PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Barrow
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Graham Barrow  (Read 9925 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Graham Barrow
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 11:51:37 AM »

Jun 17 2009 Liverpool Daily Post
 Former CHESTER CITY manager Graham Barrow is expected to join Wigan as reserve team manager in the next few days.

:(
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jenga

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »

Oh dear oh dear.

I hope we have some one lined up to replace him who likes to play attacking football.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 12:36:36 PM »

I think it's in everyone's best interests if this all gets concluded as quickly as possible. Hopefully we will be able to bring in someone who has been as good for the team as GB has been. Nobody is irreplacable but this is certainly a blow.

Come on Alty!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »

If true this is sad news for the club because it is no coincidence that the improvement in football played has improved since Graham Barrow has been at the club. However great news for Graham and we should all wish him good luck. I cant understand where the clamour for Mark Maddox comes from though, yes he was a good club servant but we need a coach with experience and proven ability or we may start to move slowly backwards.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 01:34:59 PM »

Indeed sad news and a big blow to the club, I was fortunate to have a chat with him prior to a home game towards the end of last season for a few minutes and found him really knowledgable and a nice guy...

Good luck Graham with you venture into the big time at Wigan. I am certain that you will do a great job. Come back and see the Alty when you get the chance..

Best wishes

Ray

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 02:03:23 PM »

Very bad new for Alty. GB has been a great servant both as a player and in his current role and will be a loss to us. Nevertheless, all the very best of luck to him if he does go to Wigan ... as has been said above, send a few youngsters our way!

(He also provided a bit of a giggle when he was player/managing Chester against us in the FA cup and had a 'wrestle' with Paladino! ::))

Perhaps this could be Colin Little's chance to move into a player/coach role. What do others think?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 04:29:01 PM »

My only concern about Colin Little becoming assistant manager would be his lack of any previous experience in such a role. However, if he proved to be as influential in that role as he's been as a player that would be amazing. Another advantage as pointed out to me by a fellow supporter the other day is that he is already on the wage bill and would cut down on expenditure. This could potentially allow more money for new players.

It is vital that we make the right appointment in order that we can continue the steady progress of last season.

EDIT: It's been mentioned on the BBC website about him going to Wigan as well now   http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8105620.stm
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:32:43 PM by ALTY 1981 »
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 07:02:03 PM »

If true this is sad news for the club because it is no coincidence that the improvement in football played has improved since Graham Barrow has been at the club. However great news for Graham and we should all wish him good luck. I cant understand where the clamour for Mark Maddox comes from though, yes he was a good club servant but we need a coach with experience and proven ability or we may start to move slowly backwards.

At the risk of being accused of insulting Colin Little again......

Mark Maddox has taken and passed a substantial number of his coaching badges and is currently in charge of Accringtons Academy so he does have some experience.

I work with a woman whose son has done the rounds of the Academies and said that Mad Dog is the best coach he's encountered at any of them despite the fact that he'd just told him he wouldn't make it.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 07:44:24 PM »

Would you like ketchup or brown sauce for that chip on your shoulder?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 08:08:38 PM »

Would you like ketchup or brown sauce for that chip on your shoulder?

It's not only that - there is nothing remotely insulting (or otherwise) about Colin Little in his post!
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 09:35:56 PM »

It's known as irony chaps!

Just proof that I do have a sense of humour...but never mind eh?

markecky

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 10:03:25 PM »

First American to grasp concept of irony
by Volker Weber

Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony.

"It was weird" Fullmer said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather eh?" and I thought - "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather".

Fullmer then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.

Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony himself in future.

"I'm, like, using it all the time" he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks, and I burned them, and I said "Hey, great weather."

Dougals Dad

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 10:24:46 PM »

;D

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 10:59:37 PM »

Really made me laugh that. Have a goodwin

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 01:01:04 PM »

It's known as irony chaps!

I believe you can get an ointment for that.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Graham Barrow