PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A bad night  (Read 19655 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
A bad night
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:55:54 PM »

Too many changes to personnel was our ultimate undoing on the pitch. Off the pitch patted on the head again. I sought out the gaffer amongst the police in attendance and asked him why Chester supporters were allowed in to the home end ten minutes in to the game. He assured me as an officer who is in attendance most home games they wanted Chester supporters on the away end, and no where else. And it certainly wasn't their decision to seed home advantage in a relegation battle. Once the first smoke bomb went off it seemed to sap the atmosphere that was being created in the first ten minutes. A great home attendance on a dreadful champions league night, most of whom new or long standing were forced to stand in a building site in the second half. We had 1000+ Barnsley supporters here in a monsoon with no issue. It was a relegation six pointer and we put the comfort of a couple of hundred Chester fans ahead of our supporters and our survival in this league. We can console ourselves as Gainsborough go 2 n up in August that at least Reg from saltney had a comfortable night out. I'll say nothing else on the matter except we may come to regret being such a soft touch, and Inhope many of the new faces here tonight due to half term give it a go again despite being overlooked for those from Chester.

andrewflynn

Re: A bad night
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:17:20 PM »

Second half there were a good thirty Chester on the Golf Road. I noticed as I was walking out. Laughable, it really is.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »

Second half there were a good thirty Chester on the Golf Road. I noticed as I was walking out. Laughable, it really is.
not the first time that and there has been trouble before when we will learn this is a derby ?
ParkINson's red and white army

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 11:05:27 PM »

Shambles of a performance tonight. Its not Lee's fault that Jordan has an ankle injury but why does he insist on playing Scott Leather at right back? He is woeful in that position and it just disrupts the central partnership between him and Marcus.
Should have taken off Margetts as soon as Richman went off injured and brought on Lawrie to play in the middle. We were always going to get over run in the centre without Simon's energy and an extra body in there would have helped.
Segregation issue is a joke, but when are the club going to return the popular side back to normal and remove the ridiculous amounts of scaffolding? Alty TV is great but not at the expense of enjoying the game live from a once excellent point in the ground.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 11:14:20 PM »

That was almost as bad as the Braintree debacle. Only Marcus Holness emerged with any credit. Chester were better organised and had come with a positive attitude. If we had a single shot on target I must have blinked and missed it.

Nights like this make me wonder why I bother.

DanTheITMan

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 11:27:30 PM »

but when are the club going to return the popular side back to normal and remove the ridiculous amounts of scaffolding? Alty TV is great but not at the expense of enjoying the game live from a once excellent point in the ground.

OK, I’ll bite.
Not only does the scaffolding provide a home for the superb FREE Radio Robins and Alty TV services, but it’s also a home for cameras recording for BT Sport and The FA – both league requirements.
It is also home to MUTV when united play games at Moss Lane.
While far from ideal, it is the most logical place in the ground for such a facility.
I’m sure all involved would love it to be permanently anchored to the roof so to not obstruct the view of the fans, it’s a compromise at best.
Perhaps you’d like to forward your views to the ground committee, maybe even join up and help make a difference?

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 11:29:29 PM »

Woeful performance that, and against a team at the same level as us budget/ player/ part time status wise. Leather at right back was horrendous. Holness out paced for the non penalty, but at least spent time talking to Heathcote, who incidentally didn't have a bad game but isn't quite polished yet, he will be a good player though. I agree that as soon as Richman went off we should've brought Lawrie on and took Margetts off, a poor showing from him. The ball seemed to bounce off Rankine everytime he tried to hold it up. Poor Deasy made two point blank saves in a goal mouth scramble and yet still the ball gets bundled in.

Nearly everyone had an off night. Can't feel sorry for ourselves need to dust ourselves down and go again Saturday.

The farce letting the Chester fans on the side terrace is extraordinary.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 11:42:55 PM »

but when are the club going to return the popular side back to normal and remove the ridiculous amounts of scaffolding? Alty TV is great but not at the expense of enjoying the game live from a once excellent point in the ground.

OK, I’ll bite.
Not only does the scaffolding provide a home for the superb FREE Radio Robins and Alty TV services, but it’s also a home for cameras recording for BT Sport and The FA – both league requirements.
While far from ideal, it is the most logical place in the ground for such a facility.
I’m sure all involved would love it to be permanently anchored to the roof so to not obstruct the view of the fans, it’s a compromise at best.
Perhaps you’d like to forward your views to the ground committee, maybe even join up and help make a difference?

If it's acknowledged its "far from ideal" why are the regular supporters overlooked for 231 supporters from Chester? We've had bigger from the last two away games with no issues and the the 'perfect formula' was clearly found against Barnsley in monsoon conditions. Sorry but tonight was simply not good enough. I rarely publically air negatives views about the club, but tonight of all nights with so many first timers or first midweekers, probably due to the half term holidays was out of order. You could sense the atmosphere drain from the crowd as soon as that happened (they scored 3 minutes later and ignited smoke bombs). The  psychological war was lost, in a relegation six pointer. The team don't opt to shoot towards the golf road end first half to be faced nothing on the second half. We keep being told how important the fans are, so show us a little respect, as paying customers if nothing else.

DanTheITMan

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 11:55:07 PM »

If it's acknowledged its "far from ideal" why are the regular supporters overlooked for 231 supporters from Chester? We've had bigger from the last two away games with no issues and the the 'perfect formula' was clearly found against Barnsley in monsoon conditions. Sorry but tonight was simply not good enough. I rarely publically air negatives views about the club, but tonight of all nights with so many first timers or first midweekers, probably due to the half term holidays was out of order. You could sense the atmosphere drain from the crowd as soon as that happened (they scored 3 minutes later and ignited smoke bombs). The  psychological war was lost, in a relegation six pointer. The team don't opt to shoot towards the golf road end first half to be faced nothing on the second half. We keep being told how important the fans are, so show us a little respect, as paying customers if nothing else.

I've no idea Pete, you'd have to ask whoever made that decision, I can only speak from my involvement with Alty TV/BT Sport/Radio Robins.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 12:47:46 AM »

OK, I’ll bite.

So, so true. The second their fans started to walk into OUR terrace, the atmosphere turned. For the second half we had no chance as vocal fans when we were blocked out of the area we are entitled to. Farce.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 01:17:58 AM »

I won't make any judgement's in relation to the motivational benefits of having our singers in the final third of the popside.

Instead I will simply moan about the basics - Second half, I had a choice of staying reasonably dry and having a poor view of the pitch in either direction due to various obstructions or having a good view by standing out in rain on the hoardings. The Chester fans had both shelter and a good view
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 06:04:55 AM »

I won't make any judgement's in relation to the motivational benefits of having our singers in the final third of the popside.

Instead I will simply moan about the basics - Second half, I had a choice of staying reasonably dry and having a poor view of the pitch in either direction due to various obstructions or having a good view by standing out in rain on the hoardings. The Chester fans had both shelter and a good view

You are spot on, Mick. When you give away fans that part of the popular side the fencing, scaffolding etc. in place makes it worse for the home fans. Which other club treats its away fans better than the home ones? I know thats not the intention but that is how it comes across.

If the club can make a statement pleading for more support and income it can make a statement as to why the segregation was what it was. An explanation is owed.

We seem to go round and round in circles about this. It isnt ideal, and the money clearly isnt there to add a roof or improve the gantry or fencing. But to make the best of the situation you put your own fans first. This isnt happening.

As for the match we were utter sh*te.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »

Very poor performance, not seen us play so badly for ages, looked like we were well and truly sussed out (with chester not having a game I bet they had loads of management here on sat).  should have been 5.
Segregation decision benefited only Chester fans and made the view for alty fans very poor, terrible decision
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 08:02:27 AM »

OK, I’ll bite.

I think everyone understands the concept of what scaffolding does Dan.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »

Awful performance , awful weather , awful decision  to  let their fans in to pop side , and to top it all had a puncture on way home.  >:(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A bad night