PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Does the ground have wifi
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Does the ground have wifi  (Read 5068 times)

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Does the ground have wifi
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 08:59:12 PM »

EE is aweful, especially their local employees.
nearly as bad as your spelling

The additional "e" is part of the deal with EE network services I understand.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 10:01:42 PM »

EE is aweful, especially their local employees.
nearly as bad as your spelling

The additional "e" is part of the deal with EE network services I understand.

he likes the odd "e" here and ther i believe ;)
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »

Just purchased one of these new fangled smartphones and was wondering if there is wifi at the ground. We do have a comms tower right next to us

Putting my geek hat on for a moment....

You're getting confused here - wifi is a connection to a domestic or business broadband, it's nothing to do with comms tower or the phone network. I don't know if the club have opened up a public wifi connection, but you should have a 3G connection via your mobile provider.

...takes geek hat off.
forget 3g 4 G is the future however alty wont get it this year yet but mcr will you wont need wifi then superfast BB through your mobile !! Puts geek hat firmly back on

Indeed, these will be exciting times with companies like EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE leading the way.
nice free advertising there thanks :) they are known just as EE now :)

Many of us who live in rural areas would be happier if they concentrated on rolling out 3G to all, before starting on 4G
they are investing heavily in both 3 and 4 G and its at 98 percent for 3 g in total uk coverage but i dont suppose that helps the 2 percent !

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:04 PM »

Just purchased one of these new fangled smartphones and was wondering if there is wifi at the ground. We do have a comms tower right next to us

You're getting confused here - wifi is a connection to a domestic or business broadband, it's nothing to do with comms tower or the phone network. I don't know if the club have opened up a public wifi connection, but you should have a 3G connection via your mobile provider.

...takes geek hat off.
forget 3g 4 G is the future however alty wont get it this year yet but mcr will you wont need wifi then superfast BB through your mobile !! Puts geek hat firmly back on

Indeed, these will be exciting times with companies like EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE leading the way.

Many of us who live in rural areas would be happier if they concentrated on rolling out 3G to all, before starting on 4G
they are investing heavily in both 3 and 4 G and its at 98 percent for 3 g in total uk coverage but i dont suppose that helps the 2 percent !

You should try living in Ireland, the infrastructure here truly is a joke.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

York Alty

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »

Off topic I know but I remember the early 1990s in India having to book a call back (from New Delhi) to the UK and waiting for three of fours hours for our turn to come round.  The only time I got Alty scores was on occasional visits to the British Library that were dotted around India / Pakistan.  Now I'm complaining about having a slow broadband connection whilst RR has people listening to live match commentary from Moss Lane!

Connected World...Alty goes Global...

Radio Robins...what a fantastic service.

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:26 PM »

Off topic I know but I remember the early 1990s in India having to book a call back (from New Delhi) to the UK and waiting for three of fours hours for our turn to come round.  The only time I got Alty scores was on occasional visits to the British Library that were dotted around India / Pakistan.  Now I'm complaining about having a slow broadband connection whilst RR has people listening to live match commentary from Moss Lane!

Connected World...Alty goes Global...

Radio Robins...what a fantastic service.

This

Robin Reliant

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »

...takes geek hat off.

Unfortunately the 98% refers to people covered, not areas, so a wide geographical area is left behind  >:(

Lies, damn lies etc.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:09 PM »

...takes geek hat off.

Unfortunately the 98% refers to people covered, not areas, so a wide geographical area is left behind  >:(

Lies, damn lies etc.
yes 98 percent population coverage no lies :)

Robin Reliant

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »

Just statistics  ;D ;D

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 06:09:56 PM »

Just statistics  ;D ;D
im full of useless ones :)