News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 gh sees bushell going as a blow

Author Topic: gh sees bushell going as a blow  (Read 2823 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: June 15, 2007, 08:53:57 AM »

do we agree ?need lewis to stay now or sign a decent central midfielder imo

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: gh sees bushell going as a blow
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 09:25:23 AM »

From the Messenger Site

http://www.messengernewspapers.co.uk/sport/alty/altynews/display.var.1473899.0.bushell_rejoins_halifax.php

As I have said earlier I personally do not see this as too huge a setback....Yes I know he'll be totally awesome against us every time we play Halifax but that always happens when a player leaves.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:35:40 AM »

Bushell was one of the big disappointments of last season, particularly after we had seen him have an impact whilst on loan to us during the previous season, so I can't say that I'm distraught at this news.

Plus, he's 34, so he has a limited shelf life.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

altyf

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 09:42:08 AM »

Just to sum up my feelings
Magnificent when on loan
Disappointmentlast season.
Not at all distraught but bemused as to why he chose to leave
I thought he was looking to go part time to run a business?
Therefore I agree with whoever suggested that wages swayed him

Alty365

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:45:26 AM »

Having now read the Messenger report I'm inclined to alter my view about wages being the only deciding factor. I reckon the lure of a full time contract was simply too great for him to turn down.

As stated above he will be awesome when he plays againat us but he's by no means irreplacable. Let's try and get some younger blood into the team and build a side which can gel over years as well as months.

altyf

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »

Having now read the Messenger report I'm inclined to alter my view about wages being the only deciding factor. I reckon the lure of a full time contract was simply too great for him to turn down.
I must disagree. I would have thought he was getting too old to be moving back into full time and I thought part time thing suited his working plans. Also thought that his office or whatever was located in Wythenshaw or somewhere close by. However I havn't read the messenger article so you may be right

Alty365

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:54:30 AM »

I think it's an element of both to be honest. Full time football is a big attraction but if he's been offered significantly better money that would have been a big element in his decision. I expect he'll have been on good money here so it frees up a big chunk of the budget to bring in fresh blood. Could turn out to be a blessing in the long run but we'll have to wait and see.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »

If GH has let go three players he has someone lined up.

Last year look at who he brought in for us - Robbie Lawton and Joe O'Neill - arguable two of the best we have in the side.

I am sure GH will build on this and bring in some new faces to IMPROVE the squad even further.

Lewis signing? well I dont believe all the hype about him really he does not set me alight. But there again everyone has different opinions about every player. I am sure someone will say Andy Scott was the best left back since sliced bread!

Altyant

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 07:50:37 PM »

If GH has let go three players he has someone lined up.

Last year look at who he brought in for us - Robbie Lawton and Joe O'Neill - arguable two of the best we have in the side.

I am sure GH will build on this and bring in some new faces to IMPROVE the squad even further.

Lewis signing? well I dont believe all the hype about him really he does not set me alight. But there again everyone has different opinions about every player. I am sure someone will say Andy Scott was the best left back since sliced bread!

Who did sliced bread play for?!!!  :P

AntonDeck

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 11:44:44 AM »

Warburton F.C. ?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team