News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 southampton have the right idea

Author Topic: southampton have the right idea  (Read 2098 times)

Alex

« on: January 25, 2008, 01:30:37 PM »

from bbc.co.uk

Bury fans are hopeful of being allowed to take two drums into St Mary's Stadium for Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Southampton.
The Championship side have refused permission to allow any musical instruments into the ground.

Shakers fans have launched an online petition in an attempt to get the decision reversed.

Drummer Santosh Rudravajhala said: "It's endemic in British football culture and to say no is a kop out."

Unemployed Coalminer

Re: southampton have the right idea
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »

Shouldn't that be epidemic?

Narcissist

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:14:16 PM »

AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Shoot the drummer, shoot shoot the drummer!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 06:40:05 PM »

hahaha
it's funny this should come up, as a lot of my mates of course are seasiders fans. during their visit to St Mary's in the championship a fan wrote to the club to ask permission to take a drum in the ground, he was given the go ahead... after 10 minutes into the game they were asked by a steward not to use the drum anymore, ok fair enough... the request not to use the drum was because 'it made too much noise' i've never laughed so much in ages. furthermore a scuffle broke out after they carried on using it and 8 fans were ejected. As far as i know the club wrote an official complaint to Southampton.

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 08:57:27 PM »

We should not allow away fans to bring drums into Moss Lane. They are annoying and they partially drown out our singing. Why should we allow away fans any sort of advantage in this respect?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:07:29 PM »

As I always have said how someone wondering around with two wooden sticks in the their hands and a large item are allowed in a ground I do not know.

Take the tops of a bottle of pop but alloq a drummer in is baffling to say the least. Airhorns belong at sea and drums belong in a band. End of !

Cambridge managed to solve my question of whats more annoying than a drum at a football match, well its TWO DRUMS !!

seasonticket

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 10:00:50 AM »

In about a years time I can just hear the complaint from a new resident of the car park flats. "I bought this flat for piece and qiet and its bad enough with the noise from football matches but those drums just drive me mad". Or something similar.
Therefore I think we should solve the problem before we upset our neighbours too much, by banning all musical instruments from matches at Moss Lane.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team