PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matthew Berkeley sacked
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Matthew Berkeley sacked  (Read 13586 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Matthew Berkeley sacked
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 10:30:41 AM »

Also, how can you expect a striker to challenge for logan, potts, lawton, sedge etc and their place?

Alty365

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 10:32:41 AM »

GH said was that for him matty berkley wasn't on the same planet as him and when he came on against witton he didn't show enough hunger for the game.

I applaud GH for taking this stance. It's good to see that the attitude of the players is so important to him - we don't want people who are not committed to the cause.

Berkeley's international commitments are completely irrelevant to this issue.

Alex

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 10:38:07 AM »

agreed 

altyf

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:41:10 AM »

You absolute idiot baldrick............you get the chance to play for your country or sit on the bench for altrincham fc....what do you do...ridiculous post, hes been released because hes not good enough end of...

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »

I agree he has been released for not showing commitment and probably not good enough.

May as well spend the £50 a week on somebody else!

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 10:47:43 AM »

You absolute idiot baldrick............you get the chance to play for your country or sit on the bench for altrincham fc....what do you do...ridiculous post, hes been released because hes not good enough end of...

lies!  he was released because he was not on the same planet as GH.

Again, If i got the chance to play for any international team, no matter what age, i would do it. It just shows he has pride in his country and pride in himself.

Alex

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »

and pride was on the white board last night as an attribute you need to be a footballer

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 10:51:17 AM »

Right in the middle if i remember correctly.

Alex

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 10:52:22 AM »

right near disapline (or dodgy ref decisions) lol

teasybeaver

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 12:17:13 PM »

How can you compare England to St. Kitts? Berkeley had a chance to stay and earn a contract but he was not interested. The club needs players who want to play for Altrincham. Look at the disgraceful way Pottsy is left on the bench every week. He stays and does his best when he is given a chance. When money is in short supply contracts have to be given to players who deserve them. Pottsy deserves a contract, Berkeley doesn't. Graham made the right decision.

Listen you ignorant prick, if you want to come on here making these half-arsed attempts at being a renegade try to at least have some level of respect.

What gives you the right to tell someone how important their sense of national pride should be? Whats a mickey mouse country anyway? To me its a country that breeds ignorant senseless T**ts with no clue about identity like you. No wonder people can't wait to leave.

Good luck in your future Mr Berkley!

Inaura

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 01:36:07 PM »

Where does Baldrick get his ideas about contracted players?

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »

tell you something... we are getting just like Port Chat ... we get a win and we still find something to fall out about  ;D.

Basically he's no better than what we have and is not a player that is willing to do it 'the Alty way' ... I wouldn't say 'good riddance' I'd just say best to have someone else in who maybe will wear the shirt with pride.

I spoke to one of our players recently and he said the 'new lads' love it at Alty and the 'team' is certainly starting to bond and that they all love the support (but prob just saying that) ... This is what we need ... We have always built on good team spirit and players that want to play for the club.

COME ON ALTY !!!!

le bignose

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 04:47:37 PM »

here here Mr Warrington!! i think a few heads need to chill ............. its a forum, everyone's entitled to their own views and opinions and if you dont agree then so be it!! Thats the love of a forum cos you can speak out so lets kick back roll a fat one and chill the flock out!! Berkeley's gone .......... no major loss is it really???? exactly! better things to discuss like whens Kenny gonna be back on the scene (Sorry but i aint seen the guy for ages but then again i have been on my jollies!!)

penfold

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 06:06:03 PM »

Good decision. When times are hard we need the players to stick together and give everything for the club, not disrupt team spirit by wandering off to play for some Mickey Mouse country thousands of miles away.

So your telling me that if you get the opertunity to play for your country your not going to take that chance.....because i really dont think so...any player would jump at the chance!!!! so take your comment back, "disrupting team spirit" balls. It would not disrupt the team, it would only be like someone getting an injury.

flaggerN

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2007, 09:54:51 PM »

Look at the disgraceful way Pottsy is left on the bench every week.

Baldrick get a life
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Matthew Berkeley sacked