PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest News
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Latest News  (Read 4943 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Latest News
« on: November 26, 2008, 08:39:51 AM »

As there are no official updates I wonder if we could predict the missing news I will start with:-

Rushden Confident
The rushden manager today spoke about how they are looking forward to trouncing part time altrincham on saturday, they were lucky at our place and if we have serious ambitions then we really should be beating teams like this.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

fuertes

Re: Latest News
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 08:46:17 AM »

As there are no official updates I wonder if we could predict the missing news I will start with:-

Rushden Confident
The rushden manager today spoke about how they are looking forward to trouncing part time altrincham on saturday, they were lucky at our place and if we have serious ambitions then we really should be beating teams like this.

To be fair, I've noticed a decrease in the number of manager's saying "we really should be beating teams like this" and an increase in quotes saying "Altrincham are a hard-working side an we'll have to be on our game".

God forbid they ever acknowledge that we're actually quite good at the moment.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 09:17:06 AM »

I'll really believe we've turned the corner with regards to others' perceptions when the NLP starts putting promotion rather than relegation odds in their reports of our matches (even if it's 100/1!)  :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »

*BREAKING NEWS FROM REUTERS*

In an audacious attempted coup at Moss Lane earlier today, a fan known only as "Dino" attempted to overthrow the Altrincham board and management. Onlookers were left aghast as the situation escalated, with co-conspirator "Gunners11" joining "Dino" in chaining themselves to the famous gold railings of the Noel White Suite.

Reacting quickly to quell the scenes, James Black and Hugh Cooper we're summoned to instigate negotiations with the hostile parties. Black was later rumoured to have stated "Alty FC, family, mates...in that order" whilst Cooper stressed that Heathcote and the board were the men to bring glory to the club. The continued repetition of this point eventually exhuasted the "men in chains" who surrendered of their own free will, and were last seen sprinting from the scene.

Despite 4 minutes of turmoil, Altrincham FC suffered no ill effects and reports suggest they are in strong position ahead of the Rushden game this Saturday.

matnvfcmad

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 10:17:28 AM »

Rushden Confident

Just for that comment i hope you beat Rushden sick of the so called big clubs in this league picking on the part timers ;)

markecky

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »

Rushden Confident

Just for that comment i hope you beat Rushden sick of the so called big clubs in this league picking on the part timers ;)

whoooooshhhh

Northwich Sign Australian Duo

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 11:46:01 AM »

Rushden Confident

C'est Jacques Noir?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 01:37:09 PM »

No New Money At Vics?

A spokesman for Northwich Victoria has confirmed today that there has been a misunderstanding about new money coming into the club from an unnamed overseas investor. He said that an e-mail had been received from a gentleman who had recently inherited a large ammount of money, prompting the club to spend wildly. On further inspection it was found that the gentleman needed to borrow a substantial ammount from the club in order to obtain his full inheritance, at which point the club would be reimbursed with a large dividend.
The spokesman added  'Northwich Victoria Football Club are grateful for the enquiry, and while it is not quite the deal we are looking for at this time, it is certainly no worse than some we have entered into in the past'
The e-mail is thought to have originated in Ghana

bighairedmike

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 04:09:43 PM »

No New Money At Vics?

A spokesman for Northwich Victoria has confirmed today that there has been a misunderstanding about new money coming into the club from an unnamed overseas investor. He said that an e-mail had been received from a gentleman who had recently inherited a large ammount of money, prompting the club to spend wildly. On further inspection it was found that the gentleman needed to borrow a substantial ammount from the club in order to obtain his full inheritance, at which point the club would be reimbursed with a large dividend.
The spokesman added  'Northwich Victoria Football Club are grateful for the enquiry, and while it is not quite the deal we are looking for at this time, it is certainly no worse than some we have entered into in the past'
The e-mail is thought to have originated in Ghana

Gazelle In Vics Scandal Shocker??  ;)     ::)

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 01:11:33 AM »

*BREAKING NEWS FROM REUTERS*

In an audacious attempted coup at Moss Lane earlier today, a fan known only as "Dino" attempted to overthrow the Altrincham board and management. Onlookers were left aghast as the situation escalated, with co-conspirator "Gunners11" joining "Dino" in chaining themselves to the famous gold railings of the Noel White Suite.

Reacting quickly to quell the scenes, James Black and Hugh Cooper we're summoned to instigate negotiations with the hostile parties. Black was later rumoured to have stated "Alty FC, family, mates...in that order" whilst Cooper stressed that Heathcote and the board were the men to bring glory to the club. The continued repetition of this point eventually exhuasted the "men in chains" who surrendered of their own free will, and were last seen sprinting from the scene.

Despite 4 minutes of turmoil, Altrincham FC suffered no ill effects and reports suggest they are in strong position ahead of the Rushden game this Saturday.

Thats not even close to been funny grow up

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 01:16:07 AM »

Heathcote says Senior certain to play 90 mins

As Graham Heathcote looks towards continuing his sides fantastic recovery SAM report that GH has confirmed to them that Striker Chris Seniors Frustration of been subbed is likely to be extinguished this weekend as he guarenties that both Elam and Senior will play from the start with the pacy striker likely to play the full 90.

bighairedmike

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 07:36:42 AM »

And that was just hilarious james, well done.

:'(

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 11:38:05 AM »

wrexham today announce the signing of another 5 players on temp loan, this brings their total playing staff to a squad size of 47
Bernard Taylors barmy army

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 11:51:15 AM »

Thats not even close to been funny grow up

I think that is actually the closest you've ever come to a competent sentence. Couple of punctuation additions, rework "been" (Were you after Kidney "bean"? "been" to the match? Or maybe "being"?) and your there!

Either way...perhaps evidence that less, is indeed more in the case of understanding your posts.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 12:06:22 PM »

I think that is actually the closest you've ever come to a competent sentence. Couple of punctuation additions, rework "been" (Were you after Kidney "bean"? "been" to the match? Or maybe "being"?) and your there!

You mean "and you're there"  :D
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Latest News