PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colclough
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Colclough  (Read 4449 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Colclough
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2023, 10:51:00 AM »

I think Chesterfield will be pulling more financial stunts if they don't go up.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2023, 12:15:29 PM »

Could well be the other way round tbh. I heard that the debt at Notts is huge (unless a backer has sorted it). Chesterfield seem to spend loads and it's surely not sustainable in the National League.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2023, 01:34:15 PM »

You could well be right there.
Clearly it's not just Wrecsam trying to buy success in this league!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2023, 01:06:12 PM »

I've mentioned before about finances in this league, boring to some I'm sure but the numbers are staggering.

Notts County lost £1.7m in 2022 and were about £14m in debt. If it wasn't for their owners underwriting it then the receivers would have been in by now.

As for Chesterfield, they were about £12m in debt at the last count but about £10m of that was to a supporters trust who took it on from the previous owner. That £10m was converted into £5m of shares last summer. So on paper they made £15m in one swoop. They still run at a heavy loss all the same, but a massive chunk of their debt is simply not going to be called in.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2023, 05:00:39 PM »

I've mentioned before about finances in this league, boring to some I'm sure but the numbers are staggering.

Notts County lost £1.7m in 2022 and were about £14m in debt. If it wasn't for their owners underwriting it then the receivers would have been in by now.

As for Chesterfield, they were about £12m in debt at the last count but about £10m of that was to a supporters trust who took it on from the previous owner. That £10m was converted into £5m of shares last summer. So on paper they made £15m in one swoop. They still run at a heavy loss all the same, but a massive chunk of their debt is simply not going to be called in.

Not a breadhead myself, can't grasp all the implications but I do know if you continue to spend more than you earn you either end up in the poo, or need Mrs. Moneybags to rescue you.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Colclough