Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 But where do the draws at Goodison and White Hart Lane rate?

Author Topic: But where do the draws at Goodison and White Hart Lane rate?  (Read 2793 times)

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Leeds Leeds Alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Re: But where do the draws at Goodison and White Hart Lane rate?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 01:53:18 AM »

The Goodison and first White Hart Lane results were more impressive in many ways - Everton were top of the old Division 1 when we played them, and Spurs' side was littered with internationals, including world cup winners Ardiles and Villa.  But these weren't giant killings technically, as the giant got back up and beat us easily both times in the replays.

The Brum game was against a side in total freefall who could not buy a win and who's fans had deserted them - but it was still a win away at a top division side and was an awesome night and exceptional achievement.

For me, our greatest FA Cup night was home to Sheffield United in 1980 (?).  3 0 win which could have been more, a crowd reported as 8000 originally but suspiciously revised down to 5180 - and the best atmosphere in all my many years visiting Moss Lane - Trafford Council would have puppies at how full the Golf Road was - with no barriers the whole place just swayed back and forth, side to side, for the whole match and never stopped singing. Each goal was utter bedlam as I recall.

All topped off with the, at that time, ritual big fight in Stamford Park after the match - though my 14 year old legs, and those of my mates, did nothing but run when the Sheffield fans broke down the gate at the Chequers end and steamed out onto Moss Lane!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 But where do the draws at Goodison and White Hart Lane rate?