PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reduced admission prices for the FA Trophy replay at Macc next Thursday
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reduced admission prices for the FA Trophy replay at Macc next Thursday  (Read 6075 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Reduced admission prices for the FA Trophy replay at Macc next Thursday
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »

Decent reduction to £10 an adult and U18's free.

That will be 3 of us going then.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 05:40:27 PM »

I think this makes sense, because I suspect both sides will play weakened teams because of their New Year's Day matches. I for one would rather give the key players 6 days' rest before the FCUM away game. Team selection for this match may also give us a clue as to how the current managerial team see the rest of the season - if they aim to make a real fight of it, again I suspect we will field a sub-strength team. We shall see.....

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 06:20:51 PM »

Said I would never return after the defeat and mini bus ambush last season
ParkINson's red and white army

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 07:24:03 PM »

I think this makes sense, because I suspect both sides will play weakened teams because of their New Year's Day matches. I for one would rather give the key players 6 days' rest before the FCUM away game. Team selection for this match may also give us a clue as to how the current managerial team see the rest of the season - if they aim to make a real fight of it, again I suspect we will field a sub-strength team. We shall see.....

The obvious flippant remark there is to suggest that we have been fielding a weakened team on a regular basis since 6th August!

Just out of curiosity, which individuals do you regard as being our "key players" to rest?

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2016, 08:25:08 PM »

[/quote]

The obvious flippant remark there is to suggest that we have been fielding a weakened team on a regular basis since 6th August!

Just out of curiosity, which individuals do you regard as being our "key players" to rest?

[/quote]

Fair question. Hannigan because he is injury prone and our best player. Densmore because I don't think he could play 3 matches in a week yet. Miller because he is our best attacker. Clee gets a rest anyway because he is cup tied. They would be the main candidates for me.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »

I think the answer to the Hannigan problem is to tell him to f**king man up and earn his corn or leave in January quite frankly.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »

I think the answer to the Hannigan problem is to tell him to f**king man up and earn his corn or leave in January quite frankly.

disagree ,hes probably our best player

The Sound of Silence

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 10:14:31 PM »

Strongly disagree - think he is definitely our best player, think the management knows that and is treating him with kid gloves. They wanted him to come off 15 minutes before he actually did on Tuesday. We haven't got enough players of his quality that we can afford to cast them to the 4 winds.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 11:19:01 PM »

Fair enough.

Tell him he's playing well, accept it as one one those things when he gets 'injured' every 3 weeks and don't worry about the reorganisation involved and the messages it sends out to the other players about being up for a battle when he hobbles off with a twinge or whatever.

I'm sure we can cope without stability and we can overcome conceding 2/3 goals per game.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »

It's a bit of a double edged sword really. You could say he's puutting out the message that you shouldn't play like him because you'll get injured but what we need is commitment . Shaun Miller was fully commited against Tamworth until one of their defenders decided to crock him. It was the only way they could cope with him  running at them.

If I thought we were going to see another Kyle Perry second half scenario I'd go like a shot. That was easily Kyle's greatest "hour" for us. Macc were lucky to hang on 

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 12:48:12 AM »

We should play our strongest possible side at Macc otherwise we might as well withdraw from the competition.
They really should be beating teams like us

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 12:49:12 AM »

why would you play a weakened side in the trophy the league season is over.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 05:47:52 AM »

We should play our strongest available X1 we are not in a position to be resting players. Relegated regardless and out of the trophy in the first round, no thanks. Plus these 3 and 4 thousand quids you pick up for winning these games could go some way to compensate for the massive drop in income that's on the horizon. We need to amass as much as we can financially now to make sure we have absolutely no hint of "we can't compete with the likes of chasetown and Romulus" when the dust settles. If we go in to that league cowtowing we might as not bother.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 08:53:18 AM »

Does he not get injured because he's thrown my himself on the line for the cause constantly? Maybe if others were doing the same he could lower his risk a bit.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Reduced admission prices for the FA Trophy replay at Macc next Thursday