PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The CSH this Saturday
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The CSH this Saturday  (Read 8129 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: The CSH this Saturday
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 12:21:26 AM »

So Pete

Just to clarify - you'd rather the King George had the benefit of their money than us?

Yes in this instance, I'd put making a point regarding the indignity and humiliation our loyal travelling supporters suffered ahead of six halfs of lager and a bag of crisps. But then again we all know we are a soft touch. I'm quiet aware, it wasn't the barnet supporters, but maybe if they got some of the same they might not just laugh it off and make up bullsh*t excuses such as "Weren't you the lot carrying a mini brewery on your supporters coach and got all upset when the Police found it?" (Our coaches have been dry for two decades) For the disgraceful way we were treated and ask their club to review how they treat people. Their home record speaks for itself, away supporters there get subdued and intimidated to silence, and we are falling over ourselves to be all welcoming,

we might as well throw in a free hand job while we are at it...

Well, you did state earlier that "we are a soft touch"!

Did you contact Barnet's Board of Directors in order to lodge a complaint or have you since raised the matter with the Alty Board?

Barnet's autocratic Chairman strikes me as being someone who simply intimidates his own club's supporters by exiling those whose views he chooses to disagree with, so perhaps the pressure for a radical change to their current inhospitable practices needs to come from outside forces?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 12:34:44 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 08:03:09 AM »

I presume that before the game we will be treated to big screen showings of the DVD of the famous 4-1 match??

Not quite, Ballers.

You've got Macc at Eastleigh instead!

I would come early to watch the 1991 highlights.

I'm astounded it hasn't been planned.

For the record I can't think of a game I'd prefer to watch less than Eastleigh against Macc.

I suppose it's of interest to Barnet supporters though, who of course are more important.

Strangely Ballers, in the real world, outside your microcosm of conspiracy and unreasonableness - NO, it's not. People actually have an interest, whether that be in Macc getting beat, Eastleigh getting beat, both drawing or watching a game at our level rather than the overpaid Premiership drivel (an opportunity which doesn't present itself often)

The 4-1 game is over 20 years ago and, as has been said - they won the League, we didn't and they also nicked Showler off us.

I, for one am happy with the choice, as I will be if the Barnet fans are encouraged to spend their cash in our Bar rather than somewhere else. In fact it might be really nice if a few bob of our fan's dosh  was redirected away from Costello's, weatherspoons and the Station   

The usual complete bollocks. Go on then, who exactly wants to watch our main rivals possibly win and continue their promotion charge? You? Or the hundred Barnet fans setting off at 6am so as to arrive here before one.

It would be good to show the Barnet game and our shared history. Both sets of fans would reminisce, you think that despite the the result they wouldn't enjoy seeing Kenny Lowe, Nicky Evans, Gary Bull etc again, particularly in light of their happy ending?

Weird.

Anyway, to be honest it was just an idea that I thought would appeal to both sets of fans but it' doesn't matter I guess. I think what stoked my indignation was the advertising of the Eastleigh v Macc game as if i /we what to watch it. I can't imagine Maccs social club will be advertising our game at Welling.

Anyway, each to their own. Hoping for a good result in light of Barnet just faltering slightly, think we may just lose by a goal however like last week but we'll see as our home form has been good since Alfreton.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 08:40:07 AM »

So Pete

Just to clarify - you'd rather the King George had the benefit of their money than us?

Yes in this instance, I'd put making a point regarding the indignity and humiliation our loyal travelling supporters suffered ahead of six halfs of lager and a bag of crisps. But then again we all know we are a soft touch. I'm quiet aware, it wasn't the barnet supporters, but maybe if they got some of the same they might not just laugh it off and make up bullsh*t excuses such as "Weren't you the lot carrying a mini brewery on your supporters coach and got all upset when the Police found it?" (Our coaches have been dry for two decades) For the disgraceful way we were treated and ask their club to review how they treat people. Their home record speaks for itself, away supporters there get subdued and intimidated to silence, and we are falling over ourselves to be all welcoming,

I really wish I hadn't read that while on a conference call, with my phone not muted.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 10:37:23 AM »

So Pete

Well, you did state earlier that "we are a soft touch"!

Did you contact Barnet's Board of Directors in order to lodge a complaint or have you since raised the matter with the Alty Board?

Barnet's autocratic Chairman strikes me as being someone who simply intimidates his own club's supporters by exiling those whose views he chooses to disagree with, so perhaps the pressure for a radical change to their current inhospitable practices needs to come from outside forces?

People from the club were in the away end that day. I appreciate the club works bloody hard for every penny, but it seems principle means nothing when a few quid is involved, unless you've not got a tie on.

Beaver

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 03:54:25 PM »

So Pete

Yes in this instance, I'd put making a point regarding the indignity and humiliation our loyal travelling supporters suffered ahead of six halfs of lager and a bag of crisps. But then again we all know we are a soft touch. I'm quiet aware, it wasn't the barnet supporters, but maybe if they got some of the same they might not just laugh it off and make up bullsh*t excuses such as "Weren't you the lot carrying a mini brewery on your supporters coach and got all upset when the Police found it?" (Our coaches have been dry for two decades) For the disgraceful way we were treated and ask their club to review how they treat people. Their home record speaks for itself, away supporters there get subdued and intimidated to silence, and we are falling over ourselves to be all welcoming, we might as well throw in a free hand job while we are at it...

If I wear an orange cardigan will I still get the hand job?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 07:27:53 PM »

So Pete

I really wish I hadn't read that while on a conference call, with my phone not muted.
very very funny I doff my cap to you
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 10:00:15 PM »

I'd be very annoyed if I was made to pay for the actions  of Greater Manchester Police if the tables were turned when I travelled to an away game, seeing as though I have no control over what they do.

**Edit - didn't read the other threads and see that this has been posted about 10 times.

Also with reference to Rocky Robins point on another thread, I would certainly class it as a major incident and in 20 years of coaches I don't ever recall having a coach searched like that during the match for alcohol.

However my opinion stands, Barnet fans should not be held accountable for their local police and stewards terrible actions (whether 2-3 defend it on the internet or not).  Internet forums should also not be taken as what all fans think.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:21:58 PM by markecky »

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2015, 09:19:29 AM »

I would say lets show them how good Northern welcomes are and make them feel at home. Let them come into our social club and enjoy paying below-Northern prices for their beer which actually has a head on it and actually tastes decent, instead of the dross they serve down there which tastes of iron filings.

Me, I will be there with my whippet and flat cap and saying eee by gum when we score.

Would suggest we get behind the team and roar them on to victory, as we seek revenge on the pitch and nowhere else for the earlier defeat and unwarranted treatment of our fans.

THAT is how you get back at them, but above all, don't lower to the level of their stewards/police. Let our good reputation go before us, and theirs go before them!! And lets have some good banter on the terraces, not heard that for quite some time now!!

Jimmy

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 07:10:08 PM »

I presume that before the game we will be treated to big screen showings of the DVD of the famous 4-1 match??

Not quite, Ballers.

You've got Macc at Eastleigh instead!

I would come early to watch the 1991 highlights.

I'm astounded it hasn't been planned.

For the record I can't think of a game I'd prefer to watch less than Eastleigh against Macc.

I suppose it's of interest to Barnet supporters though, who of course are more important.

Strangely Ballers, in the real world, outside your microcosm of conspiracy and unreasonableness - NO, it's not. People actually have an interest, whether that be in Macc getting beat, Eastleigh getting beat, both drawing or watching a game at our level rather than the overpaid Premiership drivel (an opportunity which doesn't present  itself often)

The 4-1 game is over 20 years ago and, as has been said - they won the League, we didn't and they also nicked Showler off us.

I, for one am happy with the choice, as I will be if the Barnet fans are encouraged to spend their cash in our Bar rather than somewhere else. In fact it might be really nice if a few bob of our fan's dosh  was redirected away from Costello's, weatherspoons and the Station   
The people who go in Costellos before the game spend enough in the bar at half time and full time
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 The CSH this Saturday