PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'll probably get castigated for this
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I'll probably get castigated for this  (Read 12256 times)

Jezza

Re: I'll probably get castigated for this
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 12:17:19 PM »

Good post....but get a few players back bring in a few more and get rid of the dross ...play round pegs in round holes and we can finish top half and look foward to next season..get ready to cheer and support the turn around!....

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 12:49:02 PM »

I'd release any of the sh*t that isn't contracted and play reserves/youth players in their place until we can bring in adequate replacements. They can't do any worse and will probably put more effort in.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »

This is a reply to the above but dont want to make it a big post by clicking reply.

Surely its neil young who spent it wankily not the board?

Id hope if we raised monies itd go to jim not on more yoga stuff

The money is still there, we just need to free it up by releasing some of the absolute tosh on the books. If the club can't balance the shortfall between them going and new faces coming then something isn't right and I don't see why anyone would invest their hard earned cash in it.

VofD

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 01:08:38 PM »

What ever happened regarding this?

http://altrincham.today/2016/04/12/lifelong-fan-makes-10000-donation-altrincham-fc/

"Personally, I would love to be on the board, because I have experience of business and Alty are close to my heart,” he added. “I believe there are a few tweaks we need to make to the business model, and I would welcome the chance to be part of that.

I wonder if he now regrets it, given what has happened since he donated the money.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 01:42:03 PM »

This is a reply to the above but dont want to make it a big post by clicking reply.

Surely its neil young who spent it wankily not the board?

Id hope if we raised monies itd go to jim not on more yoga stuff

The money is still there, we just need to free it up by releasing some of the absolute tosh on the books. If the club can't balance the shortfall between them going and new faces coming then something isn't right and I don't see why anyone would invest their hard earned cash in it.

I think this hits the nail on the head. As a support from the Unibond years we've quite correctly agreed with the Boards policy of living within our means. These last two games have been a crushing disappointment and have shown a number of players are simply not up for the fight. We now need to utilise every line of credit we've got to finance both bringing new faces in and if required paying contracts up. If we don't it's looking like a roll of the dice in the hope injured players will come back and Jim gets lucky.

I think we're one of the most realistic sets of fans in senior non league football, but I for one, given the resources at our disposal, can't accept our natural position is a club considering Evostick football next season. Whatever financial constraints we currently have will be as nothing if we get relegated.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:43:54 PM by JTH »

brinners

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 01:43:24 PM »

Look at this:
                          REEVES

CAIN.                                           MILLER

PATTERSON         MOULT               DENSMORE

GOODALL

HANNIGAN  HALL.   CYRUS

DEASY

This team would be competing for a play off place. A steely central midfielder and another striker and we'd be competing to win the bloody thing.

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 02:39:13 PM »

I think this hits the nail on the head. As a support from the Unibond years we've quite correctly agreed with the Boards policy of living within our means. These last two games have been a crushing disappointment and have shown a number of players are simply not up for the fight. We now need to utilise every line of credit we've got to finance both bringing new faces in and if required paying contracts up. If we don't it's looking like a roll of the dice in the hope injured players will come back and Jim gets lucky.

I think we're one of the most realistic sets of fans in senior non league football, but I for one, given the resources at our disposal, can't accept our natural position is a club considering Evostick football next season. Whatever financial constraints we currently have will be as nothing if we get relegated.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. Financially it might have been necessary to get rid of most of last seasons team but then recruiting 20 odd players who don't seem to want to play or don't have enough skill was madness.

I really, really hope Jim can get rid of the dross and turn the situation around.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »

Look at this:
                          REEVES

CAIN.                                           MILLER

PATTERSON         MOULT               DENSMORE

GOODALL

HANNIGAN  HALL.   CYRUS

DEASY

This team would be competing for a play off place. A steely central midfielder and another striker and we'd be competing to win the bloody thing.

I think even within that starting 11 there's one or two players that aren't good enough to challenge for a place in any team that will finish top 5 this season.

One thing's for sure though, with the right mentality and tactics thats an 11 that would have won a game by now.

brinners

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 03:33:01 PM »

I know mate. I was just trying to be hopeful when I don't really feel much hope.  :)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2016, 03:37:01 PM »

Look at this:
                          REEVES

GOODALL

HANNIGAN  HALL.   CYRUS

DEASY

Cant see Desnmore playing much part this season, he's been out for a worrying length of time. I also have concerns about Alan Goodall. Think its a case of one season too many for him, looks like his legs have gone.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 03:51:41 PM »

What ever happened regarding this?

http://altrincham.today/2016/04/12/lifelong-fan-makes-10000-donation-altrincham-fc/

"Personally, I would love to be on the board, because I have experience of business and Alty are close to my heart,” he added. “I believe there are a few tweaks we need to make to the business model, and I would welcome the chance to be part of that.

funny i was only thinking about that today,but we might not need it see main site about a 5 figure windfall from sunderland just as long as its not £101.99pence  ;D
Harold

Hemel Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »

There is still plenty of time to turn this around. We beat Barnsley in late November last year and they were in the bottom 4 of Div 1 and piss poor. They then went on a run that saw them promoted and are now in the play off places in the Championship.

Jezza

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 04:00:24 PM »

only 5 figures????

hope its £99,999........if it's only ten then thats a very cheap add on for appearances which proves the guy is premiership quality....need him to be bought by city for 80m.....which is what would happen if it was macclesfield sold a player...knowing us he'll go on a bosman at the end of his contract............then get sold for 80m...

taxi Phil

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 04:01:02 PM »

Look at this:
                          REEVES

GOODALL

HANNIGAN  HALL.   CYRUS

DEASY

Cant see Desnmore playing much part this season, he's been out for a worrying length of time. I also have concerns about Alan Goodall. Think its a case of one season too many for him, looks like his legs have gone.

No place for our current dead ball expert and leading scorer ?

Jezza

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 04:17:56 PM »

swap patterson into densmore's slot and move cain back and put lawrie behind reeves and it looks better?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 I'll probably get castigated for this