News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics appeal

Author Topic: Vics appeal  (Read 4112 times)

bumble

Vics appeal
« on: April 24, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/statement-northwich-victoria-and-woodley-sports-8815/

At the FA hearings held at Wembley today the decision of the panel was as follows:

In respect of Northwich Victoria FC, the panel ruled that the Club would not be allowed to participate in the promotion play-offs, however the Club would not be expelled from the Northern Premier League but relegated one step from the 2012/2013 Season.

In respect of the appeal by Woodley Sports FC, the panel upheld the decision of the Northern Premier League and the Club will be relegated to a step to be determined by the Football Association.

No further comment will be made by the Evo-Stik Northern Premier League at this time

Potentially a huge Albion / Vics derby next season?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 04:38:26 PM by Fatdog »

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Vics appeal
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »

Interesting...
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »

I think it's a great gesture by FCUM to refuse to take vics playoff place by default on a matter of principle.This highlights that they really were set up as a protest against bad owners that ruin clubs and alienate fans, and aren't about trying to fly up the pyramid as fast as everyone else wants to.

Robin Reliant

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »

Probably puts paid to a phoenix club starting up, but still leaves the Vics without a ground.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 05:58:44 PM »

I think it's a great gesture by FCUM to refuse to take vics playoff place by default on a matter of principle.This highlights that they really were set up as a protest against bad owners that ruin clubs and alienate fans, and aren't about trying to fly up the pyramid as fast as everyone else wants to.
;D
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2012, 06:06:32 PM »

He probably thinks he can now go and groundshare with Skelmersdale.

He wouldn't get a penny of my money, I'd rather sit at home with my memories than fund his circus.

bumble

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 06:07:38 PM »

They could potentially end up in the south...

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 06:39:45 PM »

If they go to Stafford, they'll definitely end up in the South. They could do anyway - they're farther South than New Mills surely !

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:48:59 PM »

180!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 08:40:25 PM »

Would like to know why the FA have dismissed Vics expulsion but reduced this to a relegation..............are the leagues rules so vague or have they been frightened off by Mr Bean ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »

Vics Appeal threw me for a minute,i thought we had started a save the vics fund rofl
Harold

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »

Vics Appeal threw me for a minute,i thought we had started a save the vics fund rofl

Vics Appeal - when you attract a female of the opposite sex by wearing vapour rub!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Vics appeal