Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last time we scored 6 (six) away from home in the league?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Last time we scored 6 (six) away from home in the league?  (Read 3521 times)

markecky

Re: Last time we scored 6 (six) away from home in the league?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 08:42:43 PM »

dont think welling was between the 2 games, because that week was the week we were unstoppable 9-2 then 6-2, 15-4 in 4 days! was convinced we were going to win the title after the boston win.
great memories of the welling trophy win in the last minute though. paul showler best alty player i have ever seen, better even than the 79/80/81 players.
we took over 200 fans to kent for a last 16 trophy game. the buzz around the club was incredible.
still havent got over losing the 3-1 lead at slough in the 3rd last game of season and letting barnet in for the title.
i keep telling myself it was for the best and that we would have gone bust if we got promoted.
was definitely the best season to watch alty - fans young and old couldnt believe what the team did each week -
anyone else remember the barnet 4-1 in front of nearly 5000 fans, best league performance ever.(official attendance 3000 but there were 4800 in there that day)

As I started watched after the 86 Trophy final that season was the my 79/80/81.

Its a tribute to it that seeing as though we didn't win anything it gets a a mention from my group of fiends at least once a fortnight.

4800 in against Barnet, the club had to pretend it was 3000 but then had to get the fans back on the books somewhere so it all balanced at the end of the season.

Hence the last game of the season against Boston (?) had a crowd on 1800 I think despite us being back to our usual 700.

Nicky Clee could well be the closest thing we'll get to Paul Showler for many a year.

I can remember crying in my bedroom after the Slough game came through...spent £18 on the clubcall to get the score as well. No internet then to get the latest scores.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Last time we scored 6 (six) away from home in the league?
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 12:36:03 AM »

I can remember crying in my bedroom after the Slough game came through...spent £18 on the clubcall to get the score as well. No internet then to get the latest scores.

Not half as sick as I was....ironically I'd taken two days sick off work to drive down from Hull ....think I was envisaging some sort of joy-fest after the long drive back up to Hull rather than crying into my pillow.....all those bloody Barnet fans too, there was more of them than Slough fans (or so it seemed).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Last time we scored 6 (six) away from home in the league?