globnasty, I partially agree with the GH defensive policy against the very good sides, near the top. They are full time and fitter than us, we have lost to quite a few late goals last season on fitness grounds, being tired or losing consentration.I thinks GH is trying to avoid the 4-0 and 5-0 drubbings of  a couple of seasons back. We do however have to attack against a bottom 6 side on either ground. 

One of the points GH made was that he was not going to use the excuse of fitter opposition, because last season we competed with every single side we played and other than Crawley at home when we went down to 10 men early on, there weren't really any fitness issues, despite our part time status.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2008, 09:54:09 PM »

Sounds like a great meeting.

I have to say (and before my torrent of abuse begins i have never before singled out any player...)

Joe O Neill has to be the luckiest lad to ever wear an Alty shirt; in my 25 years of going to Moss lane in terms of the amount of chances given to him to prove he can make a difference.

And i dont dispute for one minute his commitment only his ability at this level.
ParkINson's red and white army

Cheshire Terrier

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »

Moss Lane Man

You do have the advantage over me of being at the meeting, with me living an 1hour and 15 minutes south of London, I stood no chance of being there for a mid week meeting. I am not sure that I agree with GH if that is what he said, a case in point was the away game at Salisbury which I was at we were 3-0 up, only needed to concentrate to keep them out in the last 15 minutes, but we were knackered by that time. GH to his credit did try to get someone on to tighten us up at the back, but both the 4th official and the ref  had a Specsavers moment and were to late responding to the substitution.

Alty365

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2008, 10:04:24 PM »

Sounds like a great meeting.

I have to say (and before my torrent of abuse begins i have never before singled out any player...)

Joe O Neill has to be the luckiest lad to ever wear an Alty shirt; in my 25 years of going to Moss lane in terms of the amount of chances given to him to prove he can make a difference.

And i dont dispute for one minute his commitment only his ability at this level.

No reason why you should be abused for that, I think you made your point in a very fair and balanced way.

markecky

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2008, 11:06:00 PM »

If anyone wants to know what else said at the meeting last night...every word is on the official site!

altyf

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2008, 11:34:50 PM »

Moss Lane Man

You do have the advantage over me of being at the meeting, with me living an 1hour and 15 minutes south of London, I stood no chance of being there for a mid week meeting. I am not sure that I agree with GH if that is what he said, a case in point was the away game at Salisbury which I was at we were 3-0 up, only needed to concentrate to keep them out in the last 15 minutes, but we were knackered by that time. GH to his credit did try to get someone on to tighten us up at the back, but both the 4th official and the ref  had a Specsavers moment and were to late responding to the substitution.

That's fair enough. I'm sure different fans will have different views on which matches were lost due to fitness. I personally think GH was right...other than Crawley, and as you say Salisbury, fitness was not as much of an issue as in previos seasons. But your point is perfectly valid.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »

I think that my favourite moment from the meeting came when GH was talking about (and rightly praising) the recent weekend of junior football matches/Fun Days that took place at Moss Lane:

GH: "I can't remember many Fun Days at this club."

Man in audience stood near bar: "Well, certainly not last season!"

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Hamilton

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2008, 06:29:44 PM »

I think that my favourite moment from the meeting came when GH was talking about (and rightly praising) the recent weekend of junior football matches/Fun Days that took place at Moss Lane:

Was it V of D?

VofD

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2008, 10:05:49 PM »

Was it V of D?
Unfortunately, it wasn't. Because of late shift at work I was unable to attend.

Hamilton

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2008, 11:37:25 PM »

Was it V of D?
Unfortunately, it wasn't. Because of late shift at work I was unable to attend.

Did GH get away lightly then?

Phil

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2008, 01:04:32 AM »

It was me who made the comment "well, certainly not last season!"

Sorry graham!

However, if this new guy is really going ot be a preist then we'd better make a no swearing on the terraces policy or god may strike us down.
Up the alty

Butty

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »

Do wee need God to get us down?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Updates from the meeting