News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mountain to climb.

Author Topic: Mountain to climb.  (Read 1265 times)

RocketDan

Mountain to climb.
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:48:18 PM »

i spotted a poster up in the bar on saturday about hiking in scotland. Sounds interesting. Any more info?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mountain to climb.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »

Thought this was a thread about Woking! (Seriously) ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

bighairedmike

Re: Mountain to climb.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »

Hello. Yes indeed. There is a thread about it somewhere else however i can't find the link at the moment.

Basically, Me and a couple of friends are doing the 3 peaks challenge which as many people will know is conquering the highest mountain in England, Wales and Scotland (Scafell Pike, Snowdon and Ben Nevis). As well as doing this we plan to hike from Inverness to Fort William (75 miles-ish) carrying all our equipment ourselves. After this we are going to climb Ben Nevis, and then move to the Isle of Skye to climb what have been labelled as some of the toughest mountains in Britain (tents, sleeping bags, food, clothes, water etc etc). We have done some hiking before and it will definately be going ahead but i thought it would be a good opportunity to raise money for the club.

We are climbing Scafell Pike 2 days after the Wrexham match, doing Snowdon over May Bank Holiday weekend and we are going to do the crossing of scotland, climbing Ben Nevis, Isle of Skye trip in July.

I have already had a few pledges and will update this page with more when i find the link.  :)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mountain to climb.