PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'll probably get castigated for this
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I'll probably get castigated for this  (Read 12253 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 14, 2016, 07:31:28 AM »

However, as I sit here in work 5 hours after getting back from Nuneaton I'll say it anyway.

This is easily the biggest on pitch Crisis at the club in 30 years. As it stands we are 5 points adrift and those directly above us have a game in hand, and we face the prospect of exiting the FA cup at the first hurdle on Saturday when we desperately need to progress for finance reasons if nothing else.

There's been a succession of poor decisions that have led us to this point. We've won 13 league games in 71 and are in real danager of dropping through to the evostick league. People are angry, upset, fed up with it all, losing interest and losing faith.

If we are to stand any chance of getting through this we really are going to have to come together. We need to put arguements, blame, accusations, anger and negativity to one side and that means from the top of the club down to the bottom. We need a siege mentality, and we need it quickly.

I realise there will probably be a host of negative and jocular responses to this, but this is about preservation of OUR football club, we aren't big enough to get through this so badly fractured. We need the club to make a statement saying that the manager will get the backing he needs to turn things around and that bucket collections for now will be diverted in full to a transfer fund and I'm sure that will be responded to by supporters, we need football cards and whatever other quick money raising avenues there are, solely for the benefit of the team. and we need everyone to get to moss lane on Saturday as its a game we really cannot afford to lose, so get down and back the lads, it's are only way out of this

The siege mentality needs to be embraced immediately, stand together, fight together. We're all Alty aren't we?

taxi Phil

Re: I'll probably get castigated for this
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 07:41:48 AM »

No castigation here Pete....you've got it bang on.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 08:01:39 AM »

100% agree.

Desperate times call for a change of attitude from top to bottom.

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 08:02:01 AM »

Yes Pete bucket collections and football cards really going to get us out of this mess!

Incidentally you say "We need the club to make a statement saying that the manager will get the backing he needs" - what if that doesn't happen?

Maybe you could relay your war cry to the chairman? Particularly in light of his comments in the press, which was the biggest statement of disunity I recall

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 08:02:16 AM »

Lots of agendas and politics, that's understandable, this has been shocking. But we all support the same club, got to come together and try to stave this off as priority above everything else.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 08:29:49 AM »

Well said Hughesy lad.

Personally I would have been a bit surprised if the manager wasn't assured of some financial assistance to sort this mess out but I agree that a fund raising effort is desperately needed.
It was clearly evident last night at the game, that between all the banter etc (which is great to witness) the fans really do care about the club and the sooner this slide into the abyss is halted the better.

Last night we were beaten by a team that in all honesty were very poor.

Lets get to Moss Lane on Saturday and shout, scream, cajole and get behind the team (we might not think some of them are up to it, but hey its all we have fkn got at this moment in time) they need our support, Jim Harvey certainly needs our support and regardless what anybody thinks of personalities within the club they also need our support.

Lets make Saturday a Club day, an Altrincham FC day and put aside our angst against who or whatever and get behind the team, if you can afford it, chuck an extra quid in the bucket and support the lads.

Its the FA Cup , the greatest competition, and remember one last thing. Its fkn Gainsborough that are coming on Saturday NOT Barcelona.

With a bit of fortitude and effort all mixed in with some never say die attitude, I reckon we could beat them and with a few decent signings in the near future kickstart our season.

Cmon Alty

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 09:23:33 AM »

Incredible to see the fans applaud the team when Jim came over . I feel that was more about Jim making a point to appreciate the fans effort and dedication and make that point to the players as well

We'll never die
ParkINson's red and white army

nidgo

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 09:33:47 AM »

The Saturday Yankee was the only quick income every week,and with a little more effort from everyone,this would have worked.it just seemed nobody  from the club was interested in it any more.with the Yankee now stopped we are talking thousands since the club jacked it in,we have lost.The only interest seems to be in the community hall where  lots of people are walking about in community hall sports clothing.and that's if you can get through office door without falling over little kids and can put up with the smell of chips.

GB Alty

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 09:45:57 AM »

What ever happened regarding this?

http://altrincham.today/2016/04/12/lifelong-fan-makes-10000-donation-altrincham-fc/

"Personally, I would love to be on the board, because I have experience of business and Alty are close to my heart,” he added. “I believe there are a few tweaks we need to make to the business model, and I would welcome the chance to be part of that.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 09:46:56 AM »

We need Hannigan back asap, the team fell apart the minute he was off the pitch. We need to give the manager some cash to bring a few faces that have experience. Right now we need to get a win as much as anything else. Lots of smaller injections of positivity that will get our threadbare squad feeling like they can do this. I can't help thinking we also need to release a few players in between too to help get this monkey off our back! We also need to believe Densmore will come back strong next month and make a difference.

More than anything we need the club to make a statement that will put all of this dark days stuff to bed and allow us to feel that we are going to do all we can to drag the club up the table.

We all know this seasons a write off, but we need to make sure next season is a conf north promotion push not an evo-stik licking our wounds and re-building job.

Of course we can pull out of this mess, and of course we need to do it together.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »

Still a long way to go before I accept we can't avoid relegation.

Can't see a win until 2 out of Hannigan, Hall and Cyrus are back in the team.

Definate need to set up a bit more attacking if only to relieve pressure on the defence. Think Miller and Cain are going to play a major part in our survival in the league.
Full time and proud of it

andrewflynn

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 09:52:51 AM »

However, as I sit here in work 5 hours after getting back from Nuneaton I'll say it anyway.

This is easily the biggest on pitch Crisis at the club in 30 years. As it stands we are 5 points adrift and those directly above us have a game in hand, and we face the prospect of exiting the FA cup at the first hurdle on Saturday when we desperately need to progress for finance reasons if nothing else.

There's been a succession of poor decisions that have led us to this point. We've won 13 league games in 71 and are in real danager of dropping through to the evostick league. People are angry, upset, fed up with it all, losing interest and losing faith.

If we are to stand any chance of getting through this we really are going to have to come together. We need to put arguements, blame, accusations, anger and negativity to one side and that means from the top of the club down to the bottom. We need a siege mentality, and we need it quickly.

I realise there will probably be a host of negative and jocular responses to this, but this is about preservation of OUR football club, we aren't big enough to get through this so badly fractured. We need the club to make a statement saying that the manager will get the backing he needs to turn things around and that bucket collections for now will be diverted in full to a transfer fund and I'm sure that will be responded to by supporters, we need football cards and whatever other quick money raising avenues there are, solely for the benefit of the team. and we need everyone to get to moss lane on Saturday as its a game we really cannot afford to lose, so get down and back the lads, it's are only way out of this

The siege mentality needs to be embraced immediately, stand together, fight together. We're all Alty aren't we?

They don't want our help.

Despite the need for it to happen, I simply don't foresee the fans and club tackling this hand in hand. For the best part of two years, supporters have been "coming together" despite on pitch proceedings being utterly depressing. Not once have I seen any show of solidarity from "the club." Nothing of note anyway. I simply can't see how that will change now.

The last time I saw the fans mentioned was the latest NLP article. It tarred us all with the same brush, whether it was designed to or not.

If things change for the better, it will be a job well done by the board and we will have simply been spectators for it all.

If things stay the same we'll be lucky to get an apology.

EDIT: And while I'm here, if they do ask us supporters to finance this mess then its an absolute embarrassment. We can't be expected to do more than we're already doing, going home and away to watch this shambles. Stop relying on us for a quick and easy fix, and start working on attracting real investment. The potential is there. I don't know how many times Jack Jolly needs to go over it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:02:18 AM by @wearealty »

bumble

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:39 AM »

Two thoughts.

We helped Dunc back to where he - deservedly  belongs - perhaps he would like to make a tax deductable donation to help former teammates?

But more realistically, what if we launched a crowd funded campaign.But - like grimsby and lincoln - a major benefactor or board member would agree to match what the fans put in?

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:59 AM »

Two thoughts.

We helped Dunc back to where he - deservedly  belongs - perhaps he would like to make a tax deductable donation to help former teammates?

But more realistically, what if we launched a crowd funded campaign.But - like grimsby and lincoln - a major benefactor or board member would agree to match what the fans put in?

Am I the only person who thinks that its not money that we need? We've got a huge squad of injured players supplemented by awful half fit players and one or two that are fit and should be wearing the shirt.

If we had the money for neil Young to sign a wagon load of wank and the crowds so far have been nothing short of a miracle, given the on pitch showing of the previous 9 months, then we have enough money to make an impact in this league.

You could throw all the money you have in the bucket but if the club are going to spend it unwisely with little acknowledgement of their problems then its a bloody waste.

Domingo's right, we're in a hole at the moment because of injuries so the team is picking itself and morale is beyond low. The only thing we can do is get behind them and try and instil some positivity that will drag us off our arses and scraping some points together. We've got to fight!

The board need to lead this effort, they need to get behind the fans and we'll get behind the team and Jim Harvey.

Come on Altrincham FC, speak up and be counted!!!!!!

bumble

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 11:31:17 AM »

This is a reply to the above but dont want to make it a big post by clicking reply.

Surely its neil young who spent it wankily not the board?

Id hope if we raised monies itd go to jim not on more yoga stuff
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team