News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Left side

Author Topic: Left side  (Read 1504 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Left side
« on: August 19, 2007, 11:13:46 AM »

After yesterday it's clear that O'Neill is not a left winger (not his position I know) so how about playing Whalley out wide? He doesn't look 100% fit yet but with his sion and cultured left foot I think he would created chances for whoever play's up front.

On the subjuect of yesterday the linesman and referee were dreafull, but you can't concede 3 goals in the first 5mins of both halves and hope to get anything out the game. Munro and Tinson haven't clicked yet, but given a couple more games I think they will. Good to see Peyton back even though it looked like it was his first game of the season.

As it's free scoring Grays on Sat I think it going to be a big test of our defences.

Full time and proud of it

Daycare Dan

Re: Left side
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »

I agree Joe is not a left winger, but we had this conversation on the coach on the way down. 'Cote was playing 4-5-1 when we did not have the ball and 4-3-3 when we did. That's my interpretation of playing Senior, Joe and Little together. This formation worked last season (Morcambe, Stevenage et al) no reason it wont work again. I'm not sure Whalley has the legs to play out on the wing, I'd like to see him play just ahead of Owen and Jake, playing balls into the forwards.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Left side