PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team Changes needed, thoughts.......?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Team Changes needed, thoughts.......?  (Read 3754 times)

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Team Changes needed, thoughts.......?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 10:47:36 AM »

All three strikers have an important part to play, and also have contrasting styles. I cannot and will not comment as yet about James Lawrie until I have seen him play.

Reevesie has good positional sense for scoring goals, and is normally a right place at the right time striker. Twiss uses his weight and size more to his advantage this season as a hussle and bussle type forward. His goal against Guisley was down to experience and knowledge of an opposition weakness and poor marking, as Ballers effectively pointed out in his previous response post. It was also poor marking in not spotting Reevsie behind them for the first goal when Twiss' cross came in. My only slight criticism of Reeves' play is that defenders disposess him often, but his positional sense more than makes up for this, and gives him gaols on a regular basis - 4 so far is a good return, it works out an between 24 and 28 over a season based on averages so far. I fail to understand why Reeves and Twiss are still coming in for criticism with their play so far. Both are now good players who have a major role in the clubs success. they are scoring goals on a regular basis with 6 betwwen them so far, so dont break this up. Astley needs 20-30 minutes per game to bring his development on, but he has pace which will burn off most defenders in this league, but his talent is still raw at this level, so he is better used as a sub, but he has to also be patient, as have we.

It is the defence which needs to settle and find the time to develop an understanding between them. The only regular from last season in defence is Ryan Brown. The position is also fairly new to Robbie aside from his captain responsibilities also, as a right back. It will be late September/October before the defenders develop into an efficient unit, where they will then know what one-another is doing and where they should be; and not be out of position. The current style of play and defence appears as a weakness, but it is not. Players just need time to form an understanding with one another. I touched on this in one of my previous 'long posts' on another thread I started.

Get the understanding with the defence sorted, and we will win a lot more games and turn draws into wins also; but for gods sake lets not panic and criticise the team. That is no help. The forwards are scoring goals and are therefore doing their job. The defenders need time to adapt their play and understand each other, so they can cover each others play. This takes a little time!!!!

whopper

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »

I'd rather drop Reeves than Twiss, can't believe people* are so blind to the obvious fact that Twiss has been better than Reeves this season. People are still so quick to use Twiss as a scapegoat for every one of our missed chances.

*Mostly Jacko, I have noticed. Yet also the frequent 'Reeves and Mulholland to start' idea that I have seen quite a bit.
this is the most hilarious load of sh*te ever! Twiss is better than Reeves now!! Oh dear

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 10:57:47 AM »

I'd rather drop Reeves than Twiss, can't believe people* are so blind to the obvious fact that Twiss has been better than Reeves this season. People are still so quick to use Twiss as a scapegoat for every one of our missed chances.

*Mostly Jacko, I have noticed. Yet also the frequent 'Reeves and Mulholland to start' idea that I have seen quite a bit.
this is the most hilarious load of sh*te ever! Twiss is better than Reeves now!! Oh dear
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

if you want me to prove you wrong again jacko you can continue to push this one... however i suggest for your own humility you stop now...

have you suffered some significant head trauma recently?

whopper

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »

if you want me to prove you wrong again jacko you can continue to push this one... however i suggest for your own humility you stop now...

oh is this Mr teddy fringe player, u couldn't prove a kid wrong lad, so u would put twiss in front of Reeves to lol, are we trying to lose? Do u enjoy seeing us slide down the leagues?

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 02:43:15 PM »

oh is this Mr teddy fringe player, u couldn't prove a kid wrong lad, so u would put twiss in front of Reeves to lol, are we trying to lose? Do u enjoy seeing us slide down the leagues?
Your teachers are failures...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:45:33 PM by longsden »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team Changes needed, thoughts.......?