PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why do people still give GH stick???
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Why do people still give GH stick???  (Read 7349 times)

RocketDan

Re: Why do people still give GH stick???
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2011, 09:14:44 PM »

People make mistakes - even Alex Ferguson signed Djemba Djemba.

GH made a mistake and lost his job because of it. Payout or not, it was nothing that he wasn't contractually obliged to with the club.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2011, 09:17:27 PM »

Graham was a great servant of this club.....end of.

Lets concentrate on the future, its all that matters.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2011, 10:31:58 AM »

Graham was a great servant of this club.....end of.

Lets concentrate on the future, its all that matters.

Spot on

people had issues with Graham even when we were flying some peoples obsession with keep bringing his name up is pathetic

Move on get over it
ParkINson's red and white army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »

GH doesn't really get much stick on here to be honest.

He gets mentioned because a lot of the problems that we find ourselves with now are related to his final few months at the club, signing Twiss on a 2 year contract, failing to sign adequate players in the summer, being de-motivated (for vary reasons, some understandable, some less so).

If you really wanted to go on about it you could, possibly in the summer eh? But I don't think he gets much stick on here at all.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »

All our energies at the present time should be concentrated on the next 4 games and getting behind Altrincham FC. Nothing else is relevant.
Come on Alty!

Lew Needham

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »

I agree, it isn't the right time at all but if people are really angry about him taking a payout i can't understand as he has a family and a house to support. From what i know he hasn't got another job since.

I spoke to Graham recently and he told me he is still in touch with Ken and the club. At the end of the day for all his faults (and he has a few :)) he has Alty in his heart and he gave a lot to the club and doesn't deserve any hatred towards him.

As Wayne says though its time to move on and get behind Kenny at Fleetwood on Sat!

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »

This is just a silly question...
This

Butty

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2011, 05:09:36 PM »

Ridiculous thread considering the position we are currently,we will have three months to argue over this crap soon enough.For money graham should have stepped down in the summer after guiding us to his highest conference finish,he didnt,he went 3 months to late,worry about saturday,not the past.If you wonder why we are going to have such a hefty defecit,it doesnt take a financial wizz kid to work it out,but thats for another day

I didn't see a thread of yours entitled Heathcote out last June.
I don't see why people still really hate him, he didn't deliberately burn the entire ground down or anything. He also didn't build up a massive debt by buying players he couldn't afford and having a 50 man squad.
We said all the time that we would prefer to be relegated than buy in a squad that we realistically couldn't afford- and as the times change and more and more money is splashed about in non league football, our playing budget can't afford what it could a few years back.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »

Why would i put a thread up championing for the manager to go when we had just finished 15th? You could see that eventually it would catch up with us no matter who was the manager,and what better way to pass the baton on than with your highest placed finish.We arent in the position to have a fergie that could completely rebuild a new side and still compete.As for payoffs i dont think any manager should get one,if your not performing in any sphere of life,you lose your job,and you dont receive a payoff

markecky

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »

Have I missed a load of hate filled posts against him since he left?   There was disquiet as we lost 6 games on the run and he then made us endure that terrible fans meeting.  I get the impression most fans get pissed off when they lose 6 on the run.

Since then, there has not been much talk of him outside of the odd "he signed poor players" and "why was Twiss given two years?"

As I said most people have kept their opinions, both good and bad to themselves and focused on supporting the current management team.

Jacko

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2011, 06:08:27 PM »

hindsight is a wonderful thing ;) in retrospect i do regret putting the question on here as it riles certain fans, but its done now so cant change the past.

however it was not meant to winde up or piss anyone off, it is what it is, and this is a forum, we are fans we debate decisions and support the team,however talk is cheap players know this, we never influence the teams performance from the forum in my opinion, u guys do a great job at all games singing however.

one thing that dissapoints me is why are we being so pedantic, someone actually tryed to belittle me by changing my spelling of U to YOU!!
cringeworthy.

lastly on the subject i bumped into an ex alty player today on the way to work and he did mention heathcoates work ethic and the fact that only the players and staff can really judge GH's manegement, and they would all say he deserved a pay off as that was his F/T job.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2011, 06:23:14 PM »

I reckon the debate on the Merits and failures of GH should if necessary be discussed once this campaign is over... The fact that we really need about 8 or 9 points from our last 4 games is a much more pressing and important issue than the opinions of GH right now..

If we escape the drop and stay up then I fancy the talk on GH will simply fade away

Cmon ALTY...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why do people still give GH stick???