News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hugh Strikes Again

Author Topic: Hugh Strikes Again  (Read 4258 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Hugh Strikes Again
« on: November 25, 2008, 04:09:34 PM »

Our Resident Time traveller strikes again.

This was posted on Conference Forum today although quite why i don't know.

He's also got us tarred as 'superior Alty Fans' just to further improve things.

Maybe it's a precursor to a long post about our management being the best ever anywhere in the world and the obvious successors to Sir Alex, Capello, Dunga etc.

I despair

You know why Halifax did it don't you?
Hugh(Alty)   [ cooperhugh@hotmail.com ]   Tue 25-Nov-2008 15:09:23
authenticated user: HUGH(ALTY) (id=10889)
[ views 256 ]
[ return to index ]
[ Message 1107494, follow-up to none ]

Going straight down three divisions but becoming debt free, keeping your ground and probably your support with a few quick promotions (like Telford) is probably a better option than cutting your cloth accordingly - going part time, cutting your wages to a few thousand pounds a week and possibly drifting down two or three divisions over a number of years and quite possibly having lost a substantial percentage of your support by the end even if you do get your debt paid off - and if you go bust anyway after getting relegated, end up at more than 3 divisions below the Conference like Scarborough.

With the rules as they are I can't blame clubs for taking the Halifax way out.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Hugh Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 06:07:39 PM »

Note that I said I don't blame the clubs who do this - just the rules.

I'm sorry if some people reacted badly to this but the recent  media talk about all the tax that clubs have had written off in recent times annoyed me.

And you and anyone else who wanted Heathcote to go (or still do) are clearly clueless as recent results show.

Is that short enough for you Phil

PS the scenes at Lewes really upset me and many others. I hoped I could enjoy the season we recovered fully from 1995 A.D., which I've worked so hard for but people are still moaning and giving me abuse for defending a decent man and Altrincham hero - I (and other people) ask ourselves why we bother.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 06:40:04 PM »

And you and anyone else who wanted Heathcote to go (or still do) are clearly clueless as recent results show.

Change the record Hugh, it's totally boring now. Your sycophantic posts are neither helpful nor necessary. How are we ever supposed to move on from these things when you bring them up time after time?

Draw a line under it and move on.
Come on Alty!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 07:05:42 PM »

I'm sorry if some people reacted badly to this but the recent  media talk about all the tax that clubs have had written off in recent times annoyed me.

PS the scenes at Lewes really upset me and many others. I hoped I could enjoy the season we recovered fully from 1995 A.D., which I've worked so hard for but people are still moaning and giving me abuse for defending a decent man and Altrincham hero - I (and other people) ask ourselves why we bother.

Hugh,

The extract below shows a remarkable arrogance and insensitivity - I'm right and anyone who disagrees is wrong as a matter of course is how you continue to come across.

Also can you please provide evidence that I wanted him to go or is this another of your deluded assumptions?

Oh and to be factually correct (1) The scenes to which you refer were actually at Moss Lane, (2) People other than you have worked hard & (3) If you didn't try to force your views down the throats off all and sundry maybe you'd not get so much of what you call abuse.

Best advice I can offer Hugh is to pay attention to the post from ALTY 1981 and do as he suggests

david sneddon

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 07:54:13 PM »

Hugh,how about your keep your provocative, and ultimately "attention seeking" posts to this forum?.We dont want to end up being hated simply down to yet another tedious bout of attention seeking by yourself.Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the timings of your posts in recent weeks have been very calculated, such as your clear attempt to cause friction prior to the original luton fixture, by poking a stick into a hornets nest that had well and truely settled down,many weeks earlier.Stop posting statements with the clear intent of causing infighting.United we stand, divided we fall, think on..........

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »

Trust us we've moved on why don't you plus if your such a graham heathcote fan why not get him to appologise to the fans that helped his players get near to knocking luton out.Without our support i don't think we'd of even got a replay and grahams said that himself just an apology would be nice i've apologised for my actions for the lewes game time after time i'm getting bored doing it so can we just leave it.That happened in september were now in November
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:53:54 PM by Jimbo Alty FC »

jimbo

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:16:18 PM »

i love it .without are support we wudnt av got a replay?.why did you play in the match?when managers say things like that its just hypothetical football chat.meaning they appreciate our support .when were positive vocally its normal players will matbe find a bit extra.but when were negative players wilt and dont perform .is that a ok assessment.when man u won champions league dont remember any fans getting a medal.ha ha.

Jezza

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 02:42:39 PM »

Alty fan posts on confguide shock horror.

I think Hugh is entitled to post whatever he likes where he likes and in this post he has a valid if very stating the bleeding obvious point.

What I can't work out is why re-post it here in public? What purpose does that serve? is it one- nil to Phil here or something?

At least Hugh stands up to his beliefs...if Phil put a refs are beyond reproach post on confguide he would get absolutly slaughtered...which Hugh incidentally didn't despite the inference he has completely soiled Alty's reputation to the point we should all be scared of going to York.

I think it's very childish and smacks of bullying to try and publicly embarass someone as ATS has done here.

You feel free Hugh....even if you are a wierdo sometimes you are as entitled to post what you like where you like as anyone else....if we don't like it tough really.

PS If you have a time travel machine can we all go back to Wembley '78 in it?

PPS most people wanted the 'cote sacked for making a wanker gesture at the fanson the results side the consensus was to give him till xmas.....many of us are stull shocked he never made anything approaching toward an apology even just to those he didn't aim the gesture at but may have offended.....you clearly think that's OK, I assert you are wrong.

Jimbo Alty FC

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 03:49:35 PM »

i love it .without are support we wudnt av got a replay?.why did you play in the match?when managers say things like that its just hypothetical football chat.meaning they appreciate our support .when were positive vocally its normal players will matbe find a bit extra.but when were negative players wilt and dont perform .is that a ok assessment.when man u won champions league dont remember any fans getting a medal.ha ha.

who welcomed the comedian

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 11:57:00 AM »

who welcomed the comedian

Are you quoting against yourself here? ;D

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 04:41:45 AM »

Jezza, how I'd love to go  back to ,78 and all those glory years I missed - I'll just have to hope we can repeat them - and that was all this was ever about really, can we get back to the glory years with 'Cote/Goodwin, and will upsetting Goodwin (even if 'Cote is the wrong man) cause morew probvlems than it solves. I just hope Goodwin doewsn't decide he's had enough and walks away, that's what worries me most.

I can understand if people wqant him out for that gesture, although I don't think there was a need to provoke him in the first place as I said before. Personally I would put up with worse than thatif it meant Alty doing well, and that's even though I don't agree with such gestures at all. He doesn't handle these things very well. He said himself that he hasn't learnt to de3al with these things. However I've got over it and I hope other people can. I don't aski for the perfect man, just someone who can keep Alty up (and remember him and others were getting some quite severe stick before the gewsture).

Ask 'Cote for an apology if you want, he doe3sn';t hide away or owt (I can't be bothered).

Really as long as Geoff Goodwin is happy (and he did say recently he wished he hadn't bothered) and as long as we have a manager who will keep us up I will settle for thatg.

Sorry if I've upset peo0ple but certain things did really upset me. Hopefully we cdan all move on and enjoy the rest of the season.  Or something.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 05:33:26 AM »

Change the record Hugh, it's totally boring now. Your sycophantic posts are neither helpful nor necessary. How are we ever supposed to move on from these things when you bring them up time after time?

Draw a line under it and move on.

!981, I will do as you suggest, all I hope is that Goodwin or someone won't end up walking out if this happens again leaving us in a difficult situation

And to whom it may concern - we did have a bad season before Lewes (United always seem to have a poor wearly season - oops that's blown it!) - Little, Senior and Elam were struggling for fiteness, Johnson "wasn't trying"  and we still had Doherty     ;D
Ah well, as long as we stay up I'll be happy whether it's with or without Heathcote. That Vauxhall GM league was dewpressing

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 05:57:27 AM »

Hugh,

The extract below shows a remarkable arrogance and insensitivity - I'm right and anyone who disagrees is wrong as a matter of course is how you continue to come across.

Also can you please provide evidence that I wanted him to go or is this another of your deluded assumptions?

Oh and to be factually correct (1) The scenes to which you refer were actually at Moss Lane, (2) People other than you have worked hard & (3) If you didn't try to force your views down the throats off all and sundry maybe you'd not get so much of what you call abuse.

Best advice I can offer Hugh is to pay attention to the post from ALTY 1981 and do as he suggests.

Phil, for what it's worth,

the clueless  thing is mimicking someone who called me clueless at the Lewes game and heckled Heathcote (and Dennis Birch) in the first minute of that game. I am sensitive and was upset by that. Part of the re3ason why I've been on about this (since you ask). I happen to think that we should stick with Heathcote (give or take the odd gesture) and have said this, as people have said their opinion to the contrary with similar vehemence (due to all of us wanting the best for Alty).

Of course this was a lazy and ill-tempered post and I should of course have added "if you did want Heathcote out" (although "deluded is a bit ott) and `you would of course have every right to sue me for liable. GH is of course the Ferguson of the non-league though  :)

1. Of course I meant against Lewes.

2. I realise this, I worked with them. I remember the first time I saw Ecky circa the summer of 1995 for ground work and he seemed a `likeable enough fellow. I hope we can still be on speaking terms, and would ask people to remember we are all here cos we want success for Alty. I also respect you Phil which is why I have bothered to reply to this post. Cheer up,, 8 off the playoffs with a game in hand!

3. I will do what 1981 suggests, and will put it behind me. Peace and good will and all that. I'm on your side really, and that of all Alty fans.

Of course people who wanted Heathcote to go aren't clueless, and I shouln't have said so. Now let's move on.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »

The thing is Hugh, and what you spectacularly fail to recognise, nobody on here (except you) has even mentioned the Heathcote In/Out argument for months now. You've got to let it go and just put your efforts into getting behind the team, which I know you always do. You're a great Alty fan and have been for a long time Hugh. Let the whole Heathcote argument go, everybody else has.

We are playing a mid-table 6 pointer at home to Rushden & Diamonds tomorrow. Just repeat it to yourselves a few times - how good does that sound!!

Come on Alty!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Hugh Strikes Again