News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham sign Andy Mangan

Author Topic: Wrexham sign Andy Mangan  (Read 3898 times)

baldrick

Wrexham sign Andy Mangan
« on: June 22, 2009, 05:03:39 PM »

That should please the FGR haters on here.

Dougals Dad

Re: Wrexham sign Andy Mangan
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:55:01 AM »

FGR for relegation: especially if Jim Harvey gets the Chester City manager job. I believe there is a mutual interest.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 12:12:31 PM »

Is Mangan not about to get a lengthy ban............betting on a game he played in ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 05:40:16 PM »

Without Harvey FGR will struggle and I would bet on them to go down.
However I remember some clown on this forum saying I was stupid this time last year when I predicted the bottom 4 as Vics, Lewes, Woking and Eastbourne (and it wasnt a Vics stalker either). He even said Vics would be challenging for a play-off spot.
Didnt that betting issue also involve several Accrington players? and I think its a couple of months since it hit the press. Seems like something else that has or will be swept under the carpet.

fgrfan

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »

Has he? Fantastic!! That means a heavy tribunal/development fee for being under the age of 24 and having been offered a contract. That should make up for any lost money from Setanta, especially as we made £125k for Fleetwood going to Charlton last summer  :P We're in the money!!

Seriously though he hasn't signed. He has spoken to various different clubs, a contract is on the table but because he has recently had a child he wants a wage increase however we don't want to go anywhere out of anything that we can afford. But if he decides to leave and we get another heavy transfer fee or if he decides to stay then with him and David Brown teaming up again a fantastic opportunity for FGR to have a third successful golden boot winner three seasons in a row  :)

And Jim Harvey going to Chester? Well they'll have to pay a compensation fee as well for the rest of his contract so we'll have that money too  :P Although obviously primarily we would like him to stay. But he was wanted by Oxford, by Northwich, by Stevenage infact by about everybody so I see no reason why he would choose to jump ship when pre season training starts this morning. Add to that as a manager I would rather start on 0 points on a par with all the other teams rather than -10 points.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:42:42 AM by fgrfan »

markecky

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »

Has he? Fantastic!! That means a heavy tribunal/development fee for being under the age of 24 and having been offered a contract. That should make up for any lost money from Setanta, especially as we made £125k for Fleetwood going to Charlton last summer  :P We're in the money!!

Seriously though he hasn't signed. He has spoken to various different clubs, a contract is on the table but because he has recently had a child he wants a wage increase however we don't want to go anywhere out of anything that we can afford. But if he decides to leave and we get another heavy transfer fee or if he decides to stay then with him and David Brown teaming up again a fantastic opportunity for FGR to have a third successful golden boot winner three seasons in a row  :)

And Jim Harvey going to Chester? Well they'll have to pay a compensation fee as well for the rest of his contract so we'll have that money too  :P Although obviously primarily we would like him to stay. But he was wanted by Oxford, by Northwich, by Stevenage infact by about everybody so I see no reason why he would choose to jump ship when pre season training starts this morning. Add to that as a manager I would rather start on 0 points on a par with all the other teams rather than -10 points.

arsed

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 09:11:46 PM »

arsed
LOL  ;D

fgrfan

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 02:01:39 AM »

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Wrexham sign Andy Mangan