PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Why do people still give GH stick???
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why do people still give GH stick???  (Read 7351 times)

Jacko

« on: April 12, 2011, 05:18:18 PM »

would just like to know what exactly he has done to offend some of the fans maybe i dont know something

At the end of the day the guy lost the job he loved and he didnt seem the same at the start of the season maybe becuase of personal circumstances,

its as if if he did something really bad like try and burn the posts down before he left or something??? his signings on the whole were'nt that bad,  ok he signed a duck egg in twiss but in reeves and joseph he found good quality fighting spirit,the performances were such a transition from the more free flowing football the season before it just looked awefull to watch a new team clueless, now KM has turned it around and got the players fighting and its great,but GH had a lot to do with building it, after all he was the greatest man in history once!!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:21:43 PM by Jacko »

markecky

Re: Why do people still give GH stick???
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:24:16 PM »

Not really a conversation that is needed to be had now really is it Jacko?  Can't see much positive energy coming from it or it helping galvanise people for Fleetwood.

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:37:54 PM »

Left us with a load of terrible players and refused to leave until he got a massive pay off? We're probably going to get relegated because of his actions.
which (load) of terrible players? are u sure about the big pay off?

Jacko

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 05:42:09 PM »

Not really a conversation that is needed to be had now really is it Jacko?  Can't see much positive energy coming from it or it helping galvanise people for Fleetwood.
why not its not going to effect the players on the pitch? gh wants km to do well,i bet he's made up were up their fighting again,why is it negative to ask why people still slag him off??

joe

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 05:49:26 PM »

Which bad players did he sign? Are you for real Jacko?! I will give you the names of Holsgrove,Holmes,McCready and Twiss to start with!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »

would just like to know what exactly he has done to offend some of the fans

maybe i dont know something

Well, that's one part of your message that I can certainly agree with.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jacko

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 05:58:20 PM »

Which bad players did he sign? Are you for real Jacko?! I will give you the names of Holsgrove,Holmes,McCready and Twiss to start with!
4!! other teams ala vics have had 56 players this season!!!

Jacko

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »

would just like to know what exactly he has done to offend some of the fans

maybe i dont know something

Well, that's one part of your message that I can certainly agree with.

so what is it i dont know about this? enlighten me

tut tut ask a question on here and people start trying to belittle sad times
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:01:39 PM by Jacko »

bumble

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 06:03:42 PM »

This is just a silly question...

Jacko

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 06:07:34 PM »

did u used to sing the GH song too then? thought so
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:09:06 PM by Jacko »

markecky

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 06:11:35 PM »

I'd love to think that you just wanted an answer to the question Jacko.

Actually you just want whats happening before this post and after this post for some reason.

You light fireworks and then sit back and watch the results.

I'm saying we can talk all summer about Mr Altrincham.  Threads like this cause bad feeling and division which is really what we dont need right now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:15:10 PM by markecky »

Jacko

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 06:15:59 PM »

I'd love to think that you just wanted an answer the question Jacko.

Actually you just want whats happening before this post and after this post for some reason.

You light fireworks and then sit back and watch the results.

I'm saying we can talk all summer about Mr Altrincham.  Threads like this cause bad feeling and division which is really what we dont need right now.
ecky ...why am i being misunderstood here? there is no underlying reason other than just wanting to know why people continue to mention him all the time, people use the question and turn it into me trying to get a rise etc, i genuinely thought GH must of done something i didnt know about to get all this greif!

bumble

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »

*you
If by "song" you mean give credit where it was due...then of course i did, most supporters in the club will agree heathcote did well up untill the start of the season....
when others called for his head, i still believed he could turn it around. But even he (in a few years) may admit he got it wrong.
But you asked why does he get stick. The reason he does is because he got us into the mess. He failed to bring in adequate additions for us to push on.
If we stay up, and everything is sunny, people may give him less stick, and remember what he did, but like everything else in football, his reputation has been tarnished with the first 9 games of the season.
 But for now he deserves the stick, and whatever hes done in the past is rightly being overshaddowed by the major mess we are currently in....maybe your next question will be "why are we worried about relegation we're in 22nd...." "Why are people bothered about the conference north...it might be fun"

finnquark

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »

Cut Jacko some slack. I know that we're in a real struggle at the moment, and we need to focus on trying to stay up, but there's no need for an agenda on the forum. If Jacko was trying to provoke a response, which I'm not sure he is, then why take the rise? Just answer the (legitimate) question if you can. I'm not trying to start an argument either.

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 06:25:11 PM »

*you
If by "song" you mean give credit where it was due...then of course i did, most supporters in the club will agree heathcote did well up untill the start of the season....
when others called for his head, i still believed he could turn it around. But even he (in a few years) may admit he got it wrong.
But you asked why does he get stick. The reason he does is because he got us into the mess. He failed to bring in adequate additions for us to push on.
If we stay up, and everything is sunny, people may give him less stick, and remember what he did, but like everything else in football, his reputation has been tarnished with the first 9 games of the season.
 But for now he deserves the stick, and whatever hes done in the past is rightly being overshaddowed by the major mess we are currently in....maybe your next question will be "why are we worried about relegation we're in 22nd...." "Why are people bothered about the conference north...it might be fun"

thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team