News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics again...club given back to fans?

Author Topic: Vics again...club given back to fans?  (Read 4371 times)

Jezza

« on: December 14, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »

Wonder how 1874 feel about this?....are Brian Turner and Dave Thomas respected fans?......can the two clubs put past diffrences behind them and merge back into the proper original Northwich Vics?

According to NL Pitchero, "Northwich Victoria has been handed over to its supporters by long-serving chairman Martin Rushe and his family. Rushe issued the following statement on behalf of the family.
'Since 2007 it has been a great honour to be involved with the ownership of Northwich Victoria FC. During our tenure at this great football club, we have had some fantastic footballing highs in the league and FA Cup and some unfortunate lows but, at all times, we have strived to be the best we can. My family’s enthusiasm and efforts have been unstinting in driving this club forward. However in increasingly challenging times, we no longer have the resources to financially support the club.

'It is with great sadness that I must inform you that we can no longer carry the club forward in the direction we would wish. Therefore, we have decided that it must be handed over to the supporters, in the name of Northwich Victoria Supporters' Association, and under the capable supervision of Brian Turner and Dave Thomas, both life-long club supporters.

'We have been working tirelessly with our advisors in the last few months to ensure a smooth and solvent transition and hand over of ownership to the fans association, keeping this great club in existence. I am happy to announce that we have reached agreement with Brian and Dave who we feel are best placed to take the club forward. I know the new owners will do our family proud and continue the investment made by my father and the family these last nine years, I am satisfied that whilst we would have loved to have continued our ownership, the new Board and supporters' association will follow our dreams and achieve great success in the future.

'I would urge all Northwich Victoria Fans to get behind the new owners and come down to support the club in the remainder of the season. With your help and the new structure put in place I know the club will grow and have success in the future. Finally, a big thank you to all the supporters and players over the last nine years who have shared our dream, as a family, the club will always be in our hearts and strive to be the best, and maybe one day achieve League Status".

We all pi$$ in a green and white pot....amen....

York Alty is back

Re: Vics again...club given back to fans?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »

Club owned by fans. Gets my approval. Now then, where's my green and white pot? I'm busting for a slash.

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »

It should read as "we have taken every penny out of the club. We have sold your stadium and have lost your new stadium and are now homeless. We are unable to rip any more people off so we giving this worthless club back to the fans. Enjoy."
They really should be beating teams like us

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 02:08:04 PM »

All the best to them will be interesting to see what happens .

Ashley Alty

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 10:42:32 PM »

I don't see why 1874 should be affected?  They own their club, have a steady ground share until they find a home in Northwich and are solvent and doing well.

They left Vics years ago, why go back to that?

Jezza

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 03:19:03 PM »

I don't see why 1874 should be affected?  They own their club, have a steady ground share until they find a home in Northwich and are solvent and doing well.

Well to get one team in northwich for a start.....vics have a higher league status whch they could take...if it's fan owned why have two fans of northwich victoria owned clubs??????

I'd have done the same thing and started up 1896 alty but would jump at the chance to remerge back as one fan owned club if the chance came up......eliminates a friendly competitor who shouldn't be there surely??????

...or why not start another northwich vics 2016 and have 3 flipping clubs?

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 04:13:17 PM »

Well to get one team in northwich for a start.....vics have a higher league status whch they could take...if it's fan owned why have two fans of northwich victoria owned clubs??????

I'd have done the same thing and started up 1896 alty but would jump at the chance to remerge back as one fan owned club if the chance came up......eliminates a friendly competitor who shouldn't be there surely??????

They could call the new one Northwich Elizabeth to be consistent?  ;D

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 06:23:03 PM »

There's a lot more to it than that though. For a start, the supporters it has been handed over to were friendly with the Rushes and so there may be some lasting association there. Also, there are probably plenty of old debts and winding up orders just waiting to rear their heads. Add to that the problem of the horribly tarnished reputation of the original club...

There's now only one tier seperating the two clubs by the way, and 1874 aren't that far off a promotion spot. It's also possible that Vics could get relegated. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Vics didn't exist by this time next season.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ashley Alty

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 12:31:37 PM »

Agreed Gilroy #1 Fan.

There is the other one in Northwich, of course, Witton Albion.

I doubt there will be 3 Northwich clubs soon as it will be 1874 and Witton only.  Whether they merge in the future can't be predicted a.

However a decent ground back in Northwich itself is 1874's aim
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team