PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Change needed!!!!
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Change needed!!!!  (Read 3593 times)

joe

Change needed!!!!
« on: September 15, 2007, 05:44:28 PM »

First match i've not been to this season today and we were apparently awful against a very poor Woking side. I honestly think that we've got a squad capable of holding their own in this league but we're just not utilising it properly. Alot of people will probably disagree with me but i think a change is needed before its too late,if its not too late already! Just how much longer can we give Graham?

Butty

Re: Change needed!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 05:49:03 PM »

i agree with the mainstream point but as a supporter, i give graham full support but i agree that change is needed, and that is the people out on the pitch, graham knows the players better than any of us, did anyone know that carlos logan was injured but only fit enough for about half an hour of football?(if the bbc was correct)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 05:58:34 PM »

First match i've not been to this season today and we were apparently awful against a very poor Woking side. I honestly think that we've got a squad capable of holding their own in this league but we're just not utilising it properly. Alot of people will probably disagree with me but i think a change is needed before its too late,if its not too late already! Just how much longer can we give Graham?

he wont get sacked but may walk as already stated

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 05:59:52 PM »

I can only put it down to favoritism, stubbornness, or he's lost the plot.... you just cant keep employing loosing tactics  >:(
I also fear for our crowds if Graham continues to leave our best players from the starting lineup.

louise1925

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:03:19 PM »

I have a feeling GH will now start listening to the fans and we will see a change of attitude in the next two games. At least I hope so...

AT

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:11:47 PM »

I am sorry to say after watching that poor match, GH may have just lost the plot, of course he is the unsackable GH but i am sorry folks change is needed one way or another.

JUDGEMENT DAY SATURDAY.

louise1925

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 06:18:16 PM »

How about a 3-pronged attack Logan (left), Little (centre) and Senior (right)? Then GH would have the choice of 3 of Whalley, Owen, Lawton, Sedgemore and Peyton (or, whoever is available)  to play in centre midfield.

AT

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 06:19:38 PM »

We need choices up front not just defence : We are not good enough for that

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 10:06:27 AM »

Probably this is not very helpful and I know that I'm not the Manager but I think that maybe in our third season at this level the same tactics have become somewhat predictable??

We keep hearing that we have to win the fight for the right to play our football but we've been saying that since we got promoted.

People say that there's no point in going gung ho when we've already conceded 18 (now 20) goals this season. That could be true but it is a fundamental requirement of winning footy matches to score more goals than your opponents and that isn't easy with one up front and five in midfield is it?

When we've had a pop at teams at home (Aldershot, Oxford even Exeter) we've given them something to think about other than how they intend to dissect our defensive formation.

If we don't do something we'll go down. We may well go down if we play in a slightly more attacking manner but at least we may retain some support and with that we'll have some revenue coming in too.

People will vote with their feet if things continue as they are so that will just double our problems.

Before people start having a right pop at me this is not an overt criticism of the Management, merely a suggestion from a committed supporter

joe

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »

Totally agree with everything you've said there Phil. Lets hope something changes for the better and soon!

Alty365

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 11:40:22 AM »

Probably this is not very helpful and I know that I'm not the Manager but I think that maybe in our third season at this level the same tactics have become somewhat predictable??

We keep hearing that we have to win the fight for the right to play our football but we've been saying that since we got promoted.

People say that there's no point in going gung ho when we've already conceded 18 (now 20) goals this season. That could be true but it is a fundamental requirement of winning footy matches to score more goals than your opponents and that isn't easy with one up front and five in midfield is it?

When we've had a pop at teams at home (Aldershot, Oxford even Exeter) we've given them something to think about other than how they intend to dissect our defensive formation.

If we don't do something we'll go down. We may well go down if we play in a slightly more attacking manner but at least we may retain some support and with that we'll have some revenue coming in too.

People will vote with their feet if things continue as they are so that will just double our problems.

Before people start having a right pop at me this is not an overt criticism of the Management, merely a suggestion from a committed supporter

I also agree. I also think that attack is the best form of defence. We don't need to adopt a gung ho approach in order to achieve this either.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 11:48:34 AM »

Phil,

You are spot on here.

I have already spoken with some Alty season ticket holders who have stopped attending matches because they are so demoralised by the tactics, so how on earth are we going to attract the 'less committed' supporters?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty365

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »

Phil,

You are spot on here.

I have already spoken with some Alty season ticket holders who have stopped attending matches because they are so demoralised by the tactics, so how on earth are we going to attract the 'less committed' supporters?

It hurts to say this but I also know of season ticket holders who don't want to come at the moment. Our defeatest approach and long ball tactics are putting people off. I'm not out to slag anyone off here because that's not constructive but the above are facts, plain and simple. Stop the long balls down the middle, it doesn't take Pele to realise that tactic doesn't work.

louise1925

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 03:37:31 PM »

I don't care anymore if I get slated, it feels bad enough as it is. I'm a season ticket holder and Southport-Hyde is looking more attractive than Alty-Cambridge at the moment. I haven't missed a home game this season and missed only York and Woking away.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 04:01:36 PM »

Agree we need to change, or are the players not interested. Personally there pay rise should be abolished they do not deserve it!

We need to attacc and score some goals. It feels as though we have the worse forward line in the conference?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Change needed!!!!