PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Stockport Sports
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Team for Stockport Sports  (Read 6070 times)

markecky

Re: Team for Stockport Sports
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 02:47:43 PM »

Don't the Cheshire FA make us charge the normal full price?

Following up on my apology to Jim I know apologise to you mate.  My Cheshire Cup knowledge is clearly dreadful.

Just found the rules online and they state:

CUP TIE CHARGES AND EXPENSES

The minimum charge in all cup ties shall be £5.00 or the amount charged for first team games of the home club.

We probably got fined or something for it being a tenner.

The two clubs should be allowed to agree a fee.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »

does clee's suspension not count for csc ?

Alty_best

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »

To those who put Adam for the starting line on Tuesday Adam has left the club

roytonmike

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »

All those who would have been subs yesterday, or are likely to be next Saturday should play, plus the reserve keeper, plus any other squad members (e.g. Smikle?). Beyond that it depends how seriously the management takes the competition.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:57:32 PM by roytonmike »

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 03:25:02 PM »

The minimum charge in all cup ties shall be £5.00 or the amount charged for first team games of the home club.

Where do they get off on having this ridiculously naive pricing policy?

It's a poorly attended competition at the best of times, so a bit of common sense would tell you that allowing clubs to drop their normal prices to a fiver might at least bring a few more people through the gate. I'm sorry, but this competition has had its day. In the 60's we used to get literally thousands of people attending CSC matches, but those days aren't coming back.

I just hope we don't pick up any injuries or suspensions, because that would be the final insult.

Come on Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »

Why play a weakened team at all? They missed their game yesterday and would all be in Altrincham for training anyway on a Tuesday, and after last Tuesday the defence needs to work on their organisation and discipline. We should also be aiming to win every competition we enter. We haven't earned the right to be choosy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 03:28:22 PM »

May I be the first to suggest this should be a pre-season competition
Full time and proud of it

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 03:30:31 PM »

May I be the first to suggest this should be a pre-season competition

Joking aside, I used to think this, but I now just feel that it's a full-on farce of a competition and it needs scrapping.
Come on Alty!

Pat

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »

Why play a weakened team at all? They missed their game yesterday and would all be in Altrincham for training anyway on a Tuesday, and after last Tuesday the defence needs to work on their organisation and discipline. We should also be aiming to win every competition we enter. We haven't earned the right to be choosy.
spot on

we arrange pointless friendlies when we have blank Saturdays due to exiting cups early on, so why would you rest players in the CSC when you just had a postponement?

roytonmike

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »

Am I being dense? - it doesn't say 'whichever is the higher', so surely it would be quite OK for us to charge £5 admission.

Pat

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2014, 04:04:28 PM »

Am I being dense? - it doesn't say 'whichever is the higher', so surely it would be quite OK for us to charge £5 admission.
yes we did against Witton three years ago

York Alty

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2014, 04:09:33 PM »

The CSC has lost much of its value over the decades.  It either changes fundamentally, or it continues to wither.  

The Cheshire FA can continue to park their head in the sand, but that's not going to work.

A pre-season competition is one suggestion, though we don't want all our PSFs to be against that level of opponent, more value to be had V Burnley etc.

Allow Skrill Prem and North clubs to not enter would be another option, but the FA would see that as hastening its demise.

Not an easy answer, but so as long as it is running we should be using it to give players a game, use it to bring injured players back etc.  Winning it is nice, but I'd swap for a playoff spot. Who wouldn't?

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »

Trouble is you have to enter the Cheshire Senior Cup to be able to enter the FA Cup and FA Trophy.
They really should be beating teams like us

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2014, 04:58:56 PM »

Indeed, this policy is ambiguously worded. I am pretty certain it means that the minimum is a fiver, unless you normally charge 4 quid or something, in which case it's 4 quid. I don't think we ever charged full entry for these games, and surely even the Cheshire FA wouldn't be naive enough to expect Crewe Alex to charge £21?

Anyway, I like the CSC, it's a nice break from pressure games, and I like to see some of the youth players getting a run out. The prices really should be very low, though.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »

I think it's time we had a winter break. Then we could play this meaningless load of tripe in the middle of it.....on the strict proviso that every game not completed before the next scheduled date is settled on the toss of a coin.

After enduring Congleton last year, I won't be bothering on Tuesday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Stockport Sports