PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Moss Lane  (Read 14745 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moss Lane
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2023, 01:47:25 PM »

New seated pop side would be fantastic as long as the third nearest the away end stays standing.
Also, decent leg room for the seats for us taller old crocks is absolutely essential.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2023, 01:49:31 PM »

Terrible location. Reminded me of the AJ Bell. I've always looked for York away on the calendar as one of the more attractive days out but the scramble to get to the game in taxis cuts time in the city centre short, and makes the whole day far less appealing for future trips. Would be quite content with it being a Tuesday night away game next season, should they stay up.

I thought the ground was fine and found the away end easily. Stewards were helpful. Got served quickly. Others have pointed out the overcrowding of the top 5-6 rows of seats but I would imagine there was enough space in the away end if each fan took up one seat. It's not a failing of the ground that our fans all wanted to pile in together.

I don't think we'll ever see an all-seater Moss Lane but a new, seated pop side stand with concourse has to be on the agenda as facilities in that area of the ground are terrible, as we all know.

Of course its a falling; they removed assigned seating and had 3 stewards to monitor it.
It's all my fault.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2023, 03:06:23 PM »

New seated pop side would be fantastic as long as the third nearest the away end stays standing.
Also, decent leg room for the seats for us taller old crocks is absolutely essential.

Why the final third standing?

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2023, 03:20:51 PM »

Just to be clear I was commenting on the design of the ground, rather than its location/environment.

It's probably inevitable that any new build is going to be out of town just because of the required footprint. Stuff like food and drink options inside the ground are under the clubs control unless they are dictated by the landlord. As for it being soul less, that was probably down to the size of the home support, not enough of them for the size of the ground. Edgeley Park is all seated but there's plenty of atmosphere there.

Hats off to whoever walked from the city centre. It was too big a hike for my liking.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2023, 03:24:06 PM »

For the golf road singers when we're kicking that way!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2023, 03:30:15 PM »

Just to be clear I was commenting on the design of the ground, rather than its location/environment.

Yes I agree..........inside was fine and things ok. Men's toilets could be bigger, but on the whole ok.

The location and nearby places for food and drink......useless
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2023, 03:43:05 PM »

I like the sentiment, but if we are going where we want to go I think at some point we will have to accept that walking round to different parts of the ground will become a thing of the past. It would make all the difference if the Golf Road end was completely rebuilt with steeper terracing, which would hugely improve the view of the pitch. I love the old girl, but the view from there is and always has been garbage.
Come on Alty!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2023, 03:56:10 PM »

Development of the GRE like that would be fabulous but, I think, very unlikely given the proximity of the houses behind would mean reduction of light and likely planning refusal.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2023, 04:08:49 PM »

My wife noted on the way home that football grounds are the only places where men queue for toilets and woman walk straight in and out  ::)
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2023, 04:12:01 PM »

For what it's worth, the indoor golf bar had a good range of beers on (including Madri and Blue Moon), was pleasant enough to thaw out in there afterwards and people watch (i.e. cheer on the kids having a go on the basketball hoop).

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2023, 04:16:21 PM »

For what it's worth, the indoor golf bar had a good range of beers on (including Madri and Blue Moon), was pleasant enough to thaw out in there afterwards and people watch (i.e. cheer on the kids having a go on the basketball hoop).

MegaBowl also.........and we got to watch toddlers running around and kids with balloons and birthday cake.......to be fair the place IS for kids and families and did not fancy 90 minutes under a concrete stand drinking freezing cold short measures of flat John Smiths in a plastic glass for the same over-inflated price as MegaBowl.  8)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2023, 04:25:44 PM »

I like the sentiment, but if we are going where we want to go I think at some point we will have to accept that walking round to different parts of the ground will become a thing of the past. It would make all the difference if the Golf Road end was completely rebuilt with steeper terracing, which would hugely improve the view of the pitch. I love the old girl, but the view from there is and always has been garbage.

But that shouldnt mean that space gets occupied by away fans.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2023, 04:26:53 PM »

Couldn't agree more. 👍

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2023, 04:37:34 PM »

My wife noted on the way home that football grounds are the only places where men queue for toilets and woman walk straight in and out  ::)
Leigh sports village is tother way round. 😁

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2023, 04:49:00 PM »

Leigh sports village is tother way round. 😁

So's the Alty away end! 😉
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane