PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Ticket
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Season Ticket  (Read 4950 times)

fuertes

Season Ticket
« on: June 11, 2008, 09:38:16 AM »

Just been asked and don't know the answer to either:-
- Does a season ticket get you into friendlies free?
- Do university students count as 'concessions'?

Alty365

Re: Season Ticket
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 09:47:38 AM »

Just been asked and don't know the answer to either:-
- Does a season ticket get you into friendlies free?
- Do university students count as 'concessions'?

Season tickets definitely get you free entry to friendlies but not 100% sure about student concessions. I think they do count as concessions with valid ID but maybe best to ring the club and check: 0161 928 1045.

samba

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 11:03:46 AM »

When getting entry into the ground student does count as concession, if that applies to season tickets I don't know though!

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 11:53:06 AM »

When getting entry into the ground student does count as concession, if that applies to season tickets I don't know though!

Are you sure? I used to get a concessionary season ticket when I was a student, but for away games I had to show my NUS card.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »

May I suggest you all get a job and stop sponging !!! ;D

fuertes

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 12:34:59 PM »

I have a job, and students have to pay back a loan, no grants these days. There was a small furore about it...keep up to date mate  ;)

samba

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »

May I suggest you all get a job and stop sponging !!! ;D
Yes Mr. Jenga Sir....
Start employment in August.  My comfy days are over! And i become a London exile.  Sad times all round...

And I did indeed have to show my NUS, but I don't get why that's an issue? Unless you're talking about student in the A-Level sense, in which case I have NO idea!

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 12:53:15 PM »

I have a job, and students have to pay back a loan, no grants these days. There was a small furore about it...keep up to date mate  ;)

OK lets go...............

A small furore hey? I follow the news. Well why should students get a grant? I dont get a grant to go work can i suggest you pay it back and thats that.

If you chose to be student then that is your choice but dont expect sympathy that you have no money and look for discounts for everywhere you go.

And before you reply my first job paid me £2500 a year working in manchester, after paying my parents some income, after travel fairs and after buying lunches I actually made a loss. It was my choice and i knew in the end it would be worth it. But you didnt see me going to the government asking for a grant and asking for discounts at every shop I went in.

Get a job and get some decent clothes and get your hair cut, have a bath, stop smelling and get into the real world instead of thinking that a degree in physcology will help you progress in life.

I thank you !!!

*sits back and awaits the responses  ;D

ps nothing personal mate I am having a laugh, sort of hehehe:-)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 12:55:15 PM by Jenga »

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 01:17:01 PM »

Paul Calf - "When I own a pub I'll have a special door for students .... Called the exit" ...

fuertes

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »

Students get discounts because they don't have the opportunity to work full-time...not unless they want to fail their degree anyway. It's the same for OAPs, you'd hardly deny them concession fares because they're old enough to have saved up cash would you? It's a fairly reasonable ask to get a student discount.

Although on the subject of needing a haircut and smelling bad I have to say you make a good point. I do smell quite bad. Nor do I respect anyone doing a degree in psychology, sociology, media, communication, marketing or any other made-up subject.  ;D

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 02:56:16 PM »

Although on the subject of needing a haircut and smelling bad I have to say you make a good point. I do smell quite bad. Nor do I respect anyone doing a degree in psychology, sociology, media, communication, marketing or any other made-up subject.  ;D

LOL

baldrick

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 09:37:41 PM »

Students? ....... A bunch of lefties who waste a few years sharing half a lager between four of them while pretending to study some sh*t nobody else has ever heard of then spend the next five years up a tree protesting against building a motorway incase it disturbs a few hedgehogs.....Tossers

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 10:06:18 PM »

For all you students that want discounts, Join the stewarding team and you can get 100% off but you would have to give a little bit back i:e
doing a bit of work and not stand there watching football like the rest of us  ;D ;D ;D
You can't blame me for trying.
@AltyDaz

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 11:01:37 PM »

I'm completely in shock that Jenga and Baldrick replied like they did.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 11:34:49 PM »

And before you reply my first job paid me £2500 a year working in manchester, after paying my parents some income, after travel fairs and after buying lunches I actually made a loss. It was my choice and i knew in the end it would be worth it. But you didnt see me going to the government asking for a grant and asking for discounts at every shop I went in.

When I was a student I learn't how to spell "fares".  ::) ::)

I now earn 50K after working very hard at a then poly, and I believe it was worth it, as a student in Newcastle my full 1980's grant went a long way*, these days the kids get nothing. It will cost me around 30K to put my kids through assuming they both get there.

If we as a country are to prosper we need a decent education for the kids. They learn nothing but the basics at school these days, its dumbed down beyond belief.

* I also saw Waddle, Keegan, Gascoigne, McDermott etc play for a seriously good Div 2 side each fortnight for a marvellous student discount!

Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Season Ticket