PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Moss Lane  (Read 14843 times)

Strong summer needed

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
Moss Lane
« on: March 13, 2023, 06:55:11 AM »

Almost 3 years into the 10 year plan it would be great to get an update from the club on progress so far and the programme of works moving forward.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/architect-reveals-10-year-vision-for-altrincham-fc/

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Moss Lane
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 08:00:46 AM »

Think I'll be Freddy by the time it happens

Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 08:04:05 AM »

I'm Freddie now! 😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 10:28:21 AM »

I thought York was the best newbuild ground I've been to so far

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 10:44:21 AM »

This was written in the article about the new wall on Golf Road

"We are looking at a programme of further improvements for 2023 and beyond, recognising that we need to improve the ground and the facilities across the board. These works will be prioritised based on a number of criteria including spectator safety, EFL requirements, available funds and financial business cases."

Read into that what you will...

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 10:46:09 AM »

The 'new' ground looks great , just worried that those overgrown toadstools behind the pop end will put folk off coming.

Ukrainian Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 10:50:35 AM »

... and Chester by far the worst.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2023, 11:10:55 AM »

But soulless.

When we do the ground up, we need to keep terraces behind each goal and the far corner on the Pop side.
There are plenty more areas of the ground that can have seating added.
Seating kills the experience and atmosphere, but I understand it is needed for older fans etc.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 12:29:05 PM »

Awful.........if we relocated out of town to something like that, I would find it hard to drag myself along every fortnight.

I have been made aware of trouble caused by away fans from another club in the adjacent Mega Bowl. We had a pint in there pre-match due to lack of outlets and it was full of kids parties. Alty fans are well behaved so the few who were in there were respectful of the surroundings. However I know this season that one clubs fans stood on tables chanting and the place had to be evacuated after a smoke-bomb was let off.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 12:30:37 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 12:47:44 PM »

Awful.........if we relocated out of town to something like that, I would find it hard to drag myself along every fortnight.

I have been made aware of trouble caused by away fans from another club in the adjacent Mega Bowl. We had a pint in there pre-match due to lack of outlets and it was full of kids parties. Alty fans are well behaved so the few who were in there were respectful of the surroundings. However I know this season that one clubs fans stood on tables chanting and the place had to be evacuated after a smoke-bomb was let off.

It's an extraordinary place for a stadium. I walked past the indoor pool and through what appears to be a library. To get things right they need to improve the signage. As there were no club officials and I looked a bit puzzled a local chap told me the way to the away end. In reality that was the long way and I could taken the short way past the indoor golf and cinema. Soft and cuddly Alty are one thing, faffing about like that with other clubs is almost certain to end in a mess.

Is this it?

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 12:53:13 PM »

As anyone who walked from the centre of York, or who arrived early, will testify, the place was utterly soulless.  Also, I can't recall another stadium where the acoustics inside the ground where so poor.  I was discussing this with my son on the way home, and we both felt that we'd be unlikely to bother going if that was what greeted us.  It's a common problem with out of town stadium that, while setting out to meet planning regs, fail to deliver in terms of fan experience.  There's plenty to improve at ML, but we are right to be cautious when making significant changes.

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 01:11:21 PM »

it's the location that's flawed and predictably it's out of town. I think Bootham Crescent is the past but I imagine the great away day experiences I've had through the years at the old venue won't be replicated at the new ground. It's not just nostalgia.its the whole package it offered.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 01:24:26 PM »

Bearing in mind they have a drum (*shudder*), you could barely hear anything of them compared to, for example, Halifax.

The two terraced stands they built at the Shay in the late 90's is what we should be looking at - I suspect the Popular Side will eventually become a fully seated stand.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 01:31:29 PM »

Bearing in mind they have a drum (*shudder*), you could barely hear anything of them compared to, for example, Halifax.

The two terraced stands they built at the Shay in the late 90's is what we should be looking at - I suspect the Popular Side will eventually become a fully seated stand.

I'd want a more modern SC**thorpe if possible
It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 01:42:09 PM »

Terrible location. Reminded me of the AJ Bell. I've always looked for York away on the calendar as one of the more attractive days out but the scramble to get to the game in taxis cuts time in the city centre short, and makes the whole day far less appealing for future trips. Would be quite content with it being a Tuesday night away game next season, should they stay up.

I thought the ground was fine and found the away end easily. Stewards were helpful. Got served quickly. Others have pointed out the overcrowding of the top 5-6 rows of seats but I would imagine there was enough space in the away end if each fan took up one seat. It's not a failing of the ground that our fans all wanted to pile in together.

I don't think we'll ever see an all-seater Moss Lane but a new, seated pop side stand with concourse has to be on the agenda as facilities in that area of the ground are terrible, as we all know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Moss Lane