News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tomorrow's Game

Author Topic: Tomorrow's Game  (Read 2858 times)

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Tomorrow's Game
« on: April 04, 2010, 09:48:55 AM »

Morning all,

Are you all set for tomorrow?

Heavy rain forecast here in York tomorrow unfortunately, which is bad news for using our open away terrace. As you will all know the bar at the ground welcomes away supporters for a few pints before the game but, if you fancy a pub near the ground rather than the social club, there is the Burton Stone round the corner and the Exhibition, Bootham Tavern and White Horse down Bootham about 5 minutes walk from the ground. Programmes are £3 and are a bit rubbish in my opinion, although the last one was better. As you may have read, our pitch isn't in a very good state and we have not won at home in the league since 16th January when we defeated Hayes & Yeading 4-1.

Finally, if you're into nostalgia, the following links show all our previous games in the Conference at Bootham Crescent in recent years:

Season 2005-2006
Season 2006-2007
Season 2007-2008
Season 2008-2009

Have a good trip.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Tomorrow's Game
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:32:20 AM »

Morning all,

Are you all set for tomorrow?

Heavy rain forecast here in York tomorrow unfortunately, which is bad news for using our open away terrace. As you will all know the bar at the ground welcomes away supporters for a few pints before the game but, if you fancy a pub near the ground rather than the social club, there is the Burton Stone round the corner and the Exhibition, Bootham Tavern and White Horse down Bootham about 5 minutes walk from the ground. Programmes are £3 and are a bit rubbish in my opinion, although the last one was better. As you may have read, our pitch isn't in a very good state and we have not won at home in the league since 16th January when we defeated Hayes & Yeading 4-1.

Finally, if you're into nostalgia, the following links show all our previous games in the Conference at Bootham Crescent in recent years:

Season 2005-2006
Season 2006-2007
Season 2007-2008
Season 2008-2009

Have a good trip.

Which makes Skybet's 5-1 odds for an Alty away win look even more tempting.

If you're not feeling that confident then it's 11-4 the draw ?

In the words of Clint Eastwood - 'Are you feeling lucky ? (Punk)'

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »

Im going to run you all over that pub that does the large selection of pies,if we'd beaten the bottom 3 at home instead of drawing with them,and hung on for under a minute at stevenage and mansfield and not blown it from being well in control at eastbourne and fgr,then tomorrow wud be the battle for the last playoff spot 

markecky

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 12:44:31 PM »

I think it would have been close but the fact that York have had a weekend off and we already look tired will mean that  we'll do well to get a draw I fear.

We'll still have a stress free afternoon though!

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:49:17 PM »

It really does depend on what side Foyle puts out tomorrow because we've got a home game with AFC Wimbledon 2 days later which, if we win, that's the play-offs secured.

I reckon draw tomorrow, then we will beat AFCW on Wednesday.

JonnyKeen

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 01:41:12 PM »

Heavy rain and pitch in poor condition? Is there any chance it will be postponed?  :-\

Heffer

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »

I am looking forward to my pie

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »

Season 2007-2008

i love how Ballers taps the ref on the shoulder at the end.

YorkyAlty

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »

Hi Phil

Me and Sian are in the box with Craig and Frid at al, will prob see you sometime!

Dave

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2010, 12:15:54 AM »

Im going to run you all over that pub that does the large selection of pies,if we'd beaten the bottom 3 at home instead of drawing with them,and hung on for under a minute at stevenage and mansfield and not blown it from being well in control at eastbourne and fgr,then tomorrow wud be the battle for the last playoff spot 

There's SEVEN "if" situations in there ! Hughes is a name of Welsh origin - a case of Saunderitis ?

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 03:19:00 AM »

Of all the 'big name' Conference sides that have come down from the League, I want York back up, and not just because of Phil!!! Their club recognises they are down here for the right reasons (f**ked over yes, but sh*t on the pitch), and have slowly built themselves back up.I hope we can get get the win tomoro, they beat Wimbledon on Wednesday to secure their play off beth and win it.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Tomorrow's Game