+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Eastleigh vs Alty match thread

Poll

What will the result be?

Eastleigh win
Alty win
Draw

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eastleigh vs Alty match thread  (Read 6075 times)

AltyFan101

« on: October 08, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »

Looking forward to the game this Saturday, another challenging contest for the lads which will give us even more of an insight into how competitive we are against some of the teams near the top of the league.  I'm not expecting a win but a good performance would be great, we showed glimpses of the team we can be on Wednesday, it's just about maintaining that level for the 90 and tidying up a few defensive shortfalls.

A few Eastleigh players to keep an eye on are their wingers House (scored three in two games) and Bell-Baggie (very quick and good at 1-on-1s) and also their big target man Barnett.  A very dangerous player is Sam Smart who plays wing back and is extremely good at crossing the ball and he is also very quick down that right hand side but could leave space in behind for the likes of Ceesay/Kosylo/Peers/Miller.  Miley and Payne are their central midfielders and they are both very good defensively and offensively.  They aren't the best team when it comes to defending and we will have our chances on Saturday - just need to take them!

I can see us shuffling the team around a little bit (as I am sure Eastleigh will) because three games in eight days at the very start of the season is very demanding at the best of the times but especially off the back of playing the best team in non-league.  How does everyone think we will line up?

that man showler

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Eastleigh vs Alty match thread
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 11:10:44 PM »

2-1 defeat unfortunately
The sooner we can sign a top striker to replace Hulme the better.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 12:37:52 AM »

I don't see us getting anything out of this unfortunately. 0-2

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 06:57:45 AM »

I will go for a cheeky draw 1-1

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 12:01:58 PM »

I think, much like the Notts games, there will be some positives to take from the game - and no need to hit the panic button just yet.

Goals might start to become an issue - and it's crucial we have Mooney from the start, who's turned into such a key player for us.

1-0 defeat.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 12:41:08 PM »

Until we find a suitable striker I would start Hancock as a 9 as he can keep hold of the ball.
Kosylo as the no.10 with Mooney and Ceesay out wide.
I would push Toby alongside Moult and drop Williams for this one.
Then put Sutton alongside Hannigan with Hampson LB.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2020, 01:04:28 PM »

Until we find a suitable striker I would start Hancock as a 9 as he can keep hold of the ball.
I agree.
In fact that was my pick for the Notts County game.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyFan101

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2020, 04:51:02 PM »

I like the sound of that team but I'd maybe put Ceesay up top and shift Kosylo out wide to make room for Hanks in the 10 because I feel his technical quality is wasted elsewhere.  I would also consider Senior for Densmore as well as Hampson for White, 1) for squad rotation and 2) I don't think Densmore or White either had great games on Wednesday and Senior's pace could be vital against the previously mentioned Bell-Baggie.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 05:23:17 PM »

I will go for a cheeky draw 1-1

Decent shout Ray. A point well won, though I thought Eastleigh were bang average. Mullarkey my MOM again. Payne should have seen red for the foul on Willo. I thought both our penalty shouts were a tad optimistic.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »

I thought we gave as good as we got. Looked very comfortable apart from five minutes before half time.
I'd like to think we are in a false position in the league at the moment.
A bit concerned about Ceesay's fitness. Hope it's just lack of game time.

Good TV coverage although I think I'm on first name terms with that scaffold pole by now.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 05:36:24 PM »

I don't think Eastleigh were average; they'd scored 7 in their first two games! I thought we played really well and not for the first time I was surprised at how comfortable we look against supposedly better opposition. Mullarky was amazing AGAIN but so was young Senior, who was a revelation. Williams ran the game until he was cynically taken out by Payne and Tom Peers used his strength magnificently against two massive centre halves.
Yes, we do need a number 9 and probably now a loan replacement for Willo, who looks like he'll miss a number of games. But, we were jolly decent today, played some lovely passing football and really didn't look a bit out of place.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 05:45:04 PM »

I thought we were ok today , yes a bit lightweight up front but I’m sure that is top priority for sorting out.
So far we have played decent against two of the higher rated teams in this league and I’m confident we will cope with the competition that has to come.

Agree with Phil that the foul on Willo was a nasty one and deserved Red.

The streaming wasn’t good when I routed it through the the tv but much better through my tablet.
Commentators were ok but wouldn’t swap them for our lads at RR & Alty TV.

Onwards & Upwards.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »

We played well, had a unlucky 5 mins in the first, blatant push on Hancock who won the header and then lose Williams 5 mins later who was playing really well.

Continue to be impressed with Kosylo and Malarkey. I thought both Sutton and Senior did well.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 06:12:46 PM »

I agree.
In fact that was my pick for the Notts County game.

I still firmly stand by my own suggestion from before the Notts County game; Hancock at 9 and Willo at 10, who I think is underestimated by some on this forum (was excellent today before his injury). Mullarkey alongside Moult, and Sutton alongside Hannigan, would give us a solid spine and give us good ball retention too.

As daft as it sounds after scoring our goal, Ceesay frustrates the life out of me; he can't trap a bag of cement and the suggestion to play him up top is bizarre. I think he'd be much better as our trump card, an impact sub against tired legs. Kosylo and Mooney to start.

ianpickles

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 06:29:13 PM »

Anyone else go for Radio Robins today rather than TV? A huge thanks to the RR team who were fabulous and really got a brilliant atmosphere into their commentary! AND what a wonderful performance by our team. Good reports from all over the pitch from what our commentators said.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team