News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Game

Author Topic: Halifax Game  (Read 3997 times)

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Halifax Game
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:55:30 PM »

After a great effort in the devon double this game is now massive, they have got a very hard set of games after us and  if we beat them it firmly pulls them into the mini league with us Farsley and Weymouth, I really hope we go for it on Tuesday and take the game to them right from the start because the points are there for the taking and will be vital in the run in.

ATTACK EM ALTY!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Halifax Game
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:14:14 PM »

I'm not quite sure about that as they're 8 points clear and they have a very good home record, that in itself will keep them up.

However, I agree that we need to create an atmosphere and push on and give it a go. We've got 3 games at home now against 3 'non title chasing' sides. Picking up points here is absolutely imperative. I'd say a minimum of 5 in fact, also Weymouth are at home to Farsley a week on Tuesday.

I would suggest by then that we need a cushion that will absorb any pointas they may pick up in their games in hand on us.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 07:42:05 PM »

Could be right there but they have got a tough run in....

Alty365

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:54:23 AM »

I think anything less than 6 points from these games would be a disaster to be honest and we should be looking to win all three. After two games where we (quite correctly) adopted a cautious approach we should now look to attack the next three teams we play and play with uninhibited confidence. The next week and a half will define our season.

shefalty

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 05:18:37 AM »

I think anything less than 6 points from these games would be a disaster to be honest and we should be looking to win all three.

I hope none of the players read this site because thats alot of pressure being put on their shoulders at a tough time of the season. I don't think anything less than 6 points would be a disaster.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:01:07 AM »

GH knows what is required, as do the players.

Come on Alty

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:52:22 AM »

I think anything less than 6 points from these games would be a disaster to be honest and we should be looking to win all three.

I hope none of the players read this site because thats alot of pressure being put on their shoulders at a tough time of the season. I don't think anything less than 6 points would be a disaster.

I think what Alty365366 is getting at is that our run in gets ahrder after these 3 home games. If we are to pick up a couple of wins from somewhere then it really ought to be from these 3 games. And we do need a couple of wins, somewhere we need another 16 points, won't get them by drawing.

Alty365

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 01:48:34 PM »

Ok then, we can afford to lose all of our next three games because we're certainly going to beat the likes of Aldershot and Burton away from home. In fact there is no pressure on the players at all - we are as good as safe already.

Why live in cloud cuckoo land? This stage of the season is all about harsh realities and I firmly believe our players have the mettle to deal with it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 01:59:19 PM by Alty365 »

Longman

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 01:57:22 PM »

I think anything less than 6 points from these games would be a disaster to be honest and we should be looking to win all three. After two games where we (quite correctly) adopted a cautious approach we should now look to attack the next three teams we play and play with uninhibited confidence. The next week and a half will define our season.

Spot on Alty365.

lukealty12

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »

This may of been mentiond, but is toulson avaliable to play on tuesday due to the loan deal?

Longman

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 12:15:59 PM »

Good question about Toulson, i'm not sure!???

Lets hope we can get a crowd similar to the Farsley game, we need to make some noise and create and atmosphere, we NEED 3 points!

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 01:04:10 PM »

Wasn't it this time last year we were dead and buried. Then we stuffed Cambridge 5-0. That gave us the confidence to win 4 of the next 5 games. A similar run would do me very nicely.
They really should be beating teams like us

Dougals Dad

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »

Wasn't it this time last year we were dead and buried. Then we stuffed Cambridge 5-0. That gave us the confidence to win 4 of the next 5 games. A similar run would do me very nicely.

That was a game and a half!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Halifax Game