PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seven days’ notice put in for two players: a left-sided defender and a striker
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Seven days’ notice put in for two players: a left-sided defender and a striker  (Read 11441 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

"Graham Heathcote has recommended the defender and I trust his judgement 100%, whilst the striker is wanted by a club who are in the top five of our league, but I’m hoping that we can persuade him to join us, particularly as he’s the sort of striker who puts himself about and is a natural goalscorer."

http://altrincham.today/2016/12/10/view-dugout-surprised-see-jim-go-i-pleased-players-response/
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

I hope it is not misplaced, but I do have a renewed hope of optimism. GH's involvement is something I feel very positive about.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Wonder who it is ?maybe one of the Curzon strikers ?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:00:52 PM by Timperley The Best »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Local knowledge is something we have lacked massively of late
ParkINson's red and white army

York Alty is back

Just pondering the record number of players used in a single season?

That is not a criticism of any of the current trio running the first team, it is a proper kick up the arse of the club cos using this many is ludicrous.

COME ON ALTY.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 08:19:31 PM by York Alty »

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Just pondering the record number of players users in a single season?

That is not a criticism of any of the current trio running the first team, it is a proper kick up the arse of the club cos using this many is ludicrous.

COME ON ALTY.

I would have to delve into the archives to address that particular question (or roytonmike could ride to the rescue!).

I make it that we have already used a total of 39 different players this season.

Gary Jones will probably be No. 40....and we may well be close to reaching a tally of 50 by the time that this surreal season concludes.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:34:53 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Get me on!
Full time and proud of it

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

For the first time so far this season I have a vague feeling of optimism. Should we scramble enough to stay up would be brilliant but if not the seeds look to be there to renew again.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

dunhamalty

If Buzz manages to convince this striker to come to us we may as well give him the job. Alty is a pretty unatttactive proposition at the minute.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

No coincidence that we have stepped up in the last 2 games with the likes of Heathcote and Lawton involved. We haven't had passion since they last were involved. I am not arsed that Heathcote took a years wage out of the club, he loves Alty and use to have unreal local non league knowledge. Plus life goes on outside of football and he had a family to provide for so no issues for me. Will only be a good thing having Graham's passion around. If it was toxic he wouldn't be anywhere near the club.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile

No coincidence that we have stepped up in the last 2 games with the likes of Heathcote and Lawton involved. We haven't had passion since they last were involved. I am not arsed that Heathcote took a years wage out of the club, he loves Alty and use to have unreal local non league knowledge. Plus life goes on outside of football and he had a family to provide for so no issues for me. Will only be a good thing having Graham's passion around. If it was toxic he wouldn't be anywhere near the club.

Completely agree. Its a while back, but I seem to recall he was a little burnt out when he left. People like that need a soft landing. Plus he has been a regular face at the club since...Alty is in his blood

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

do we need another striker if hobson has started playing well, might make sense to settle the team
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile

do we need another striker if hobson has started playing well, might make sense to settle the team

He's suspended for next two games but yes another striker is needed imo

bumble

He's suspended for next two games but yes another striker is needed imo

Wilko out till Christmas
Marsh gone

Leaves reeves and Hobson and lawrie

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Abd Miller
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Seven days’ notice put in for two players: a left-sided defender and a striker