News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dunc welcomed.

Author Topic: dunc welcomed.  (Read 3192 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: dunc welcomed.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:24:59 PM »

Although I would not expect anything different from an official club statement, it is still very positive......i.e we don't see it as a risk, but as an opportunity
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Baldrick

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 01:46:47 PM »

At 19 he should be in the first team. I think he is good enough.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »

Whilst I concur that Duncan is very talented he is not yet ready to play in the first team of any Premiership Club (arguably not a Championship Club either)

However, before I get hung from the nearest floodlight pylon I would say that  his talent, attitude and intelligence make him uniquely capable of reaching that level quicker than probably any other signing from our level

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 03:28:15 PM »

He mentions how Dunc has taken a physical battering and got through it. this is where I think he's currently ahead of a lot of academy players. A lot of them won't play open age football til they're 21.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »

They will mould him into the sort of player they think he can be, you can't pick the ball up in the Premier League and dance at speed through everyone, that part of his game may well end up being from just outside or inside the box. I think he has the makings for sure but he will be a slightly different player when he does get there.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 07:11:10 PM »

They will mould him into the sort of player they think he can be, you can't pick the ball up in the Premier League and dance at speed through everyone, that part of his game may well end up being from just outside or inside the box. I think he has the makings for sure but he will be a slightly different player when he does get there.

I'd tend to say you get more time on the ball higher up. Bigger pitches etc and a different speed of play. I do think he could find himself being "took out" on his way into the area after beating a few players challenges'

Beaver

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »

Whilst I concur that Duncan is very talented he is not yet ready to play in the first team of any Premiership Club (arguably not a Championship Club either)

However, before I get hung from the nearest floodlight pylon I would say that  his talent, attitude and intelligence make him uniquely capable of reaching that level quicker than probably any other signing from our level

I think you are spot on with this, no need for a hanging on this occasion  ;)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 dunc welcomed.