PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bath City next year
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bath City next year  (Read 5723 times)

baldrick

Re: Bath City next year
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2010, 08:15:20 PM »

Maybe the reason its called Highbury is that the ground is on Highbury Avenue ? Just a thought like...

According to their website the address is

Fleetwood Town Football Club
Highbury Stadium
Park Avenue
Fleetwood
Lancashire
FY7 6TX

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 08:19:40 PM »

Thats because they've re-jigged the ground round. I mean £3million worth of improvements is going to change a few things like where offices were situated etc.

Its called Highbury because of the grounds location not an obsession with Arsenal....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »

Do you think Arsenal (or "The Arse" as the great Roy Hodgson once called them on Match of the Day!) copied Fleetwood, realised their mistake and decided to move to the Emirates in case Fleetwood did them for copyright?

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 08:28:44 PM »

Do you think Arsenal (or "The Arse" as the great Roy Hodgson once called them on Match of the Day!) copied Fleetwood, realised their mistake and decided to move to the Emirates in case Fleetwood did them for copyright?
No. Arsenal were called Arsenal because they are originally a south London club from Woolwich. There is still a train station near the old site called Woolwich Arsenal. They moved to the Emirates because there was no room at the old stadium to increase the capacity and they bought the land at Drayton Park cheap as it was a disused coalyard.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 08:32:59 PM »

No. Arsenal were called Arsenal because they are originally a south London club from Woolwich. There is still a train station near the old site called Woolwich Arsenal. They moved to the Emirates because there was no room at the old stadium to increase the capacity and they bought the land at Drayton Park cheap as it was a disused coalyard.

Can someone please lend me a "Whoooosh!"?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 08:39:08 PM »

I'd go for a "CHOMP"
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 08:44:17 PM »

York Alty

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 08:56:54 PM »

for Fleetwood read Gretna two or three season ago.

I fear it will all end in tears.

There is a limit that any club can go to, based upon its solid core support, not the thousands of extras that come out for the cup, or the hundreds of extra that come out if a team is challenging for the top.  You cannot simply build a ground, buy a few players and expect naturally to achieve.  The only club I can thnik of that has done that and stayed around is MK Dons and those circumstances must never be allowed to happen again. 

Tears...tears...tears

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »

baldrick

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2010, 09:15:49 PM »

for Fleetwood read Gretna two or three season ago.

I fear it will all end in tears.

There is a limit that any club can go to, based upon its solid core support, not the thousands of extras that come out for the cup, or the hundreds of extra that come out if a team is challenging for the top.  You cannot simply build a ground, buy a few players and expect naturally to achieve.  The only club I can thnik of that has done that and stayed around is MK Dons and those circumstances must never be allowed to happen again. 

Tears...tears...tears
And Wigan

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2010, 09:19:48 PM »

It could go on and on...

Are Fulham a Premiership team ? Fayed has sold Harrods and Fulham next ?

Wigan can at least say been there done that before dropping back down to League 1...

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2010, 09:24:14 PM »

Fulham's record alone should answer that question, although I agree without Mr Fayed it woudn't have happened. I would be very surprised however if he walked away from Fulham, the bloke is adored by the fans there and it is reciprocal.

l

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2010, 09:30:38 PM »

Fulham's record alone should answer that question, although I agree without Mr Fayed it woudn't have happened. I would be very surprised however if he walked away from Fulham, the bloke is adored by the fans there and it is reciprocal.

l

I dont think he will, I think he'll stick with them.

Did you go and watch them in the Keegan/Coleman era SW ?

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 09:48:24 PM »

It is my son who supports Fulham, so I take him along when I can. The Coleman era when he started to follow them, however they were very hit and miss then. Roy Hodgson has created a great side there, against the odds, its not dissimilar to GH at Alty really, level for level.

Sadly we can't be in Hamburg on Wednesday, as tickets went to season ticket holders very quickly, but as the lad has his year 9 exams perhaps its for the best. I really hope they win but my head feels they may have run out of legs.

The destiny train however is still chugging along.

Come on Fulham.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:02:45 PM by SW »

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 10:25:27 PM »

I thought they moved to the Emirates because it's an anagram of "ARSE TIME".........
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Bath City next year