News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve from Sale is back on line!!!

Author Topic: Steve from Sale is back on line!!!  (Read 4650 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:47:40 PM »

New message coming soon. Hope all my friends are ok and all those who know me on-line - how are you doing Mark Ecky - How's it going Lymm Alty, Hamilton etc

LymmRobin

Re: Steve from Sale is back on line!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 09:23:09 PM »

Welcome back, Steve.

bighairedmike

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:44:15 PM »

Enjoy. It's almost like you haven't been away.

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:36:40 PM »

Welcome back Steve

Bad news, George Bowerman proved to be a dreadful player, has been offloaded to Telford and now gone awol to the states >:(

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:30:50 PM »

I know, I had high hopes for him after the first few games, especially after his initial goal contribution. However for some reason he went off the radar and became a fringe player, especially with the emergence of Michael Rankine, who has been a revelation this season.

For now, I feel Lee and Neil's priority though, is to try and get extended loans on all our loanees, who have also made a major contribution to our season. They have helped make us a difficult side to beat, but we also have to learn to shut up shop towards the end of games, as we have conceded late goals several times this season. Tim Deasy has been my player of the season so far, but Rank's has done well also. Scott Leather is doing well with our new loan signing and has more confidence. I feel there was too much responsibility on his shoulders and it was affecting his game, when Sam was playing alongside him. That said, I also think Sam has made a major contribution and is one for the future, so we must keep hold of him.

Those who say Nicky's career is over end of this season are wrong, he still has 3-4 years left in him after this season, just needs time to recover from his operation properly and not be rushed back.

We now have a run of home games over the next couple of weeks, and I want to see the same spirit we saw against Woking the other week. We are too good a squad to go down, but this season we have been very unlucky with injuries. Despite this, some of our fans seem to be doom-mongers every time we turn in a bad result. Yesterday's result was a draw after playing decently. This was a much worse result for Welling than it was for us, and I would have taken that, despite some saying we should have won the game.  A side threatened with relegation have a lot to play for, Welling got lucky but they were desperate for that goal, and as other fans have said, they have some tough games coming up, including us at home.

What I am saying now is, let's make Moss Lane a fortress for the rest of this season; and make the most of our home advantages. It will take pressure off us for our away games. We have now played nearly all the top teams; and even they have not had it their own way all the time. Look at the overall picture, things are not so bad and I have every confidence in both management and players. I think we will survive 2nd season syndrome, get all our squad back to full fitness, make one or two changes during the summer and then push on next season.

Lets please lay off Lee Sinnott and Neil, let them do their jobs and take the club onwards. With the smaller budgets, they are doing the best they can, but we need to develop as a club slowly and methodically. The foundations for this are there for all too see. Lee and Neil are the management team to take us forward and there is lots to be optimistic for. Sorry but I refuse to see this season as negative, we are a good side who play nice football, good to watch and easy on the eye - long may this continue!!

Steve from Sale
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:42:06 PM by Steve from Sale »

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 02:52:21 PM »

Well said that man

LymmRobin

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 03:01:20 PM »

And this forum is all  the better for it.  I really appreciate your level-headed opinion.  See you Tuesday evening, weather permitting.

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »

Steve, you have taken just about every subject that has been discussed on here in the last month and regurgitated it into one wordy post. It's like you never went away!

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

As ever Steve from Sale, you say it so much better than I ever could

Welcome back, you have been badly missed, and boy how we have needed you!!!!

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 04:54:48 PM »

Thanks very much for your kind comments, Ham, Lymm Robin my standing colleague, and others, more to come soon.

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 04:57:08 PM »

Welcome back Steve

Beaver

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 10:26:36 AM »

You've pretty much summed it up.

Onwards and upwards.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team