PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The smell of bullshxt
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The smell of bullshxt  (Read 5666 times)

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
The smell of bullshxt
« on: June 12, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »

What a load of bxllxcks

http://www.leighgenesis.com/

http://www.unibondleague.com/news.php?nid=6700

Tradition goes out of the window as Leigh RMI Football Club launches its new Name, new Crest, and new Colours; a predominantly new Team playing in a brand new Stadium…

You may well ask ‘What hasn’t changed?’

Recently appointed, visionary Chairman Dominic Speakman, 32, explains the thought process behind this radical move to give the club an all-embracing brand for the future.

‘I became Chairman in January this year and apart from the possibility of a move to a brand new 12,000 seat stadium, the club was struggling and its future was stagnant.

I could see that there was potential to build an appealing, prosperous and competitive club which would be capable of growing and climbing forcefully up the football ladder.

Logo

The club had adopted the generic Leigh town crest which did not give it any real identity; I believe the Club needed to develop it’s own personality and as part of this there needed to be a strong, individual emblem of association. Ideas of colour were professionally developed into a striking, versatile and contemporary logo which formed the core of the new brand.

Name

I began with the name; ‘Leigh RMI’ (Railway Mechanics Institute) had followed the Club from its roots in Horwich where there actually was a R.M.I., Leigh on the other hand could not even boast a railway station! Research confirmed that there was little loyalty or attachment to the old name which would make the decision more welcoming than controversial.

Genesis fits perfectly with the club image on several levels; a meaning of ‘New Beginning, Origin & Creation’ being the most important, it has a contemporary edge and is unique in the world of football. It is miles away from the American ‘animal’ and doesn’t join the usual ‘Cities or Uniteds’ which gives it a chance of making a real mark in non-league football.

Kit Colour

The Club is surrounded by ‘reds’ from both football and rugby; our red and white stripes simply merged with the crowd so a radical makeover was essential if we wanted to distinguish ourselves in the area. The alignment of football to fashion is pretty well recognised now, and in order to give the new Leigh Genesis FC an appealing, attractive image, the kit had to become less fussy and more modern. The result was a fresh, white shirt with black shorts and socks supplied by established sports brand Nike whose image complimented perfectly the effect we wanted to achieve.

Future

The new 2008/09 season will see Leigh Genesis playing in the Unibond Premier League which is a mere three jumps away from the football league. Genesis is aiming high and has ambitions ‘to be the best that it can be’.

Already in place is a highly qualified coach, Steve Bleasdale who comes with his assistant Brett Harris, Coordinator James Standing and Physio Terry O’Brien. Running the club off the pitch are General Manager, Mary Croasdale and Commercial Manager Donna Middleton who come with experience from Premier Club Blackburn Rovers; the structure is designed for stability and growth.

Supporters

The club aims to appeal to all types of fans and has priced its tickets competitively to encourage families with children. Premiership football has become an incredibly expensive hobby; we can offer a family of four a day out at an impressive stadium at every home match of the season for just £18 per game. Now that’s value! Replica shirts will be less than £30 which for a Nike brand is a fantastic deal; we want to be part of the community but more importantly we want the community to be part of us and keeping prices reasonable will definitely help.

Andy Burnham MP for Leigh and Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport said, ‘We have sporting participation like never before at our magnificent Sports Village and we can now look forward with optimism to a professional football club providing the sort of entertainment on the pitch that supporters will want to see. I am absolutely delighted that Leigh Genesis will be flying the football flag for the town and am sure that this town will respond to the challenge and get behind them in their bid to climb swiftly up the football ladder’

@AltyDaz

bigcol

Re: The smell of bullshxt
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »

If only it was that easy...

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »

Thought the same when I read it.........it's a Rugby League Town, that round ball game will never catch on
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

cornishrobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 09:26:21 PM »

Is Leigh Genesis the most stupid name of a football club ever?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »

What makes me laugh is they think they can build on something like 150 fans....

The reason it struggles is cos there is f all there for them.

Do these people never think clearly? We (Leigh) had a good team, but could never get more than 150-300. Why was that? This new club makes it sound as though nobody tapped into the catchment area or didn't market the club well enough to get big crowds.

Question to leave you with is this:

If there is the capability of getting thousands (12,000 capacity)to go and watch them because of a change of name, kit and a very good new ground well, just how much of a piss poor excuse of an owner did you have to be to never get more than 150 or so watchiing them???

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 09:57:45 PM »

Could have been Leigh Galaxy,silly buggers :D
Harold

crossie

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 10:21:09 PM »

It sounds like a team in the IPL or something not a football team.
It makes you wonder why there have been so many football clubs which go into debt and addministration, idea's like this should stay on paper and be filed away, and never emerge. All i can say is they will have money issues buy the end of the season

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 11:08:42 PM »

No thread re Leigh GENESIS would be complete without a certain photo

http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandredbridge/index.asp?stid=8324242

6th photo down. Yes I am bored, I expect Goodwins for this ;D

Geoff

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 11:24:47 PM »

Surely as the club has moved from Horwich, Exodus would be a more appropriate biblical name.  Or perhaps to be ironic Leigh Numbers.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 08:18:13 AM »

How dare they take the name of my favourite rock band!!!

Steve from Sale

Alex

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »

be fair, dagenham is a long way. At least they take more to local games  ;)

(this is them away at hyde)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:09:08 AM by The Duke »

flaggerN

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 11:37:58 AM »

No wonder they dont do very well looking at the team photo above

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 03:09:21 PM »

How dare they take the name of my favourite rock band!!!

Steve from Sale

Well, I suppose that they couldn't really rename themselves as Leigh Emerson, Lake and Palmer...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 03:16:33 PM »

I can understand them wanting to make a break from the poorly supported past when they go into their new stadium (which is fantastic by the way - pass it when visiting the grandkids) but I think the name they've chosen is very inappropriate.
Perhaps as their crowds have been a bit of a joke for years now, they should be called Leigh Evans?*

*Sorry about that!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 11:03:04 PM »

be fair, dagenham is a long way. At least they take more to local games  ;)

(this is them away at hyde)

Are you sure that that's Hyde? Doesn't look much like Ewan Fields too me, not least because all of it is covered.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The smell of bullshxt