PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Notts County Match Thread
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Notts County Match Thread  (Read 9228 times)

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« on: April 28, 2021, 09:34:04 PM »

Well, God knows who's fit & who's injured, but i'm going with the following team (and hope these are fit to play)...

Think best avoiding a striker option for obvious reasons (basically we aint got one that actually scores)... going to change from usual 4,2,3,1 to 4,3,3 formation...

Thompson
Senior   Zouma   Hannigan   Hampson
             Moult   Smith   Kirby
        Hardy   Hancock   Colclough

Subs- Mullarkey, Richman, Mooney, Kosylo, Peers

Score Prediction: ALTY 2-2 Notts County
                              (Colclough, Hancock)

Unless players somehow rediscover form of midseason can only really see a defeat on recent form... BUT think draw is best can hope for... fingers crossed lads surprise us & rise to the occasion & somehow get a result... COYR!

Following Alty since 1977... a rollercoaster ride!

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Notts County Match Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 09:48:02 PM »

I don't think I'd be inclined to field both Zouma and Hampson when neither is match fit. I'd put Hampson on the bench and start Ogle.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 10:35:05 PM »

Well, God knows who's fit & who's injured, but i'm going with the following team (and hope these are fit to play)...

Think best avoiding a striker option for obvious reasons (basically we aint got one that actually scores)... going to change from usual 4,2,3,1 to 4,3,3 formation...

Thompson
Senior   Zouma   Hannigan   Hampson
             Moult   Smith   Kirby
        Hardy   Hancock   Colclough

Subs- Mullarkey, Richman, Mooney, Kosylo, Peers

Score Prediction: ALTY 2-2 Notts County
                              (Colclough, Hancock)

Unless players somehow rediscover form of midseason can only really see a defeat on recent form... BUT think draw is best can hope for... fingers crossed lads surprise us & rise to the occasion & somehow get a result... COYR!

I would love to start that 11 but I can't see that many players coming back just yet. Hannigan and Zouma would be my preferred 2 if only 2 do make selection.
Full time and proud of it

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 08:41:04 AM »

Based on his interview earlier in the week I think he will mix it up a bit to see which players are looking good enough for next season, I am not predicting a team, just wish all give 100% and its error free

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 08:51:47 AM »

Based on his interview earlier in the week I think he will mix it up a bit to see which players are looking good enough for next season, I am not predicting a team, just wish all give 100% and its error free

Think he's been doing that for a while now. It's also about who really wants to be here next year and is keen to impress despite the season sort of fizzling out somewhat.
As has been said elsewhere, next season is the big challenge - to not fall foul of the so called second season syndrome - when other sides have properly worked us out. New signings will be crucial. Especially if we're going to stick with the plan A approach (which I'm in favour of but which requires players with the ability, concentration and fitness to carry it out).
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

andrewflynn

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 08:57:16 AM »

To that end, if we're not starting Matt Gould now, he might as well pack it in here. I know I've been the most vocal in support of Tony and he's still outright our #1 in my eyes, but given the circumstances and, let's face it, iffy moments in recent weeks - why not? It's as much to see what we're capable of without TT than it is with MG.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »

Agree... TT is still no.1 (unless we bring in a really top keeper in summer, but even then would stay as back up)  BUT now may as well give Gould a chance after last week... if Gould does not get a start in remaining games we may as well release him in the summer...

Also, further to my above team, know it's hard to predict with so many injuries & PP probably wanting a few changes after last week, but i still rather 4,3,3 as have no striker to play up front on own... hence maybe attacking three of Hardy, Hancock, Colclough...

Whoever plays i echo previous comments & wish the lads well... COYR!

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 10:25:51 AM »

It's vital that the lads rebuild some goodwill and enthusiasm in these final few games by going out swinging with energy and endeavour. We can't let this season end in a depressing slump with us all (players, fans) downbeat. We've seen how it carries through into the next season and it can be catastrophic, plus we all know we're odds-on for a slow start. Regardless of us (hopefully) being back cheering them on from the get go, a couple of poor early results and the feelings will creep back in very quickly.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 11:45:30 AM »

Play Fiz
Bernard Taylors barmy army

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 02:17:46 PM »

It's vital that the lads rebuild some goodwill and enthusiasm in these final few games by going out swinging with energy and endeavour. We can't let this season end in a depressing slump with us all (players, fans) downbeat. We've seen how it carries through into the next season and it can be catastrophic, plus we all know we're odds-on for a slow start. Regardless of us (hopefully) being back cheering them on from the get go, a couple of poor early results and the feelings will creep back in very quickly.

Agreed

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 02:59:08 PM »

TEAM NEWS via Alty Match Day Live...

Alty lineup: Thompson, Sutton, Moult, Mooney, Bell, Ogle, Senior, Mullarkey, Smith, Colclough, Kirby

Subs: Williams, Hancock, Peers, Hardy, Zouma

COYR!

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 04:57:14 PM »

A much improved performance today, we had enough to win that match.

Inter Alty!

• Regular First Team
  • Come on u Robins!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 05:08:44 PM »

Not sure what to make of today... defo would have taken draw before ko but we had chances in 2nd half to win it today... however, it was a better performance... though still have the season long problem of scoring...

Notts County didn't look like promotion contenders... not a great game, but it stopped the run of defeats... gutted to concede at end of 1st half again, but 2nd half we had enough chances with Smith, Senior, Colclough, and especially Peers at the end... we must find a decent goalscorer in the summer (as previously said by many)...

Southend relegated to join Grimsby in our division next season... roll on Monday's game, when we go again... COYR!

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 05:12:13 PM »

It sounds like ONE decent striker would have converted the draw into a win today.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 05:23:00 PM »

Not sure what to make of today... defo would have taken draw before ko but we had chances in 2nd half to win it today... however, it was a better performance... though still have the season long problem of scoring...

Notts County didn't look like promotion contenders... not a great game, but it stopped the run of defeats... gutted to concede at end of 1st half again, but 2nd half we had enough chances with Smith, Senior, Colclough, and especially Peers at the end... we must find a decent goalscorer in the summer (as previously said by many)...

That's a pretty accurate synopsis.

Some golden chances during that second half but at least our recent malaise has been eased a little.

I thought that Notts County were rather woeful, particularly considering their current status as alleged play-off contenders. Pedestrian sideways passing, no sense of urgency, no width and feeble attackers. On that evidence, I strongly suspect that we will be in the same division as them next season, so at least I'll get the chance to attend an Alty away day at Meadow Lane.

As for Nyal Bell and the enduring curse of the central striker position, I'm afraid that this afternoon he looked about as mobile and threatening as those shopping trolleys that were located in front of the TV gantry on the Popular Side. We were much better when Hancock came on.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team